• Dunn
    • McCarthy
    • Santa Cruz
    • Mokoena
    • Derbyshire

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

absolutely ridiculous game. We won this by two long-range efforts, Benni's goal especially was just unbelievable. On the other hand, Spurs battered the hell out of us and we had Friedel to thank that they didn't win by double-digits really. (Samba and Oiijer though did very good too).

I do feel sorry for Spurs though. You aren't gonna see a more cruel loss than that. They show that they can play fantastic football, but are getting nightmare luck.

Man of the match - Super Brad Friedel. We got the miracle win but we definitely have to reexamine our game-plan because that was far from good enough.

Let's not get too previous, we are 6th unless Arsenal get an equaliser at Anfield. Great result.

Come on Mr E- get real- remember the appalling injustice of the Spurs 3 Rovers 2 game? We are only just beginning payback time on the Spuds with this one and looking at the stats, we had two more chances than they did this afternoon as well.

absolutely ridiculous game. We won this by two long-range efforts, Benni's goal especially was just unbelievable. On the other hand, Spurs battered the hell out of us and we had Friedel to thank that they didn't win by double-digits really. (Samba and Oiijer though did very good too).

I do feel sorry for Spurs though. You aren't gonna see a more cruel loss than that. They show that they can play fantastic football, but are getting nightmare luck.

Man of the math - Super Brad Friedel. We got the miracle win but we definitely have to reexamine our game-plan because that was far from good enough.

Revenge for when we played them off the park a couple of season's ago at the Lane and lost. Fantastic result.

Man of the match - Super Brad Friedel. We got the miracle win but we definitely have to reexamine our game-plan because that was far from good enough.

agreed, lets not forget that we were pretty poor for large parts of the match and with united and liverpool coming up that performance would not do.

If you havent seen Sambas goal yet !! It was an absolute belter, long free kick into the Spuds box great header from Pedersen down to Santa-Cruz who liad it off for samba to rifle it in from just outside the box.

Samba went mental when he scored like he had just won the world cup superb.

Last 20 minutes only one team looked like winning and we did. we looked far the fitter side in the closing stages.

Maybe so but thats football, its happened to us in the past and will happen again to us. Lets just take the 3 points.

jesus christ i was exstatic about the win till i read ur post, anyway a team who dosent play well and gets results is a sign of a good one :closedeyes::rover:

what is good about this result is the fact that the weekends results have been kind to us. we're 6 ahead of villa, 7 ahead of west ham, 4 ahead of newcastle and 2 ahead of portsmouth with game in hand. we're also now just a point behind city with a game in hand too..leaving us the best placed team behind the big four. and sure we have two tough games next, but after that we play:

fulham (a)

villa (h)

newcastle (h)

west ham (h)

wigan (a)

before playing chelsea at home. all five natches we should be winning on current form. two points from the next two games would be brilliant, but the pressure is off a little.

I don't think I've been this happy as a Rovers fan since we won the League Cup...Absolutely ecstatic and the legend that is Christopher Samba gets the winner. I'm in dreamland :D

6 wins in a row and bring on the Scousers!

Bow locks. Have you ever played sport ?

Never ever feel sorry for the opposition.

what is good about this result is the fact that the weekends results have been kind to us. we're 6 ahead of villa, 7 ahead of west ham, 4 ahead of newcastle and 2 ahead of portsmouth with game in hand. we're also now just a point behind city with a game in hand too..leaving us the best placed team behind the big four. and sure we have two tough games next, but after that we play:

fulham (a)

villa (h)

newcastle (h)

west ham (h)

wigan (a)

before playing chelsea at home. all five natches we should be winning on current form. two points from the next two games would be brilliant, but the pressure is off a little.

Yea, those 5 will determine if we have a chance to Europe this season. Liverpool, Man Utd and Chelsea -games are irrelevant.

Not really, there's 9 points to be played for there.

Sure, but most probably we'll get pretty much as many points from the big four during the season as our rivals. Getting the points from our rivals and the bottom teams will determine our place in the table come May.

Sure, but most probably we'll get pretty much as many points from the big four during the season as our rivals. Getting the points from our rivals and the bottom teams will determine our place it the table come May.

I see what you mean......but i'd like to think we can get something from each of those games. Anyway, great season so far.....bring on the big boys. :rover:

Archived