BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Stevens Outcome

Stevens has found serious irregularities in the 17 transfers he investigated. Nothing will be made public before the Sheffield United arbitration but if the Economic Crimes Unit is involved the EPL will not be able to keep the lid on it indefinitely should charges be made.

This is a useful q and a on the whole thing.

Could be a traumatic summer for the EPL.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More arrests to come.

Stevens playing psychological warfare here. A deliberately placed piece about system- interviewing in the right order to optimise revelation and minimise collateral damage. Then an "anonymous" arrest on money laundering, then letting it be known that high profile arrests are to follow, all the time keeing everyone in a will he, won't he publicise limbo.

I wonder how many lawyers are currently involved in what amounts to plea bargaining on behalf of their rich and well-known football clients and effectively shopping their learned friends' clients in the process?

A lot of summer holidays will be being spent sweating for reasons other than the sun on the Algarve or West Indies.

As long as Mr. Williams or any other board member didn't take a 'special interest' in any of our last managers' deals, I'm happy. Always found it odd how often Souness used the agent Willie McKay, and how the reported fe for Grabbi almost doubled over a few weeks.

Anyway, such suspicions are mere speculation, as was my last post, so don't sue me for defamation.

As long as Mr. Williams or any other board member didn't take a 'special interest' in any of our last managers' deals, I'm happy. Always found it odd how often Souness used the agent Willie McKay, and how the reported fe for Grabbi almost doubled over a few weeks.

Anyway, such suspicions are mere speculation, as was my last post, so don't sue me for defamation.

There is strong speculation that old Whirling Eyes transfer dealings at Newcastle may have created a phenomenal amount of interest, I understand. Not sure about his prior dealings at Ewood.

That might explain the £8m for Boumsong, as i can't think of any other reason he'd be worth that!

Legal bit: The above statement is a jovial remark that should not be taken seriously by anyone. It is not a statement of fact, just a cheeky remark.

Is that enough to get me and this site out of any trouble? :lol:

I think the Stevens Enquirey is focusing on transfers from January 2004 onwards.

Souness was replaced in September 2004 and incoming transfers for that period (after trawling through this site) seem to be :

Michael Gray - free

Peter Enckleman - £150k

Javier De Pedro - free

Paul Dickov - £150k

Dominic Matteo - free

Jay Bothroyd - loan

Gamst - £1.5m

Not much scope for shenanighans there, really.

Not from getting a % of transfer fees anyway. A freebie player might involve a brown envelope to a manager as a thank you from the agent for signing an unemployed client, or a manager could somehow get a bit of any profit from the agent if the player is then sold for a fee perhaps.

It will be interesting to see what meager punishment will be dealt out should any of the top four clubs be involved.

As for the manager that may face charges, are we running a sweep?

Any one of two that Newcastle have employed.

I think the Stevens Enquirey is focusing on transfers from January 2004 onwards.

Obviously nailed on irregularities concerning one or more of Fergy, Wenger, Ranieri or Houllier have not been detected since a biggy circa Christmas 2003! :rolleyes:

Chelsea, porstmouth middlesbrough newcastle bolton. named.The last two viewed as the most serious.

Souness involved. when at Newcastle- inconsistencies of evidence.

Allardyce named.- conflict of interest with his son.

Chelsea - transfers of Drogba, Essien and Csech still unhappy about.

Stevens wants this referred to FIFA

Archived