BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Leeds

The thing this is odd, is that the other clubs got to vote for or against Leeds' penalty in the appeal.

So lets see, if we represented Rvoers,a dn we were sitting at a meeting and the vote came up, all those in favor of penalizing Bolton 15 points, say aye." How many of us would vote to NOT penalize and opponent if there was even a hint of wrong doing. So in addition to beign able to play the "taxman and the league using us as a test case", they now can play teh "everyone hates us, we don't care" bit to its fullest.

Interestingly enough, some Leeds fans I know seem to have gotten a leaked list of clubs who voted NOT to penalize Leeds.... Makes for interesting reading, but I'm not sure I should post it here since its 1) leaked, 2) unofficial and 3) of uncertain crediility since its like 5th hand info at best at this point.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done Leeds today, 3 points away in a tricky fixture at Tranmere who have an excellent home record, with half a team.

25 points in total deducted, im sure they'd have taken a 5.5 million fine rather than 25 points off!

If it werent a media darling like West Ham, the punishment would have been far worse.

I see Publicity Pete Ridsdale is on the wrong end of a £30m law suit for a bunch of maladministration problems at Cardiff.

I wonder on what basis he was passed as fit and proper to run a football club after his track record at Leeds?

Ridsdale's legacy could well be all but wiping football out of two of Britain's ten largest cities.

• 4 weeks later...
The FA have excluded Leeds from membership but they can still participate in the FA Cup.

If they get to the final, they get no tickets!!!

Leeds not receiving any tickets for the final refers to the allocation that all clubs receive for that match. Were Leeds to reach the final there's no way that tickets would not be allocated to fans.

No it isn't - it's still very funny . Be even funnier if they'd have gone out of business .

Horrible club , horrible history , horrible fans .

I agree, i have never forgiven them for that shameful episode at Ewood after Matt Busby had died.That was very tasteless indeed.

Totally out of order and imo they deserve everything they get. :rover:

I agree, i have never forgiven them for that shameful episode at Ewood after Matt Busby had died.That was very tasteless indeed.

Totally out of order and imo they deserve everything they get. :rover:

Can you explain that a bit more?

Can you explain that a bit more?

When sir Matt died,the following sunday was a live sky game at 4pm between Leeds scum and Rovers at Ewood.Sir Matt was well respected in the game,so a minutes silence was held before the start of the game.

However during this minutes `silence` the Leeds scum totally ignored the minutes silence and started shouting about Don Revie and `we are leeds` thus bringing total shame on their fans and club.

Once the minute was up,Rovers fans rightly booed the Leeds fans and started chanting `scum`at them.

The FA have excluded Leeds from membership but they can still participate in the FA Cup.

If they get to the final, they get no tickets!!!

Surely this can't be right. My understanding is (unless the rules have changed since my day) that all professional teams (including part-timers) and all amateur teams playing in a any FA regulated league have to be members or affiliates of the FA. If the FA have excluded Leeds in the sense of expulsion, then Leeds Utd FC can no longer play any kind of football under the durisdiction of the FA, which obviously includes all divisions of the Football League. Would someone care to explain in a little more detail?

Leeds haven't proved that they have paid all their creditors in full. Hence they're not allowed to be full members of the FA.

That means they wont be allowed a vote on FA affairs - nor are they allowed their allocation of cup final tickets [i.e. the same allocation as Leyland Motors would be entitled to, or any other member of the FA, when they're not involved in the cup final as one of the two finalists].

When sir Matt died,the following sunday was a live sky game at 4pm between Leeds scum and Rovers at Ewood.Sir Matt was well respected in the game,so a minutes silence was held before the start of the game.

However during this minutes `silence` the Leeds scum totally ignored the minutes silence and started shouting about Don Revie and `we are leeds` thus bringing total shame on their fans and club.

Once the minute was up,Rovers fans rightly booed the Leeds fans and started chanting `scum`at them.

This was when we were stuck in one half of the Darwen End while the Blackburn End was being rebuilt. The Leeds lot also sang "Die Die Busby f*ckin die". That will live with me forever, and because of that l hope the club and their set of numb supporters suffer more miserey then any other club in any league, including the Dingles. Send them down and out of business, no guilt !!!

