BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Douglas - Any Good

Hi again

There are persistent rumours we are going to sign Jonathon Douglas from Leeds.

Heard mixed reviews on him, what was the take on him amongst Blackburn fans? We need a foot in ball winner, could he do a decent job at championship level?

Any genuine opinions gratefully received.

To be fair he was always pretty average for us - hardworking and honest but lacked the technique to fill a midfield that has seen the likes of Batty, Sherwood, Dunn, Flitcroft, Berkovic, Tugay etc. I always thought he would make a average-to-good Championship midfielder and I'd like to wish him all the best as by all accounts he was a true professional whilst with the club and never spat his dummy out when in the reserves for months/years at a time!

Obviously if joins the Dingles he can go fornicate with himself.

I think he could be a decent signing for you. He came into the Rovers team when we were close to going down under Souness and he played a role in keeping us up. I think he looked quite good when we won away at Fulham 4-1 and got a goal?

I think he could be a decent signing for you. He came into the Rovers team when we were close to going down under Souness and he played a role in keeping us up. I think he looked quite good when we won away at Fulham 4-1 and got a goal?

He did score in that one yip ... but it was 4-3 from what I remember with Stead (2) and Amoruso the other scorers.

I rated Douglas as a hard working holding midfielder but he never got the chance to show that regularly at Rovers as Souness played him wide left most of the time.

A Leeds fan friend of mine was raving about him at the end of the 05/06 season when leeds made the playoff final - I think he earned a few MOM awards towards the end of that season ... had a stinker in the playoff final though from what I remember.

I think he'll be solid for you.

He did score in that one yip ... but it was 4-3 from what I remember with Stead (2) and Amoruso the other scorers.

If you're going to correct him, Cole got the first goal. Stead only scored the winner. Absolutely amazing game to be at - one of my very favourites.

If Aaron Mokoena, Titus Bramble and Djimi Traore can play in the Premiership, so can Jon Douglas. And if Nigel Quashie is a multi-million player, Burnley can expect to pay a large six-figure sum for Jon Douglas, hero of the Amoruso, Stead, Andresen, Right Wing Flitcroft, Souey losing the plot era.

Just tell him to stop gallivanting forward - it only highlights his deficiencies (a bit like Mr Robbie Savage). Few could be wiser than Aaron Mokoena. He knows he's got the technique of a strait-jacketed lumberjack, so he loiters in front of the defence, making 5 yard passes and slide tackles and people call him the new Makelele. :rolleyes:

If you're going to correct him, Cole got the first goal. Stead only scored the winner. Absolutely amazing game to be at - one of my very favourites.

We needed to win that one to stave off relegation - I remember frantically rumaging around a newspaper stand in the hotel I was staying at in jamaica trying to find a british paper that would contain the score.. I remember reading 'Fulham 3' and thinking 'balls ... they've beat us' before reading ' - 4 Blackburn'.

Such joy!!

It was the last day of a great holiday and it made the two flight nightmare journery home a doddle :rover:

Leeds fans grew to hate him in their relegation campaign last season- Occasionally "ex-Blackburn" on the news feeds would dump his latest misadventure onto my screen associated with a heap of swear words and abuse.

Was never good enough for a decent Premiership team but I thought he would develop into a thoroughly effective midfield utility player at Championship level.

Not a midfield general though.

To be fair he was always pretty average for us - hardworking and honest but lacked the technique to fill a midfield that has seen the likes of Batty, Sherwood, Dunn, Flitcroft, Berkovic, Tugay etc. I always thought he would make a average-to-good Championship midfielder and I'd like to wish him all the best as by all accounts he was a true professional whilst with the club and never spat his dummy out when in the reserves for months/years at a time!

Obviously if joins the Dingles he can go fornicate with himself.

IHB, I always forget that berkovic played for us, quality player but for some reason I always forget him

Archived