BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Where We Gonna Finish?

I have just given it a go, and tried to be as unbiased as possible, and to genuinely try to predict every result fairly as I see it.

I finished up with Rovers 7th on 61 points and GD of +9 and Portsmouth also with 61 pts and a much better GD than us in 6th. But the mystery is that the final table showed all teams having played 38 except for Portsmouth and West Ham who have each only played 37. I have double checked the fixtures from top to bottom and have not missed a single match result. How can this be? Has anyone else had a similar result?

Btw my final table had Man.U. as Champs, Arse 2nd, Chelse 3rd, Everton 4th! Liverpool only managed 5th (Rafa out?).

At the other end it was relegation for Fulham, Newcastle and Derby. (execution for KK?) :lol:

But the mystery is that the final table showed all teams having played 38 except for Portsmouth and West Ham who have each only played 37.

I think it is because the fixture between the two of them hasnt got a date yet so is missed off the predictor - or at least Im sure I read that somewhere anyway!

But the mystery is that the final table showed all teams having played 38 except for Portsmouth and West Ham who have each only played 37. I have double checked the fixtures from top to bottom and have not missed a single match result. How can this be? Has anyone else had a similar result?

Portsmouth are still in the FA Cup - so their game with West Ham has to be rearranged - hence not being on the list.

Mystery Solved :rover:

Iv got:

Pos Team GD Points

1 Arsenal 48 91

2 Chelsea 43 88

3 Manure 51 83

4 lpool 40 76

5 everton 23 67

6 villa 16 66

7 ROVERS 8 64

8 pompey 15 61

9 man city 2 58

10 west ham -3 52

11 spurs 8 48

12 newcastle -27 40

13 boro -22 38

14 wigan -23 36

15 bham -14 34

16 reading -24 34

17 sunderland -26 33

18 bolton -25 27

19 fulham -27 27

20 derby -63 11

Highly unrealistic that Bolton and Fulham will only pick up 2 and 4 points from their last 9 and 8 games respectively. The way the bottom is shaping up, a team will go down with perhaps as many as 35 points.

It is quite possible that the whole of the bottom end will shake itself into so much of a frenzy that the rest of the League will look at playing 12th downwards as a big threat and not 3 easy points. It usually happens in April each season.

I've got

1 Man Utd 88

2 Chelsea 87

3 Arsenal 85

4 Liverpool 71

5 Everton 71

6 Portsmouth 69

7 Aston Villa 67

8 Man City 64

9 Blackburn 55

10 West Ham 54

11 Tottenham 50

12 Reading 40

13 Middlesbrough 37

14 Wigan 34

15 Newcastle 32

16 Birmingham 31

17 Sunderland 31

18 Fulham 29

19 Bolton 27

20 Derby 10

1 Man U 89

2 Chelsea 89

3 Arsenal 86

4 Everton 72

5 Lpool 67

6 Pompey 62

7 Rovers 59

8 Villa 56

9 Spurs 51

10 West Ham 51

11 Man City 50

12 Boro 42

13 Reading 38

14 Brum 37

15 Bolton 37

16 Fulham 37

17 Sunderland 36

18 Wigan 36

19 Newcastle 32

20 Derby 13

That is with throwing random wins to the lower half club every 5th top v bottom encounter. Villa (lost at home to Derby) and City suffered! Rovers got lucky in having no 5th games and Newcastle didn't get any either.

The bottom 9 clubs are going to pick up a lot of points simply from the games between themselves.

That is an amazingly exciting season end there- I think issues settling top, bottom and Europe could well go to the last game.

It says at the bottom.

* Champions League and Uefa Cup qualification places could change if English teams win European trophies this season

Now does that mean, if one of the 4 English teams go on to win the Champions League, that could effect UEFA Cup spots? Meaning it'd drop down to 7th and Intertoto being 8th?

Chelsea 89

Arsenal 86

Man Utd 80

Liverpool 76

Everton 70

Aston Villa 65

Portsmouth 61

Rovers 61

Man City 57

West Ham 51

Tottenham 49

Middlesbrough 49

Reading 39

Wigan 37

Newcastle 34

Birmingham 33

Bolton 32

Fulham 31

Sunderland 31

Derby 11

I think we'll definately finish either 7th or 8th. Intersting on mine though Chelsea win the league by three points (mainly because I put them to beat both Arsenal & United at home). Sunderland & Fulham go down but Notlob survive only just.

I think if we could only win one more game this season, I think I would choose Liverpool away. Would love to see us win there, after a fair few thumpings, and robberies over the last couple of years. But don't expect it will happen.

I really think we can beat Wigan, Reading Spurs before a trip to Anfield, and should we do so the game at Liverpool would be a monster match, for both sides I feel.

I have:

1. Manchester United

2. Arsenal

3. Chelsea

4. Liverpool

5. Everton

6. Aston Villa

7. Portsmoutth

8. Man City

9. West Ham

10. Blackburn Rovers

11. Spurs

12. Wigan

13. Middlesbrough

14. Reading

15. Newcastle

16. Sunderland

17. Fulham

18. Birmingham

19. Bolton

20. Derby

For us I have wins against Wigan, Reading and Derby. Draws with Spurs and Birmingham, and defeats against Man Utd, Liverpool and Portsmouth

If we will all three of those I will eat my hat. We are not playing well at the moment.

Curious to know what kind of hat you have. Let's hope it's a pork pie one, considering we have excellent records against all of those teams.

Curious to know what kind of hat you have. Let's hope it's a pork pie one, considering we have excellent records against all of those teams.

Spurs at home, you must be kidding me. I'm trying to think of the last time we beat them at Ewood...maybe the time Duff and Mahon scored in a 2-1 victory if memory serves me correctly?

Edit: Just looked at previous seasons and we won in 2003 with a Vratty Gresko winner. But still hardly amazing form against Spuds and I certainly wouldn't have this match down as a win.

Spurs at home, you must be kidding me. I'm trying to think of the last time we beat them at Ewood...maybe the time Duff and Mahon scored in a 2-1 victory if memory serves me correctly?

Edit: Just looked at previous seasons and we won in 2003 with a Vratty Gresko winner. But still hardly amazing form against Spuds and I certainly wouldn't have this match down as a win.

One of my favourite goals. Now, who was it? Ah yes, Carr had just fouled Vrati in a rather nasty manner and Vrati responded with a great goal that deflected into the net from the backside of that same Mr Carr :lol: Referee was Graham Poll and Souey got sent off!!!

Archived