• Ooijer
    • Warnock
    • Betnley
    • Reid
    • Dunn
    • Pedersen
    • Santa Cruz
    • Derbyshire

I wouldn't go that far, we were hanging on for large periods, clearing it upfield straight to a Villa player. Villa continue to look deadly from set pieces, and the Carew/Agbonlahor long ball is always an outlet for them. They haven't looked to craft anything yet though, it's all direct stuff.

That said, we've looked relatively solid at the back (especially without Nelsen back there), and the midfield has been combative. We've crafted out a few chances, but the penalty aside we've not really looked like scoring. A draw is a fair score at this point. Hopefully that's the score at the end.

They've created next to nowt.

You ought to get some blue tinted spec's like mine. ;)

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've done really well to stamp out Barry and Young's involvement, and I think Steven Reid for one has done great in midfield today. He's struggling with an injury according to the commentators, but claimed to be ok and will hopefully continue his unspectacular but solid performance. Wouldn't really change anything yet, but Roberts and McCarthy off the bench will probably be useful later on. Anyone know why Tugay's not there in stead of Berner? Still injured?

Got to give Carson credit for the penalty save......Derbyshire hit it well enough.

Carson probably used his knowledge of Derbs gained from the training ground for England U21's, and was thus better placed than most keepers to guess correctly.

Bah 1-1, Young free kick on the right side of the box curled to far post.

Can someone explain what did Dunny do? i dont have live coverage.

Just about broke past Davies (I think), stumbled slightly in the box but got a shot off which Carson parried.

Archived