SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Beckham For The England Job

waggy

:rover: i reckon goldenballs should get the england job,why? you may ask

well i reckon klinsman did a great job for germany

beckham was the 1st superduper football star

all the squad love him

all players get enough coaching at there clubs,and dave could just let the lads play the way they should.

and most off all the fans LOVE HIM :brfc:

all the squad love him

all players get enough coaching at there clubs,and dave could just let the lads play the way they should.

The difference in intelect between Klinsmann and Beckham isn't worth talking about......but sod it, maybe we should let him have the job, shake it all up a bit......can't imagine him dropping too many of his mates though.......if only Brian Clough were still alive. :rolleyes:

all the squad love him

Hell, why not? The effing Blue Peter cat could've done as good as job as the last pair!

if only Brian Clough were still alive. :rolleyes:

What difference would that make the FA wouldn't have him when he was, waaaay too controversial for the old school tie mob. The beginning of my dislike for the FA was at the time they refused to enterain probably the best ever manager England has ever produced. Choosing saving face over the success of the National team was, to me, next to treason.

all the squad love him

:blink: One thing that all Becks jokes have in common is that they're based on making fun of his presumably low IQ. He's not that stupid but I can barely imagine him as a public figure after retiring from football. He might be popular, but that's hardly of use I think. As for the "players get enough coaching" argument...We've seen enough of what they know to play without any tactical help.

I wouldn't do it, but I do actually think he'd be a decent manager. Seems to have a good understanding of the game and after working under the managers that he has you have to pick up a few things (just look at how ex-United players now).

Beckham's not a bad shout but a better choice would be Shearer, who would certainly command the respect of the dressing room and might frighten a few of them into showing some pride wearing an England shirt.

Appointing a recent former player for the England job rather than a formal coach is the way to go.

No doubt England will scrape into the finals and McLaren keeps his job. Then England will go out in the early stages of the tournament and McLaren resigns. Another trophyless tournament for England.

Actually, what I fear is that they scrape into the finals and then will be good enough to certainly make it through the group stages. By doing this they should secure his job for the World Cup and England will see two tournaments go by under him.

Beckham's not a bad shout but a better choice would be Shearer, who would certainly command the respect of the dressing room and might frighten a few of them into showing some pride wearing an England shirt.

Appointing a recent former player for the England job rather than a formal coach is the way to go.

Gazza? :rolleyes:

For my money the best 2 English managers in the game today are Allardyce and Redknapp. I'm sure either of them could do a better job than Mr Weird Hair or his predecessor, the Swedish Chemist. The media would love Mourinho to come back to England as national manager. It'd be fun to have an actual winner in the job for once, but I cant see him generating anywhere like the same passion for another nation's national team as he has for the domestic clubs he's managed. In any case, the FA will most probably play it safe as they've done from the days of Clough and before and since. A non-outspoken foreign boss will be next, now they've pacified the clamour for an Englishman in the job.

By the way, what exactly does Terry Venables do these days? He sits next to Weird Hair as his assistant, but the current England team bears no resemblance in spirit to the teams he used to manage. Maybe give him another shot as England boss in his own right, now that the Alan Sugar legal fiasco seems to have passed over..?

There is only one logical choice for next England manager - Mourinho - and the decision would have to be made quickly before he lands another plumb club job.

However the gormless buffoons at the FA wil never do it because:

a) They'd be too scared of what he might say all the time.

B ) It's plainly the right thing to do and the FA never do that.

In the unlikely event they did appoint him it'd be brilliant imo. Like having Brian Clough in charge, albeit 30 years too late.

Beckham? Waggy, it's not April 1st for another 6 months yet bud!

Completely agree RB. Mourinho is the only manager worth considering AND the FA have to move quickly whilst his gardening leave still looks like a painfully long time.

English Passion wins nothing. Technical and tactical superiority allied to ability with passion gets you a chance ofwinning things.

It is desperately important for the future of English football that Russia complete the job by winning in Israel.

Noticed that SWP is getting some richly-deserved flak for his aversion to the football in Moscow.

Command and frighten. He's picked up all of Souness' managerial tricks, then...

Bolton struggled because they appointed Little Sam who had no managerial pedigree. You appear to be advocating a similar approach?

Would Jose be able to do the England job with only a fixed pool of players to pick from. I mean he's not going to be able to go buy the best players in the world now is he. Sven at City may be a good yardstick, he's been able to go get what he wants and looks to have done a decent job.

I suppose we just have to face facts, England just aren't good enough, certainley not as good as we like to make them out. Technically, compared to the likes of Brazil, the Argies, Iti's and frogs we are light years behind. We need a man that can pull every ounce of effort from what we have, that can use our strengths, it won't be pretty but it could be effective. Is Jose the man? I just don't know.

It is pure speculation as to whether Mourinho would take it but give him Sven's package and a route back into English football before Christmas and England would have no managerial excuses for not performing.

There has been no shortage of English players at Chelsea either compared with Liverpool or Arsenal.

I have said earlier on this thread that England have a horribly narrow pool of players to select from- sub 200 in the Premier clubs, only Beckham outside England and the incredibly disappearing whatsisname ex-PNE hardly doing the lower leagues any favours.

However, Mourinho is I suspect less likely than McClown to reduce the gene pool artificially by restricting selection to only favoured clubs. I might be horribly wrong but I'd trust Mourinho to consider Bentley, Warnock and Dunn purely on merit. He is also far more likely to solve the Lampard with Gerard and Owen with Rooney conundrums than anyone else and also would have the balls to tell Rafa what he thinks about Crouch not getting games at Liverpool.

Would Jose be able to do the England job with only a fixed pool of players to pick from. I mean he's not going to be able to go buy the best players in the world now is he.

He wasn't able to do that at Porto either, was he? And still pulled off some great runs.

I have said earlier on this thread that England have a horribly narrow pool of players to select from- sub 200 in the Premier clubs, only Beckham outside England and the incredibly disappearing whatsisname ex-PNE hardly doing the lower leagues any favours.

England have as large of a group of players to choose from as any other major footballing nation.

England have as large of a group of players to choose from as any other major footballing nation.

That is ######.

Italy- far higher prortion of Serie A is Italian plus some top players in the Prem and Liga. Ditto France in the French League and Germany in the German League and to a lesser extent Spain but plus Liverpool and Arsenal.

Archived