BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bacon

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder would a similar thread bemoaning the unavailability of chicken, turkey or lettuce in a single Subway have induced seven pages worth of replies? Or indeed the lack of bacon or unleavened bread in a Subway in Golders Green?

It's kind of inspiring though. I'm pretty sure of my lunch order now.

I think this is a brilliant thread.

It means from now on I can dismiss the opinions of certain folk before even reading them just because I knew they were "outraged" at a Subway becoming Halal.

If anybody believes this is the thin end of a wedge and eventually there will be no bacon sold anywhere, they are wrong. (Although since smoking has been banned, maybe bacon will be next)

:)

Sir Paul McCartney has condemned halal meat, saying in 2005: "I'm unhappy that the slaughter of animals without pre-stunning has not been banned, as the government has admitted that it is cruel and causes severe distress".

[/url]

Tell everyone you can that 'Subway' in Preston New Road are a disgrace. Boycott the cruel buggers.

Im very surprised that a high court battle has not been overpublicised against Halal meat because if good old Sir Paul says its wrong, it must be wrong :rolleyes:

Personally I like bacon it tastes nice, like pork, gammon and ham too. But I dont get why people are so upset if anyone with any taste buys the breakfast at Subway they will know their bacon is crap!!!!

How does everyone like a bacon butty??

Personally I like it on a baguette which is buttered and the bacon to be not too crispy with cheese melted into it :)

Maybe we should petition the Rovers for bacon based half time snacks

Inspired by this thread, I have just bought bacon sarnies for the entire office. Productivity has never been so low, but it's like christmas for the poor mites.

Temporarily, I am no longer the personification of evil on earth. Thank you BRFCS.com

Inspired by this thread, I have just bought bacon sarnies for the entire office. Productivity has never been so low, but it's like christmas for the poor mites.

Temporarily, I am no longer the personification of evil on earth. Thank you BRFCS.com

I can see a kinghthood on its way :D

Oh I'm hungry now..........

How does everyone like a bacon butty??

Personally I like it on a baguette which is buttered and the bacon to be not too crispy with cheese melted into it :)

Maybe we should petition the Rovers for bacon based half time snacks

That's a good call. The reason for the start of this thread is a pretty solid choice too (Bacon and Chicken Ranch - especially if it's with mayonnaise, lettuce and gherkins.)

could some one please explain what exactly is wrong with consuming pig meat purely on a scientific basis and without using the words religion and/or belief in their reply.

Despite lots of knowledgeable comments you appear to have drawn a blank here Abbs. I've got to say that I'm not all that suprised. It's odd that the killing of animals according to hallal / kosher beliefs does no appear to attract the attentions of the RSPCA or the more vociferous animal cruelty brigade. Anybody care to speculate why this is? We keep having pics in the daily's of dogs being sold for food in the far east and bears being forced to dance in those parts too but as yet I've never seen a pic of a goat or sheep hung up in some abbatoir (or backyard) struggling in abject fear and pain whilst having it's throat cut from ear to ear..... for absolutely no good or logical reason.

Despite lots of knowledgeable comments you appear to have drawn a blank here Abbs. I've got to say that I'm not all that suprised. It's odd that the killing of animals according to hallal / kosher beliefs does no appear to attract the attentions of the RSPCA or the more vociferous animal cruelty brigade. Anybody care to speculate why this is? We keep having pics in the daily's of dogs being sold for food in the far east and bears being forced to dance in those parts too but as yet I've never seen a pic of a goat or sheep hung up in some abbatoir (or backyard) struggling in abject fear and pain whilst having it's throat cut from ear to ear..... for absolutely no good or logical reason.

You really have no idea theno, honestly. It doesn't attract the attention of the RSPCA etc. because it is not worthy of doing so, so please don't try and sensationalise (the last sentence is laughable) something you don't really have a clue about.

welcome back gordywordy

Archived