BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ressies Tonight - Strong Squad

ROVERS: Fielding, Kane, Khizanishvili, Nolan, Olsson, Judge, O'Keefe, R. Griffiths, Peter, Jeffers, Gallagher.

Subs: Pezzoni, Arestidou, Hodge, Winnard, Haworth, De Vita.

At Bamber Bridge FC, 7.30pm kick off.

ROVERS: Fielding, Kane, Khizanishvili, Nolan, Olsson, Judge, O'Keefe, R. Griffiths, Peter, Jeffers, Gallagher.

Subs: Pezzoni, Arestidou, Hodge, Winnard, Haworth, De Vita.

At Bamber Bridge FC, 7.30pm kick off.

Can someone remind me why we gave Gallagher a new contract?

Good question!

I think it would have been best all round if he'd have signed on at Stoke, or another lower league club.

Not good enough for the premiership i'm afraid and I doubt we will see much of him this season.

It's a shame really because we all like to see the local lads come through the ranks.

There are a few players less deserving of new contracts. Gally is a risk and we'll see how it turns out, but Hughes(& staff) have faith in him and i hope he can prove the doubters wrong.

There are a few players less deserving of new contracts. Gally is a risk and we'll see how it turns out, but Hughes(& staff) have faith in him and i hope he can prove the doubters wrong.

The fact he didn't make the vetra squad, derbyshire is now getting run outs on the right wing and that we are looking to bring in another striker means things a looking bad for him.

I've questioned two of Hughesy's contract extensions(Mokoena and Bentley) and both came back as resounding successes (Mokoena less so, but still he's worth something now), so I'll not slate this one.

It does seema bit curious, though, I will admit.

I don't mean to turn this into the Gally Thread, but out of sheer curiosity, is everyone satisfied with the amount of playing time he's gotten in order to determine his worth? For example do people see him as given adequate time to prove himself and not doing anything with it or do people think he's not been given a fair shot?

I've questioned two of Hughesy's contract extensions(Mokoena and Bentley) and both came back as resounding successes (Mokoena less so, but still he's worth something now), so I'll not slate this one.

It does seema bit curious, though, I will admit.

I don't mean to turn this into the Gally Thread, but out of sheer curiosity, is everyone satisfied with the amount of playing time he's gotten in order to determine his worth? For example do people see him as given adequate time to prove himself and not doing anything with it or do people think he's not been given a fair shot?

gally has loads of players in front of him......its a shame coz i for one like the lad....hey hes a local player......but but to expect him to start infront of players like roberts or derbyshire is silly.........i remember a thread saying he is a player who people think could turn out to be better player as he really matures.....we will see........

Have to say, I thought Gally looked superb tonight - never stopped running all night, worked both wings well, seemed to have been given a bit of a free role and his volleyed goal for the last kick of the game was just pure class. Maybe it's performances like this that makes Hughes reluctant to let him go.

Gally has got loads of talent. He really has! His trouble is that he does not use it even when he is given a chance to shine. It is just as if he cant be bothered. I strongly suspect that it is probably due to the lifestyle he leads away from football, although not living anywhere near to Blackburn or its environs I have absolutely no evidence to prove the point one way or the other. It is just something I feel; he just does not give me the impression of a young professional footballer with something to prove and a burning desire to do so. This is a real shame and a dreadful waste of talent.

Let me explain,

The gulf between the Prem and the rest of the World is widening

Paying Gally and his ilk £500K a year is small change for Rovers but payroll busting for Stoke, Ipswich et al.

They might come good and they are cover if we break five metatarsals in one game and, also ... .

We get our money back in transfer fees and sell-ons if we part company next summer

No brainer to give them an extension

Unfortunately Premiership football has moved miles beyond the comprehension of

5v0

Jeffers got a couple as did Gallagher. The no.7 also had a great game and got a thouroughly deserved goal (sorry don't know his name).

It was 4-0

Gallagher's first an absolute screamer into the net in the first half, Jeffers, Judge, Gally then scoring in the second half.

Rovers completely dominated Bamber Bridge, whose resolute defending (and Franny Jeffers' inability to hit a cows arse with a banjo) stopped it being a rout. Rovers camped in the Bamber Bridge half for most of the match, with the difference in fitness really showing towards the end of the match - with two goals in the last few minutes cementing the victory.

Most of the Rovers players were just going through the motions - the only players to excel were Paul Gallagher and Allan Judge - the latter really putting in some good runs, and only a superb save stopped him getting another goal.

Gally stood out above the rest, without seeming to really try.

It was 4-0

Gallagher's first an absolute screamer into the net in the first half, Jeffers, Judge, Gally then scoring in the second half.

Rovers completely dominated Bamber Bridge, whose resolute defending (and Franny Jeffers' inability to hit a cows arse with a banjo) stopped it being a rout. Rovers camped in the Bamber Bridge half for most of the match, with the difference in fitness really showing towards the end of the match - with two goals in the last few minutes cementing the victory.

Most of the Rovers players were just going through the motions - the only players to excel were Paul Gallagher and Allan Judge - the latter really putting in some good runs, and only a superb save stopped him getting another goal.

Gally stood out above the rest, without seeming to really try.

I really love the energy Judge brings to the table. he's a fiery lad and he gets stuck in at every chance. However, he is quite small and I know he's still got a few years to fill out, but will he ever come good being that slight? I'd love to see him a Rover in the years to come, I just don't know if his physique will allow it...

I really love the energy Judge brings to the table. he's a fiery lad and he gets stuck in at every chance. However, he is quite small and I know he's still got a few years to fill out, but will he ever come good being that slight? I'd love to see him a Rover in the years to come, I just don't know if his physique will allow it...

Is he like Lennon then in stature? I am not being funny would just like to know if he has the same playing style?

Zola wasn't very big either but turned out pretty well. Another rather prominent footballer, Diego Armando Maradona, was of a similar height. And as you say, Lennon isn't very big either.

So perhaps it is a limiting factor, but talent can make up for a lot of it.

Zola wasn't very big either but turned out pretty well. Another rather prominent footballer, Diego Armando Maradona, was of a similar height. And as you say, Lennon isn't very big either.

I always like small wingers as the low centre of gravity throws big defenders for loops.

And if Judge had the technical abilities of Zola (the original muppet) or Maradona I'd not even question his height. But I do understand your point..you're height only limits you if you let it.

With Judge he's almost Savage-like in that he's a harrier and likes to get stuck in at every possible moment. I don't know if anyone remembers the Norwegian Erik(?)Mykland, but he reminds me of him. I just hope he makes it because I absolutely love his style of play.

As for his position, I never saw him as a true stereotypical winger like Gamst or Bentley, but more of a central midfielder. However he seems to do his best work on the wings when he has a sideline to help as a second defender. And really. I'm using three games played two years ago as a basis for my "analysis" so take that for what it's worth...

Rovers' reserves have just finished playing against my home-town team, Barrow AFC. Unfortunately I was at work so I couldn't go, which I'm not happy about at all because I doubt the two teams coming together will ever happen again.

Anyway, I don't know the score yet but I'll give some more information when I can. The only thing I know is that Joe Garner was instructed to be substituted by the referee, and the whole match was apparently not-so friendly. However, that could be more down to Barrow than Rovers, we are the only team in the history of English football to have a player jailed for an on-the-pitch offence after the 1st round of the F.A Cup last season against Bristol Rovers.

I'll post more when I find it out.

Archived