SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fifa 2008

Guest Kamy100

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Finaly got round to finishing my first season - and found it a bit strange. I thought the - end of season ending didnt do my hard work justice after having won the cup and league (I wont say exactly what it is for those that havent got there yet)

Another weird thing was that I had the most clean sheets and top goal scorers however, not one of my players got in the team of the year?

Now its time to start again - I guess Rovers are in the Champs League this time though which should be fun.

I played this on my mates new xbox 360 the other day. I found the rovers team to not meet the standard of others in similar positions in real life which was a slight disappointment. Having said that it is a great improvement in the match engine since the last version i played.

I played around 7 games, only winning one and that ironically against the best player. The controls are a bit to touchy for my liking and players respond to your last button press no matter how long before you pressed it.

Anyone got this game on the Wii? My copy should be here shortly and it's going to be interesting to see how the Wii gameplay differs from the other consoles. I know you have to actually replicate a throw in motion to perform that move. Wouldn't it be great if they created a Wii remote boot for it!!!! Nothing better than hitting a 30 yard screamer in the comfort of your own home now is there?

Modes:

My tips would be to:

Change the team tactics to 'attacking', defensive line to 'deep', and make your players mark in 'own half'. This will stop players like Messi from creeping past your RB and seems to make your midfielders run around more.

Also, make use of the 1-2 pass with a CM and a forward. The CM will burst forward and make space.

When online make loads of passes until the other player gets annoyed and starts losing his positioning. The low cross works well with MGP to Benni :brfc:

Can we play in Be a Pro Mode?

As far as I am aware, yes - set 'Be A Pro' to your default camera setting...

Do I have to let Kamy and Wolverine beat me to get it back like it was?

Errrr, yeah! ;):D

PS - can anyone admit to being as sad as me by getting about half the soundtrack for my own collection. I couldn't resist the madness track!

PS - can anyone admit to being as sad as me by getting about half the soundtrack for my own collection. I couldn't resist the madness track!

I admit that on previous versions that I have never heard of a band that was on it and liked the tunes so much that I have bought their album. Might just be me but the tunes sound really quiet on this one (I do have music turned right up)

Archived