BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Uefa Cup First Round Draw

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those who took the p*** when myself, Paul Astley and 3 others got in 8 hours after we were due to because our outgoing plane was cancelled (and we missed our connection.)..

We've got 350 Euros each compensation, plus any reciepted expenses ;)

We beat them at home-it was the away game that was the problem.

Indeed. Everton only went one goal better than us, which can easily come from luck alone. They also weren't under pressure to come forward looking to reduce a deficit.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest fernhurstblue

speaking of the mighty AE Larissa, they got beat again in the uefa ..... they must have beat a right shower of @#/? to get to the group stage ;)

Well done Bolton at the moment. Munich took off Ribery and Podiski when they were only at 2-1 and in control of the game - with everything going through those two players - I just thought they were being cheeky and good on Bolton for sticking it back at em.

good result for bolton who played an understrength side but like cocker says it was a big mistake by bayern to take off their two best players. Kevin DAVIES!! first european goal, is it eight years since he made his euro debut with us?

Well done Bolton at the moment. Munich took off Ribery and Podiski when they were only at 2-1 and in control of the game - with everything going through those two players - I just thought they were being cheeky and good on Bolton for sticking it back at em.

As far as I'm concerned, never, EVER well done Bolton, or good on Bolton.

As far as I'm concerned, never, EVER well done Bolton, or good on Bolton.

Whatever you think of Bolton you can't hide the fact that it's a very very good result. In the first half there wasn't that much in it.

Personally I was quite glad when they equalised. If that had been Spurs it would have been front and back page of every newspaper tommorow.

How about fair play Bolton?

Excellent result and well done Kevin Davies! Not the most popular guy to Rovers fans but he was excellent today and really showed what a handful he is to defenders.

How about screw Bolton I hope they get murdered in the rest of their UEFA Cup games, knocked out of the FA Cup by some complete minnows, and relegated without winning a single game for the rest of the season, including two 500-0 defeats to us along the way? :D

Sure it's good for them. That's exactly why I'm not happy about it. I was hoping they would lose heftily.

How about screw Bolton I hope they get murdered in the rest of their UEFA Cup games, knocked out of the FA Cup by some complete minnows, and relegated without winning a single game for the rest of the season, including two 500-0 defeats to us along the way? :D

Sure it's good for them. That's exactly why I'm not happy about it. I was hoping they would lose heftily.

the uefa cup will be boltons downfall, they have a very small squad, that lacks in quality, they have two decent forwards, we have 4 or 5 decent prem strikers

thats why we are better and will be better off without europe, if we had uefa we would struggle a lot inthe league, the one thing that uefa defeat gave us was a shot at the champs league spots...

Small wonder that Wenger was so keen on signing him after his performances in the world cup.

Totally overrated player. He's got pace, but lacks quality with his passing. He'll have games where he destroy sides when things work for him, but on a regular basis he won't be anything special.

Totally overrated player. He's got pace, but lacks quality with his passing. He'll have games where he destroy sides when things work for him, but on a regular basis he won't be anything special.

When I watched him play for France (and this is for those who can rem) he reminded me of Liverpool's Craig Johnstone. Not the most technically gifted player, or the fastest but one who will patrol the entire right hand side for 90 mins without tiring, will always provide an outlet for team mates, hold the ball up well, carry it into dangerous areas and get crosses in. I guess Wenger viewed him a Freddie Llundberg replacement.

Archived