BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Uefa Cup First Round Draw

Come on you Dunny lovers justify that performance, centre of midfield might as well have played Ooijer in that position such was the lack ...the complete lack of influence,... authority,.... creativity,...end product.

It took Bentley until twenty minutes from the end to have or to do something in the centre of midfield, for seventy minutes what were the other two doing in fact make that ninety munutes plus ?

Get off your ridiculous crusade.

Dunn's been MoM twice this season and been one of the top performers in most of the other games.

Only Brad & Nelsen played anything like they are capable of today.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We all knew sooner or later we'd have a bad game - but Jesus that really was poor.

Benni needs sorting out. Why did he not put Roberts on? I could see it, the commentators could see it, everybody could see it - the game was crying out for him.

2nd leg is very tricky now. We can score 2 but keeping a clean sheet will be difficult. Even Vetra and MyPa should have scored at Ewood.

Perhaps, the only consolation is that is brings us all back down to earth.

How high should we be kicking the ball to Santa Cruz when hes in the middle of the field marked by an opponent, its lazy, lazy pass the buck play from some of our players?

Santa Cruz aint going to score many goals playing like that with that kind of service is he unless hes superman.

Hughes needs to shelve his conservatism and drop Gamst and McCarthy. Not sure if Sergio Peter is fit, if yes, bring him in. If not, Warnock left mid, Olsson left back - risky but it's time Gamst'n got a metaphoric kick up the backside.

Well done Larissa and Donis. They deserve massive credit for overturning our lot.

Hughes cannot, even if Nelsen and Samba are fit for the next game, leave Zurab out of the 16 man squad. The guy is better than Ooijer and imo could do a better job than Mokoena in central midfield too.

That has to be the end of Pedersen for the time being. Even his free-kicks are dreadful now.

And we are now seeing why we needed a centre midfielder last summer.

IMO we should play narrow with 3 centre midfielfers (The Axe??) and Bentley behind the front 2 until we work out what we are doing.

Thank god David James is at Ewood on Sunday....

That was the most shocking, inept, awful, dispirited, pathetic, useless, doleful, poor, crass, abysmal, mundane, hapless, hopeless performance I've seen from a Rovers team for a long, long time.

And that is without reference to a thesaurus. They were rank bad.

Don't blame the long grass on the ploughfield of a pitch. Or the high temperature.

A bunch of overpaid primadonnas who are supposed to be "la creme de la creme" should be able to play on any surface.

I cannot pick out any Rovers player who played well nor can I single out the worst, although Warnock came pretty close.

Nay, it must be McCarthy who did bog-all apart from rescue the defence once.

I think Larissa are an extremely better side than the English pundits make out , or is it that Rovers as a team just failed to turn up on the day.

I'm seething, and very down.

This is great , just spent 20 minutes replying on the game thread to be told at the end when I came to post that the thread is locked- you've got to laugh haven't you ! Here I go again , For the lucky ones who didn't actually see the game just think Glencirbigli away, that's how bad we were, you could see we didn't fancy the pitch in the first 5 minutes, inspite of that we continued to play tip-tap close football whilst our opponents kept it simple moved the ball around and made us look 2nd rate, we were taking passes stood still, they were taking the ball on the run and winning all the 50/50 balls, I don't think we won one contested tackle all night , that was the difference, I knew we were in for a bad day 5 minutes into the game.

During the first half we had 4 set pieces in good crossing positions, you could see they were worried about us by the amount of hanging on they were doing, what do we do with all 4 attempts- that's right miss out all the pack in the penalty box and blast the ball straight down the goalies throat !

Dunny should have gone for that bouncing ball in mid-field that led to their 1st goal, it would have been feet up and a free kick to them but I doubt wether it would have led to a goal. As for the second !!!!!!!! What was going on in Emerton's mind ? he effectively passed to where he should have been himself 20 yards back.

I thought at half time Hughesy would blast them and things would improve but we just carried on in the same old lazy way and but for one half chance that Santa Cruz spurned we never looked like scoring. If the truth is told but for Brad it could have been 4-0 at the end, so at 2-0 we are down but not exactly out, we'll have to perform a hell of a lot better at Ewood to go through though, I would say they have their noses in front at the moment.

I feel gutted for the poor sods who actually made the journey, as for the players, if I was Hughesy I'd make them walk it home !

Scores

Freidel 6, kept us in the tie.

The rest of the wasters 3.

Santa Cruz 6 ,at least he looked like he wanted to be there !

Nay, it must be McCarthy who did bog-all apart from rescue the defence once.

If thats when the guy got to the touchline in the inside left channel and pulled it back I'll think you'll find it was Benni's ridiculous challenge that tried to play the man instead of the ball that sent them clear that time.

PLEASE READ MY POSTS OR i WON'T BOTHER IN FUTURE!

Average championship side at best, at burnleys level which puts things into perspective.

Absolutely shocking display and they should forfeit their wages and compensate the 200 fans that traveled.

Only Brad came out with any credit and Benni Mc should be put in the reserves until his attitude improves.

DISGUSTING

:D

Bentley - An off day given no help by Emerton, got booked when he dived. 4

Bentley didn't dive trying to get a penalty, he went to ground (unecessarily probably) but was simply appealing for a corner kick as he did so. Difficult to see how the ref can book anyone for merely claiming for a corner but this one did.

PLEASE READ MY POSTS OR i WON'T BOTHER IN FUTURE!

Average championship side at best, at burnleys level which puts things into perspective.

Absolutely shocking display and they should forfeit their wages and compensate the 200 fans that traveled.

Only Brad came out with any credit and Benni Mc should be put in the reserves until his attitude improves.

DISGUSTING

:D

Well I read your comments on page 12 and you seem to be more cheerful now no longer the :angry: face.

Hughes needs to shelve his conservatism and drop Gamst and McCarthy. Not sure if Sergio Peter is fit, if yes, bring him in. If not, Warnock left mid, Olsson left back - risky but it's time Gamst'n got a metaphoric kick up the backside.

Well done Larissa and Donis. They deserve massive credit for overturning our lot.

Hughes cannot, even if Nelsen and Samba are fit for the next game, leave Zurab out of the 16 man squad. The guy is better than Ooijer and imo could do a better job than Mokoena in central midfield too.

Oh dear, you seem to reverting to the Paul Sturrock is God version of yourself rather than the more rational incarnation you've been playing the last few months.

This is great , just spent 20 minutes replying on the game thread to be told at the end when I came to post that the thread is locked

This is the game thread. I can only assume the one you mean is the discussion about whether it was on TV or not, that was never meant to be match thread.

Why on earth are you having a go at Gamst and not Bentley?? I'm not saying that Gamst played well or anything, but when he got substituted I was hoping Bentley was the one to go cos he had a FAR worse game than Gamst up till then! You are talking a lot of rubbish.

Archived