BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley Vrs Blackpool

Gav

Great result for Blackpool today away at burnley and an equalizer in the last minute sent the dingles home dejected.

Congratulations to Simon Grayson and Tony Parkes.

Just a quick mention about the gate.

They've been going on all week at work about how today’s derby will see a near capacity at the morgue which will eclipse some of our premiership gates this season.

Unlucky burnley only 16,843 with over 3500 Blackpool fans, which is around 5000 below capacity.

The gap is closing :lol:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Great result for Blackpool today away at burnley and an equalizer in the last minute sent the dingles home dejected.

They've been going on all week at work about how today's derby will see a near capacity at the morgue which will eclipse some of our premiership gates this season.

Unlucky burnley only 16,843 with over 3500 Blackpool fans, which is around 5000 below capacity.

I caught the very end of it on Radio Lancs. Good lad Andy Morrell!!

I think many people will be surprised at Blackpool's start this season, they're looking pretty good at the moment, and if they keep it up, could well finish above Preston, which would be pretty funny!

They've been going on all week at work about how today’s derby will see a near capacity at the morgue which will eclipse some of our premiership gates this season.

S' funny dingles are still claiming 18-19K. This result was quite heartwarming since the hill trolls have been looking down their noses predicting an easy win. Nice that it is a Rovers connection too.

Reports indicate that Blackpool were the better team too.

Funny article that, I suspect with the inbreeding in Burnley he thought it was a human body I mean there has to be some strange specimens wandering around West Yorkshire there.

Sorry, we've just ground out an away point against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

Who gives a flying one about either Burnley or Blackpool?

Time to forget that long extinct rivalry.

Unless we ever get relegated. :ph34r:

Have to disagree, been twenty plus years since I've seen some friends and family but I don't forget about them. Never forget your roots Rev. I seem to remember the clarrots thinking at one time the Rivalry was extinct. It's all in good fun for those of us who can't move on.

S' funny dingles are still claiming 18-19K. This result was quite heartwarming since the hill trolls have been looking down their noses predicting an easy win. Nice that it is a Rovers connection too.

Reports indicate that Blackpool were the better team too.

Funny article that, I suspect with the inbreeding in Burnley he thought it was a human body I mean there has to be some strange specimens wandering around West Yorkshire there.

Close to 4,000 from Blackpool.....they must have forgot to count the 6,000 Clarrots locked outside as usual. :D

Please see alternative thread:

Chelsea V Blackburn 15 September 2007

:D

Well,it would be hilarious if Blackpool were to get promoted,and leave behind Preston and the Dingles.

Even the Trotters may be joing the exclusive Nationwide club soon.

Will Blackpool soon be Rovers biggest North West rivals,and Preston,and Burnley just become a mear blobs on the horizon.

Sorry, we've just ground out an away point against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge.

Who gives a flying one about either Burnley or Blackpool?

Time to forget that long extinct rivalry.

Unless we ever get relegated. :ph34r:

you one of these post 94-95 rovers supporters?! u think man utd are our big rivals?

I give a "flying one" about the burnley blackpool game because its a relatively big local derby, and i always look out for the results of the lancs teams.

Rovers burnley is one of the oldest rivalries in footy,if not the oldest, and long may it continue

Never had a dislike for Blackpool, always a good day out, few sad results and used to love the Kop end, Spion Kop was it? Decent acoustics and seemed huge.

Somehow forgetting our rivalries, particulary with our six fingered friends makes us a bit like them. How the Dingles have scoffed at us, the Bolton's and Prestons and blackpools of this world, Even the likes of Scunthorpe have had to put up with their giving large about clarrots being big and Scunny nothing.

I find that to be a bit arrogant and condescending and we should not be like that, enjoy what we have but never forget where we've been. Long live the bitter rivalry.

In other Dingle news...

http://www.burnleycitizen.co.uk/news/newsh...s_a_dolphin.php

:lol: Imagine that, wasting a bit of your holiday for something so insignificant as a dead body :lol:

Posted by: WalkOnBRFC, Blackburn on 11:05am today

Typical Dingle, doesn't his a*se from his elbow :lol:

During my fits of laughter I managed to sneak a comment in myself. My poor little dingle colleague is getting abit of stick over this one. Thanks for making my day Anti :)

And she would be right.

I forgot just how bad a place B***ley is but a quick look at the headlines in this paper bring it all back. You have dead dolphins (he probably murdered it himself), people being attacked by golf club wielding thugs, dangerous underpasses and drunk women who live in tents. Just about every story involves someone getting a kicking of some sort.The worst of all is the racist attack on the 13 year old. Check the comments in the blog under this story. Its "PC Pandering" to report an attack on a 13 year old apparantly......knucklescrapers the lot of them.

What a town

I think we should all forget about our prejucices and hatreds and just thank the wee man that we don't have to live in that place.

Archived