BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fifa 2008

Guest Kamy100

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It still isn't clear to me if you can create a player and take him through his career in this mode or if it is just for existing players, can you?

Yeah, we could make Matt Jansen again and watch him win the world cup with England

Guest Kamy100

Another cool feature on the next gen versions is the ability to setup an online league, this could prove to a huge feature and hopefully if enough of us buy it on this messageboard then we can set this up.

Another cool feature on the next gen versions is the ability to setup an online league, this could prove to a huge feature and hopefully if enough of us buy it on this messageboard then we can set this up.

I will be up for that. Its already on Pre order from Play :)

Cant wait for this, i have had to put up with the crappy Fifa 07 xbox360 version for a year now and its very poor. Usually it takes me about a year to get bored of it. but with 2007 it hardly any leagues, always crashed and freezed at bits and just generally not at all next gen looking

Althought this looks promising!

• 2 weeks later...

Just played the Fifa Demo

Just logged onto Play and canceled the order for it

I was soo looking forward to this be am very disappointed.

1. The Graphics didn't blow me away

2. The player models aren't that great - like they were making out

3. As said, it seems very slow - they seem to have made to much of the excellent build up play that PES has but not managed to pull it off

4. I was very intrigued about the 'Be a Pro' mode but this just seems like a tacked on gimmick.

5. The controls don't feel right at all

I know that its only a demo and not the finished game but I don't think there will be too much different in the finished version. It just doesn't feel like the 'Next Gen' footy that I was expecting (suppose the promise of blades of grass and beads of sweat had me all a flutter)

Please Please PES people get yours right or I will be sticking with the PS2 version.

Mate give it a chance, I have been playing the demo loads over the last couple of days and it is superb.

It is completely different way of playing to PES, you have got to be patient and build up the play, I have found that it is very intuitive and the shooting is spot on. Agree that the player models are awful.

Mate give it a chance, I have been playing the demo loads over the last couple of days and it is superb.

It is completely different way of playing to PES, you have got to be patient and build up the play, I have found that it is very intuitive and the shooting is spot on. Agree that the player models are awful.

Yeah I know what you mean about giving something a go. I have been playing for the past hour now. The only camera that you can see anything on is the Tele one. Change that and its awful (the end to end one looks like the wii)

I will play it more but I dont think its going to grow on me :(

Yeah I know what you mean about giving something a go. I have been playing for the past hour now. The only camera that you can see anything on is the Tele one. Change that and its awful (the end to end one looks like the wii)

I will play it more but I dont think its going to grow on me :(

Why doesnt this supprise me... i too have been looking forward to it, ( i havent played the demo yet) but im really giving up on the idea that a 'NEXT GEN' football game is every gonna come onto the 360. Last year without a doubt the ps2 version was better, better leagues more teams etc.. how does that figure, the 360 version should exceed it.

So why when we have games like Bioshock do we still have to settle for this crap? i hope they add more to this game because i thought that last years camera angles were awful, you could only see the pitch and couldnt see any of the stadium. Please tell me they have added the good old 'Broadcast' camera to the demo that was on all the older versions?

Lets hope Halo 3 is good at least.

:ph34r: I have to eat my words a little bit here. The game has grown on me, the more I played it the more I wanted to play just one more half match on the demo. Still think there is a lack of speed but you can see the difference when somebody like Cisse gets on the ball. The problem is that most of my mates buy pro-evo year after year which I think is quite easy to master or pick up as a beginner. However with FIFA I think you need to practice and play the game a lot before you can be any good at it. Pro-evo's perfect to play with the lads, FIFA perfect to play on your own or online but not a game to invite the lads round (with a few beers IMO) :ph34r:

Ok well I've had the demo for a day now, I downloaded it last night, and I'm still on the fence. I know its the demo so things are still going to be tweaked, and its my first time playing with xbox or 360; I've only ever played on PS2. I find myself enjoying the loading game then the game itself, especially once I learned how to use the Xbox's trick stick

Ok well I've had the demo for a day now, I downloaded it last night, and I'm still on the fence. I know its the demo so things are still going to be tweaked, and its my first time playing with xbox or 360; I've only ever played on PS2. I find myself enjoying the loading game then the game itself, especially once I learned how to use the Xbox's trick stick

To point out that that loading screen is like the Be a Pro mode in the main game where you only control the one player all game - so in a way its the main game too

Archived