BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bacon

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have not laughed outloud at a BRFCS topic in a long time... Thank you!

I too have been let down by the last Subway store I foolishly entered! Not only did this store not have any bacon! It had no:

Chicken

Beef

Chease

Lettuice

Tomato

Bread

OK, yes, their supply truck had been destroyed by a roadside IED... OK, and yes I was in Iraq... but I still, what about conformity accross the globe I ask you!!!

No bacon... good grief! :rolleyes:

back to topic (sort of... I'm starting to loose track), I am sad to report that although I may look like I have eaten them all... there are no decent pie shops in peterborough!!! they don't even know what a steak and kidney pudding is! I am thinking of complaing to my local MP and demanding that my local chippies and pie shops stop catering purely to the jellied eel brigade, and cater for my tastes as well!

• 1 year later...

Naughty sausage advert banned from the radio....

LINK HERE

It's noticeable these days in our chav society that it seems to be perfectly acceptable for radio stations to play vile gangster rap records which glamourise gun culture and glorify guns as fashion accessories.

However it seems as if our kids are not allowed to listen to a relatively innocuous and light-hearted advert about a sausage.

As a society we seem to have our priorities wrong. Guns are okay on the radio, but sausages are not.

And God forbid any police officer wanting to eat a bacon sandwich at a festival where muslims are present. Police officers have been banned from eating bacon butties at a festival at Alexandra Palace in North London.

A Met spokesman said: "It was decided to exclude pork because of concerns visitors might see an officer eating a bacon or ham sandwich."

As I said, as a society we've clearly got our priorities wrong.....

A Met spokesman said: "It was decided to exclude pork because of concerns visitors might see an officer eating a bacon or ham sandwich."

Stupid buggers. An unecessary and ill advised decision.

I suppose they won't be taking police dogs either cos the vistors will be scared stiff of them too. :rolleyes:

Stupid buggers.

Indeed.

The Met police have also been sued by a silly bugger - a senior catering officer - who is claiming religious discrimination because he was asked to cook bacon and sausages for police officers to eat for breakfast.

Hasanali Khoja said that even wearing gloves and using tongs to cook the breakfast would not protect him from the "unclean" meat.

LINK HERE

Indeed.

The Met police have also been sued by a silly bugger - a senior catering officer - who is claiming religious discrimination because he was asked to cook bacon and sausages for police officers to eat for breakfast.

Hasanali Khoja said that even wearing gloves and using tongs to cook the breakfast would not protect him from the "unclean" meat.

LINK HERE

Thats just an obvious scam that our stupid legal system promotes.

Yes, really.

The ET threw out his claim in April/May.

What would the taxpayer be paying for at an employment tribunal?

"The hearing, expected to last 10 days, continues" Dunno much about such matters Stu but I'm sure that 10 days worth of tribunal must cost something significant. If that is the case then who pays?

Sadly people will always attempt to bring about claims against their employer - the vast majority of them being due to the employers acting illegally. There will always be some claims that are brought through vaxacious behavior.

The tribunals cost a lot less to ALL parties than through the civil law courts. If you really wanted to know the cost Im sure you could find out from somewhere, although Ive only ever received expenses when Ive appeared.

I regularly eat ham/bacon next to my Asian colleague. He has never taken offence. Maybe if one of you actually spoke to a Muslim person you would realise they are just regular people and aren't continually frothing at the mouth as you guys make out.

It's pretty sad really. I guess people just like stereotypes, it makes their lives easier as they don't have to make the effort to get to know somebody before pre-judging them.

Just checking but you do realise the article AESF linked to is dated 11.5.09?

The discussion between Stu and I has changed direction somewhat. Bacon butts have gone to the bottom of the menu for a time Don.

Stu inferred that this ridiculous carry on was costing the taxpayer nothing. I was suggesting that it was. Now he's admitting that there is a cost but that it is less than through civil courts. Whoopee do. Is it too much to exoect that any or preferably all the costs of this farce are born entirely by the claimant? Also might he now be made to pay back his 12 months worth of salary paid whilst under suspension? I'd wager these cases would dry up overnight if that were the norm.

Worse still this malicious git is employed as an adviser for the FSA. Why? Who appointed such an agenda'd pillock to a position of influence or is this just another example of the internal workings of quango's? This bloke is just another worm in the nations gut that is increasingly full of them. He could work in a zillion kebab / takeaway restaurants if he was really that afraid of handling pork.

Stu inferred that this ridiculous carry on was costing the taxpayer nothing.

I said no such thing.

Yous said there was a cost - I was asking what that cost was as you seemed to know. I have no idea what, if anything, the tribunals service costs to run. I said that it costs less to ALL parties - ie claimaint and respondant. I have no idea what the cost to the state is - and have not suggested so.

What would the taxpayer be paying for at an employment tribunal?

Stu inferred that this ridiculous carry on was costing the taxpayer nothing.

I said no such thing.

No but you did infer it...! :D

What a brilliant thread this has been. From not being able to get a bacon buttie to "how much did this cost the tax-payer" in regard to a legal case that was lost months ago.

The internet is wonderful.

If in doubt of losing an arguement, move the discussion onto another subject closely related to the original and ask questions that you have no idea of the answer of, in order to put someone else on the defence.

Super. Classic. Well done everyone.

My PhD is in the bag.

What a brilliant thread this has been. From not being able to get a bacon buttie to "how much did this cost the tax-payer" in regard to a legal case that was lost months ago.

The internet is wonderful.

If in doubt of losing an arguement, move the discussion onto another subject closely related to the original and ask questions that you have no idea of the answer of, in order to put someone else on the defence.

Super. Classic. Well done everyone.

My PhD is in the bag.

My PhD is in the bag.

do you mean your pretty huge dick (or personal pork sausage) is in your under pants?

My PhD is in the bag.

do you mean your pretty huge dick (or personal pork sausage) is in your under pants?

Go to bed Yoda. Sleep it off,

Archived