BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Trivia

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Which 8 English cities can have derby matches?

Sorry Ian, I'm going to have to put my anorak on & be Mr Fuss-Pot on this one. If you're going to ask questions then you need the answers to be correct.......

Manchester United's ground is not in the City Of Manchester, it's in Trafford Metropolitan Borough Council.

There are no Premier league football grounds within The City Of London

Nottingham Forest's ground is in the Borough Of Rushcliffe in the County of Nottinghamshire. It is not in The City Of Nottingham.

Give it a couple of years and Everton may be in Knowsley Metropolitan Borough Council.

Anorak off..........................

• 1 year later...

What is the maximum amount of times two Premiership teams can play each other in a normal season?

At a guess?

Community Shield, 2 in the league, 2 in the league cup (semi final), 2 in the fa cup (1 replay), 2 in the champions league.

so 9?

Twice in the league, twice in the league cup, twice in the FA Cup (with a replay), twice in Europe (Europa or CL knockout stage), once in the European Super Cup and once in the Charity Shield.

So I'm saying 10.

Ah, it could actually be 11 now I've thought about it. If two teams finished joint top of the league with identical records and couldn't be seperated by the usual tie breakers then a one off game to determine the title winners would be played.

In your face Mr Leftpeg.

Archived