• Dunn
    • McCarthy
    • Santa Cruz
    • Mokoena
    • Derbyshire

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Freaking brilliant. We even had a 10-minute summary on Dutch TV! I was on a trip with 12 friends, SOOOOO proud!!! And they who didn't vote for Friedel as MotM saw another match than I did. Brilliant. Altough I had the idea Ooijer and Samba did well too. Midfield can still do better, lucky win for us! PROUD!

One thing that always amazes me - we had the best player on the park - he just happened to be the goal keeper - and yet we were lucky :rolleyes:

Always happens - not just a Rovers thing - at the end of the day that is Brads job - the only way that we are lucky is that he is still one of the best around.

Can't believe how high we are flying at the moment - hope it isn't like Roy's first season - when we eventually just ran out of gas after xmas.

It will be interesting to see how we do against United and Liverpool - especially United - who do look awesome at the moment.

With Reid and Nelsen to come back - its loking good at the moment - just hope Robbie is ok

"Train to White Heart Lane: £15, Tickets to the match: £32, singing "going down, going down, going down!" to the Spurs fans as Samba wins the game with a beauty?

PRICELESS!"

Friedel once again demonstrates why he is one of the world's best goalkeepers. He won us that game. I think the result flattered us and, on another day, we could have come away with nothing. Still, it's a great feeling sealing another three points and climbing to fifth in the table.

One thing that always amazes me - we had the best player on the park - he just happened to be the goal keeper - and yet we were lucky :rolleyes:

Always happens - not just a Rovers thing - at the end of the day that is Brads job - the only way that we are lucky is that he is still one of the best around.

You're partially right, but if Spurs had taken some of those chances properly then Freidel wouldn't have stood a chance, so we were lucky.

My Spurs ticket has today's date printed on it...

Spurs 1 Rovers 2 with Gamst and Samba.

That be the first ever prediction I got right!!!

I remember Samba came so close to scoring the winner against Spurs last season (header off the bar?) that I hoped he would win it this time round.

From where I was sat (and pretty much the whole of the away stand), the view of Samba's goal was fantastic. You knew the ball was in before it happened.

Particularly loved the songs on Jansen and Cole but you can't beat an old fashioned "going down with the Bolton".

:rover:

And now the fun begins with our next set of games.

Particularly loved the songs on Jansen and Cole but you can't beat an old fashioned "going down with the Bolton".

There appears to be a bit of a renaissance of some of the older chants at the moment, at Sunderland "Walking in a Shearer Wonderland" and "Hark now hear the Rovers sing" got an airing.

Keep it up!

:tu::rover:

Just got back.....what a result. Last season we would have lost this 2 or 3 nil however this season I am still confident even when we are one down. Great performance from the crowd in the second half once that bloody drum stopped.

I thought Friedel was outstanding today and still the best keeper in the league.

On the way back we were stuck in a traffic jam and a national express coach pulls along side with 'Burnley' on the front. Ha Ha we took the p1ss big style.

As I've now finished watching the re-run of the game, I think Benni deserves a huge amount of praise from that game. Worked so hard and was at times the only person who looked at all dangerous when we got forward.

I thought Benni was bloody awful in the first half, looked disinterested and gave Santa Cruz little or no support.

In fact he contributed next to nothing until his wonder strike for the equaliser which came totally out of the blue really.

After that he looked a completely different player, motivated, sharp, and a real handful.

Great to see him doing something like that, you need your big players to produce something special from time to time. He obviously has a great strike on him and I wish he would let fly from distance more often.

Fantastic result from a game we never really looked like winning until deep into injury time if truth be told.

I thought it was a poor performance from us first half, we played far too deep just in front of our own penalty area giving Spurs an uncontested twenty or thirty yards in the middle of the pitch allowing them to boss the game. You'd have thought that with Spurs in the middle of such a bad run, we'd be the ones taking the game to them.

The second half had barely got underway when Warnock allowed himself to be skinned by Lennon (I remember Michael Gray being slaughtered on here for exactly that) and it eventually led to him conceding what I thought was a very soft penalty award.

I remarked to my pals at the time that although we'd looked like we hadn't wanted to win the game in the first half, at least going a goal behind meant we would have to now give it a real go.So it eventually proved.

The match turned imo from two unconnected events which happened almost simultaneously. Firstly Tugay (who had again played too deep and not played that well) was withdrawn and MGP came on. Seconds later Benni produced a real thunderbolt from out of nowhere to get us back in it. After that, with MGP looking a lot livelier than he has done for a while, we displayed a lot more fluidity and attacking edge going forward. I had the feeling that Spuds were there for the taking long before Samba's late wonderstrike, but we couldn't quite pick out the right ball in various promising situations.

Still all was well that ends well. Twenty one points from ten games! Happy days!

However we need to have more confidence in our own ability and try and take the game by the scruff of the neck from the start if we're to continue our exceptional run and keep the momentum rolling with good results against Pompey Liverpool and ManUre I feel.

nightmare on the m1, got to the Newport Pagnell services at ten past eight, but back in three hours from there. Just watched the highlights on sky and must admit fortune was on our side. At the time i thought Benni had scored the goal of the season, didn't realise it took a deflection. samba's goal though was something special great strike and under a minute left. Listening to the spurs fans whinging on the way back to the car took me back to cardiff, oh happy days.

"Train to White Heart Lane: £15, Tickets to the match: £32, singing "going down, going down, going down!" to the Spurs fans as Samba wins the game with a beauty?

PRICELESS!"

:lol:

Friedel once again demonstrates why he is one of the world's best goalkeepers.

USA!!! USA!!! USA!!! :brfc:

tommorows gamea is NOT on setanta, K.O 3pm, unless my Tvguide is wrong

Uh Andy, for the record: We were talking about Setanta-USA. The match was on live here in the states on Setanta's second channel on DirecTV - Channel 670 - known as Setanta Xtra. Just a reference note for the future for those who had trouble finding it yesterday.

What a result, thought Friedel, Sav (Until injured) and Samba were great, good to see the working version of MGP back again, Benni reminding us of why we need him (Deflected or not it turned us around) as for the finish at the end, quality finish, chuffed to bits, great singing also!

The match turned imo from two unconnected events which happened almost simultaneously. Firstly Tugay (who had again played too deep and not played that well) was withdrawn and MGP came on. Seconds later Benni produced a real thunderbolt from out of nowhere to get us back in it.

Another change so far unmentioned [i think], was Mokoena's appearance. From that moment Spurs weren't half as dangerous. A coincidence/ I think not. He was excellent.

Archived