BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fifa 2008

Guest Kamy100

The FIFA 08 update is out.

You can now play 5v5 online which is an absolute blast. Also the offline gameplay is now much more responsive now which is excellent.

Cheers for this. I had a feeling that this was going to be traded for COD4 tomorrow but now it may be kept.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Played three games of Be a Pro online last night and got Man of the Match twice! Frantic playing - a bit laggy but fun!

How did you get it to update and can you only play Be A Pro Online once you have the update?

I looked last night but couldnt find how :unsure:

Keep at it mate - it is awesome! I thought we could all get together and play members of another forum or something...

Yep, on most nights from 7:30 till about 10. When I came on last night I was going to play COD but saw that you were having a game of fifa but couldnt find you so signed out again.

Will keep an eye out

So Father Christmas can get Rog either FIFA 2008 or PES 2008 for the XBOX 360 for christmas.

I have FIFA 2007 for the 360 which I love, should I get the big man to bring me FIFA 2008 or PES 2008?

I don't have internet facilities for the 360 so not bothered about the online gaming or anything like that just general fun and gameplay.

FIFA or PES?

I agree! Quite an eye opener to be yelling at your team-mates because they can't pass won't pass, or think it's a good idea to take a short free kick and muck about for a bit, invariably giving away the ball in the process!

Since updating the game, I have done nothing else but play the 5 v 5 online mode! Quite simply, brilliant!

So Father Christmas can get Rog either FIFA 2008 or PES 2008 for the XBOX 360 for christmas.

I have FIFA 2007 for the 360 which I love, should I get the big man to bring me FIFA 2008 or PES 2008?

I don't have internet facilities for the 360 so not bothered about the online gaming or anything like that just general fun and gameplay.

FIFA or PES?

Its a shame you cant play the demo for each rog because what one person likes this year the other doesn't. Its like the choice of marmite or not.

Seriously, I wouldn't want to sway your decision either way. Is there no 360 mag you could pick up with the demo's on as you can not download them?

Guest Kamy100

Sorry to hear that you are having problems downloading the update.

I asked someone at EA and they replied:

"You will need to enable automatically download updates in the PS3 settings".

I don't know how to do this but it'll be there somewhere!!

Hope that helps.

Sorry to hear that you are having problems downloading the update.

I asked someone at EA and they replied:

"You will need to enable automatically download updates in the PS3 settings".

I don't know how to do this but it'll be there somewhere!!

Hope that helps.

Yes, its already set to do that. I too have opened a thread on the ea forum and was told pretty much the same thing. Like I say, the auto updates for the teams and whatnot always pop up so I thought this should too. (the auto update is just in the settings too)

Will have another scout tonight anyway

Cheers for looking though

• 1 month later...
Just got back from shopping.And treated maself to fifa 08 on 360.For the first time ever Fifa is the one to go with.....Funny how fifa and pro evo have swapped roles.With fifa being the simulation and pro evo being the arcade game.

Play it in Be a Pro mode and then try playing a normal game again - its very hard too

Be a Pro will hopefully be included with future editions.

Im still on 07 lol,

goin to get 08 soon but how come when you go online your opponent is always Arsenal , Man utd or Barcelona ???

proper annoying it is... :angry:

Yeah I know. Problem is though that if you go someone like rovers they cant do the tricks and are slow. They should make all of the teams the same when you go online.

Archived