BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Eduardo

Ricky

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In fairness i've seen that happen in sunday league.

And to be fair it was caused from your straight forward challange.But the Player with the ball moves the ball away from the challenge and places his leg in the way.

Defender goes for the ball the attacker moves ball at the last minute and puts his weight on the leg he used to move the ball.

I know this is a crap defence but i stand by my veiw of it not being a straight red.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KNiWMbH1A5k

From that replay it looks like Taylor was going for the ball but was wrongfooted by an Eduardo turn at the last second.

I can't argue, it was definately clumsy. Though i can't see the intent that is being spouted out by some parts of the media and by some fans.

That's the same link that's on the previous page

Well i was using the video to reinforce my point that i believe the tackle was a case of mistiming rather than deliberate intent to harm the player. Also it was a reference to those who perhaps didn't read the first page of the thread and just went onto the second page.

I'll let you off.

Meanwhile Arsenal have scored two quick goals

I don't think he meant to hurt him, it was just a bad tackle, certainly a red card. It doesn't matter whether you were going for the ball or not, he was in the air with his studs up and even if the ball had been right there he still might have gone over it. Just a bad challenge, they happen sometimes. Hopefully Eduardo will recover from it.

I'm sorry but I am completely effing sick of the hypocrisy that spouts from North London. It was clearly a bad tackle and I hope the guy recovers fully. I also think under the current rules it was a red card. However, there was clearly no intent there - you can't see it in the attempt at any speed, nor is Taylor like that. Which contrasts completely with the attempts Arsenal made on Nani last week which were COMPLETELY intentional - especially the Flamini attempted tackle which would probably have taken both Nani's legs off if he hadn't jumped.

So best wishes to Eduardo but I do hope this constant stream of nonsense from North London stops

However, there was clearly no intent there - you can't see it in the attempt at any speed, nor is Taylor like that.

3379.jpg

Looks pretty damn intentional to me, and did so at the time. You don't just launch in to the air like that by accident. Look how far away from the ball he is too. I know he's crap, but he's not THAT crap that he can miss by such a distance.

For tackles like that, there should be a rule whereby the culprit is banned for the duration that the victim is sidelined for.

3379.jpg

Looks pretty damn intentional to me, and did so at the time. You don't just launch in to the air like that by accident. Look how far away from the ball he is too. I know he's crap, but he's not THAT crap that he can miss by such a distance.

For tackles like that, there should be a rule whereby the culprit is banned for the duration that the victim is sidelined for.

Disagree completely. He didn't launch himself from 5 yards away, he stuck his foot out to try to get the ball in what used to called a sliding tackle. There was no attempt to stamp, his foot was on a downwards trajectory and I think it's a nonsense to say he tried to get the blokes leg. As for using that picture to say how far away the ball is that too is a nonsense - a ball travelling in a split second on a single freeze frame will look further away. Sounds like you've been taken in by Wenger the hypocrite to me

Archived