Surely this can't be right. My understanding is (unless the rules have changed since my day) that all professional teams (including part-timers) and all amateur teams playing in a any FA regulated league have to be members or affiliates of the FA. If the FA have excluded Leeds in the sense of expulsion, then Leeds Utd FC can no longer play any kind of football under the durisdiction of the FA, which obviously includes all divisions of the Football League. Would someone care to explain in a little more detail?

They seem to be a bit like scums of the earth....

I have loathed Leeds U. ever since the early 60's when under Don Revie they became the first to introduce the "new football". Which basically meant abandoning all ideas of going on the pitch to "win the match", but rather "not to lose it". Then, and only then the idea was to get a win if the opportunity presented itself. To do this Revie experimented with various formations and eventually settled on the way all teams play now. Defence first, and attack as and when you can. The vast majority of you will see nothing wrong in this as that is all you have ever known, but to people of my generation it can get a tad boring, compared to the flat out attacking football we were brought up with. Then the objective was for both teams to score as many goals as possible and defend to a reasonable extent but primarily get into their box and score more than they do.

The game was played much more down the wings then than now, using two very skilful and tricky wingers that could show a defender the ball then in a trice turn him inside out and they were past him and delivering an accurate cross onto the head of the CF or alternativevly cutting the ball back in to oncoming inside forwards who were very good at passing, shooting, and beating a defender as well. The CF was usually just a big target man, but there were quite a few exceptions to this generalism; Tom Finney being one outstanding example when he played CF for Preston in his later years.

The problem was that Leeds who were universally hated by the fans of all other clubs for their sleep inducing boring approach, actually made it work and lost very few matches and often were able to sneak a 1-0 win. Unfortunately this eventually led to them winning the First Div and from there on it became "fashionable" as the media drooled over it and other clubs managers took a view of "if you can't beat them; join them" Much to the detriment of entertaining football. But all that is now history and we are well stuck with it.

I have loathed Leeds U. ever since the early 60's when under Don Revie they became the first to introduce the "new football". Which basically meant abandoning all ideas of going on the pitch to "win the match", but rather "not to lose it". Then, and only then the idea was to get a win if the opportunity presented itself. To do this Revie experimented with various formations and eventually settled on the way all teams play now. Defence first, and attack as and when you can. The vast majority of you will see nothing wrong in this as that is all you have ever known, but to people of my generation it can get a tad boring, compared to the flat out attacking football we were brought up with. Then the objective was for both teams to score as many goals as possible and defend to a reasonable extent but primarily get into their box and score more than they do.

The game was played much more down the wings then than now, using two very skilful and tricky wingers that could show a defender the ball then in a trice turn him inside out and they were past him and delivering an accurate cross onto the head of the CF or alternativevly cutting the ball back in to oncoming inside forwards who were very good at passing, shooting, and beating a defender as well. The CF was usually just a big target man, but there were quite a few exceptions to this generalism; Tom Finney being one outstanding example when he played CF for Preston in his later years.

The problem was that Leeds who were universally hated by the fans of all other clubs for their sleep inducing boring approach, actually made it work and lost very few matches and often were able to sneak a 1-0 win. Unfortunately this eventually led to them winning the First Div and from there on it became "fashionable" as the media drooled over it and other clubs managers took a view of "if you can't beat them; join them" Much to the detriment of entertaining football. But all that is now history and we are well stuck with it.

I liked em as a team. Damned good players imo and any team that could invade the usual monied big club cartel (as we in fact did) should be applauded not castigated. When Revie started they were bottom of the 2nd Div. Nobody could watch their ability to keep the ball for the final quarter of games without admiring their skill and work ethic. If a team can retain possession it means the other team cannot score, and it usually requires greater collective team work rate that actually getting it in the first place. It's something that we are absolutely hopeless at btw. Sparky should sit our lot down and show them clips from the LUFC of that era. I best remember the fantastic exhibitionist passing against a dispirited and beaten Southampton. If it had been a boxing match it would have been stopped.

btw Fife ... Bit anoraky this but I've just run quick check and in the 6 seasons following our promotion to the Prem (discounting the relegation season) and despite the best efforts of Mr Shearer our 'goals for' was decidedly inferior to that of LUFC over the corresponding 6 years following their promotion.

• 8 months later...

Archived