BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Leeds

There's a letter to the league written by Bates clarifying his position. If I'm inclined to take his words at face value (which I'd be insane to do, but I'll take them at 1% of face value), he's saying that the only reason they are outside a CVA is due to the taxman. He claims that the taxman's claims and challenges are solely in an effort to make sure that the League rule of all football debts beign paid in full does not happen in this case, which of course would appear to be in violation of the high court's ruling in the 2003 Wimbeldon case.

Now if this is true, I'll have a bit more sympathy for Leeds, but not much. KMPG still messed up, Astor is still shady, and Bates still pulled out of a CVA against league rules instead of just dealing with the taxman within the appeal process of the CVA.

Still that Bates letter to the league makes for interesting reading...,.

http://www.leedsunited.com/page/NewsroomDe...1087222,00.html

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd trust Ken Bates about as much as I'd trust my cat to guard a tuna sandwich for me.

If he swallowed a nail he'd c**p a corkscrew.

I really feel sadness & sorrow for the true Leeds United fans, they support their club like we support ours and it must be heartbreaking for them to have to live through Bates' machinations, corporate legal deviations with off-shore owners pulling the strings to give him ownership.

HMR & C are doing the right thing to bring him to account for his actions.

The saga at Leeds United Football Club was quite funny for a while, but its all gone rotten now. It's a very very sad episode.

OK, football clubs like Scarborough & Newport & Bradford Park Avenue & Aldershot go to the wall every now and then, but the sheer financial incompetence of the Leeds United management over the past few years takes some beating. Risdale to Bates in one easy move.

Yup, I feel sorry for the Leeds fans. No doubt there is one of them that shares your name. He/she is just like you. Just thank Jack that it hasn't happened to us.

its kind of a shame for northern football...i know as lancastrians we shouldnt be expected to give a flyin DELETED about the yorkshire clubs or whoever else........but id rather go and see games against leeds, sheff weds, forest....etc (all big clubs in years gone by)....than have to got to fulham or charlton or southampton or reading......

I will personally buy all three of them a season ticket for Rovers and lay a car on for every game.....

My granddaughter would be delighted to take you up on that offer, Chesh. Luckily for you she's still a junior.................. :tu:

I was in Leeds in 79/80. Rovers in Div 3 and Leeds mid-table Div 1 but with the Revie years very fresh memories.

Looking back to what it felt like being a patronised, ridiculed, pitied Rovers supporter in the midst of the great uncouth, I am quietly happy to see the positions reversed. Even better a third division table that reads:

24 Leeds -15

That is one massive incentive for Morecambe and Accy to defy gravity another year and come 22nd or better in the bottom division.

My feeling is still one of open-mouthed incredulity rather than unbridled joy.

its kind of a shame for northern football...i know as lancastrians we shouldnt be expected to give a flyin DELETED about the yorkshire clubs or whoever else........but id rather go and see games against leeds, sheff weds, forest....etc (all big clubs in years gone by)....than have to got to fulham or charlton or southampton or reading......

Well I wouldn't. One of my favourite trips is Fulham ( and Southampton ). The great thing about football is that occasionally 'smaller' clubs can rise to the top division. There is a decreasing competitive element in the game now and it is to it's great detriment. Gone are the days of doing a Wimbledon. If some of the powers in this sport had their way size of club would be all that matters and Rovers would be halfway down the division below. Although tough on their supporters, the Leeds situation is a good thing for football as it serves a reminder the consequencies of getting into debt to keep up with the Jones.

If leeds get relegated they play morcambe and stanley next season

Assuming of course that Morcambe and Stanley don't get promoted this season. Not that it is very likely, but I would LOVE to see Stanley playing a division higher than Leeds Utd. :lol:

The saga at Leeds United Football Club was quite funny for a while, but its all gone rotten now. It's a very very sad episode.

No it isn't - it's still very funny . Be even funnier if they'd have gone out of business .

Horrible club , horrible history , horrible fans .

Archived