BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Uefa Cup First Round Draw

Im glad we lost last night as I feel we can overcome it. Although 2-1 would of been better!

I think our players were becoming abit too wrapped up in all the hype of being a good team, and they were believing too much in their ability, rather than proving it on the pitch! They always say you should let your displays do all the talking, not your mouth!!

Hopefully it will work as a kick up the arse for some and hoepfully it will also mean a backlash against Pompey. Id rather we lost a 1st leg of a cup than 3 points in the league to a rival.

We will turn them over at ewood 4-0.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the pitch was critical last night. It stopped Rovers from controlling the pace of the game, we usually pass the ball around the back and up the wings to Ped/Bents but this wasn't possible. This made us lose our shape and in the end play very badly.

Their team on the other hand are obviously used to playing on bumpy surfaces so looked far superior to us. I think down at Ewood on a good pitch we have the skill to win (at least) 2-0.

PS I can nominate a few games I went to in the '70s and '80s as far worse performances than last night. But as far as unexpected capitulations go, last night is up there with Rovers 0 Brentford 2, Rovers 1 Stockport 3 and so on.

I can't remember any quite as bad as last night.

It wasn't just the score (which could have been 5 or 6), it was the fact that for spells during the game, we looked no better than a pub team.

Im glad we lost last night as I feel we can overcome it. Although 2-1 would of been better!

We will turn them over at ewood 4-0.

I always marvel at your extraordinary optimism - it's a breath of fresh air on here sometimes!!

Although I'm convinced you can't be from East Lancashire - did you stow away on a boat from the West Indies or summat?!

On another note, one thing that never fails to amaze me is the reaction of some people on this board. FFS, we lose one game away at some dodgy place in Greece and all hell breaks loose. One defeat in 15, and you'd think we'd not won in 15 by some of the reactions on here. Honestly, some people really do need to get a grip. Think about the bigger picture before you react! Perfomance was poor, first one for a while, move on to the next game end of. Some people are only happy when they're moaning. :ph34r:

To be fair Brian this thread is for the Larissa match only and on that performance then hell should break loose. However I don't think many people are saying we've got fundemental problems in general except for the Benni issue which already had a long thread regardless of last night. I'm pretty sure most people are still quite happy with Rovers-Life at the moment.

2-1 would have been better last night and given us an hedge and an away goal for the return leg.

I worry that we are going to try too hard to score, and lets face it the goals seem to be drying up , and this will allow them to hit us on the break.

Come on you blues...lets see your character on Sunday with a thumping of Prtsmouth

I can't remember any quite as bad as last night.

It wasn't just the score (which could have been 5 or 6), it was the fact that for spells during the game, we looked no better than a pub team.

Shrewsbury 7 Rovers 1

There were some stinkers at the end of Bobby Saxton's time. Rovers 0 Oldham 0 one Easter still resonates with me as the worst game of football I have ever suffered through.

Shrewsbury 7 Rovers 1

There were some stinkers at the end of Bobby Saxton's time. Rovers 0 Oldham 0 one Easter still resonates with me as the worst game of football I have ever suffered through.

LC 2 2nd leg home to Wimbledon, 5-0 down after first leg under Saxton. Lashed down the whole game. Worst ever Ewood crowd if I remember. Now that was bad.

:brfc:

Actually we played well the day we went down 6-0 at City! Well, as well as you can when shipping 6.

Ooijer was quite effective yesterday and made a brilliant goal-saving intervention in the seven minutes he had at Chelsea. So long as he is playing alongside a quick partner in central defence, he is a very high quality player.

Having had time to think about it, last night might be good for us.

We were due a bad performance and id rather it was last night rather than against pompey (fingers crossed we'll be better!!). At least we still have the chance to turn it around.

Will be interesting to see what the attendance is for the return leg!

GMP gave us a hiding on the Kippax too.

:brfc:

I KNOW....I had passed interviews and was due to goto brum (i think) as a trainee/cadet police and after the police did what they did i never went as i didnt want to be associted with the police after what they did that day,my folks wernt happy at my decision .

Why didn't we get out wide and put crosses in? We have plenty that can head a ball and two of the best crossers around. Madness.

I can't believe we're on the verge of going out before the group stage. Extremely disappointing.

:rover: in the premiership this season we have played well,in europe we have been at best dodgy especially away,all outfield players were appalling no one better or worse than the other,hughes would have told them so,i expect the team to bounce back on sunday.

KEEP THE FAITH:brfc:

You obviously speak good enough English that you know what you sound like when you say "gifts" and "have a nice time".

I still think we'll beat you in the second leg and go through. Friedel kept us in it, one more goal and we would have been out, but if we get a goal early in the second leg then I think it will be fairly comfortable.

My friend i didn't mean anything bad. I meant what exactly we wanted to be happened. And if you don't believe you can ask your mates who came at Panthessaliko.

Anyway. Chances are still 50-50 for the rematch, of course. But we love to be the underdog... We always be and we always overturn the odds. The time will tell.

Any photos and videos from our stand? If you have please upload. Thank you lads.

Archived