BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bacon

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We keep having pics in the daily's of dogs being sold for food in the far east and bears being forced to dance in those parts too but as yet I've never seen a pic of a goat or sheep hung up in some abbatoir (or backyard) struggling in abject fear and pain whilst having it's throat cut from ear to ear..... for absolutely no good or logical reason.

You really have no idea theno, honestly. It doesn't attract the attention of the RSPCA etc. because it is not worthy of doing so, so please don't try and sensationalise (the last sentence is laughable) something you don't really have a clue about.

On the contrary I do work in the food / meat production industry Le chuck. Where exactly do you derive your opinion from?

I think you are right to be "outraged." This is obviously a national disgrace and something needs to be done at once. I blame Gordon Brown, Muslims, the demise of National Service, and the abject failure of The Bacon Council Of The UK to promote bacon as a low salt & low fat alternative to lettuce. I'm afraid. The country is going to the dogs I'm afraid.

I agree here! You must complane, its an outrage and an insult. I feel that the Bacon Council of America will need to send over a crack team experts to handle this dire situation post haste!

I feel that the Bacon Council of America will need to be over a crack team experts to handle this dire situation post haste!

Who are you going to send? Pamela Hamdersen?

(Apologies, my head is already hanging in shame for that)

On the contrary I do work in the food / meat production industry Le chuck. Where exactly do you derive your opinion from?

Good point Theno, Le Chuck does not realise that the Muslim council of Britain lobbied the government some years back to get a dispensation for Halal slaughter as it broke the UK rules on the slaughter of animals

• 5 weeks later...

Is this the best pie shop in the North West?? The steak pies are quite simply top class cuisine.

10871809_thumbnail.png

With places like this around, I'm amazed anyone would want to ever visit a Subway.

Anyone else have any favourites?

I know its in Burnley, but "Haffners" pies are absolutely superb. They have a little factory shop at their bakery which opens at lunch time and are fresh from the oven.

Wasted on the locals in my opinion!

Is this the best pie shop in the North West?? The steak pies are quite simply top class cuisine.

10871809_thumbnail.png

With places like this around, I'm amazed anyone would want to ever visit a Subway.

Greenhalgh's in Darwen for meat and potato. Birkenhead market for hand made steak and kidney pies.

:rolleyes:

10871809_thumbnail.png

do they still sell mushy pea pies there?

You're loving being back up north aren't you? :tu:

Oh yes!!! :xmas::tu:

I still have to go down to London most weeks, but it's proper nice coming back home to Darwen.

do they still sell mushy pea pies there?

Yep - on my list to try!

Archived