BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Derby Preview

Only saw the highlights so didn't catch anything of Mr Rennie.

However, since he has come back onto the Premier referees list, I'd say he has become one of the very best refs around. All credit to him for working on his officiating and coming back stronger.

That speaks volumes about the quality of Prem refs! Granted Uriah Rennie is miles better than he was when he was on his big ego trip... agent and all :rolleyes: BUT he is still a joke figure (reminds me of that Bond movie where Bond rammed a tiny gas canister down some black blokes mouth causing him to rise into the air like a barrage balloon before exploding) and prone to making far too many mistakes. On the plus side he is very fair, his errors are even handed and imo he is definitely NOT a 'homer'.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On the plus side he is very fair, his errors are even handed and imo he is definitely NOT a 'homer'.

I'd take that over nearly anything else from a Ref. I dont mind them getting it wrong as long as they get it wrong for both sides, at least its fair

That speaks volumes about the quality of Prem refs! Granted Uriah Rennie is miles better than he was when he was on his big ego trip... agent and all :rolleyes: BUT he is still a joke figure (reminds me of that Bond movie where Bond rammed a tiny gas canister down some black blokes mouth causing him to rise into the air like a barrage balloon before exploding) and prone to making far too many mistakes. On the plus side he is very fair, his errors are even handed and imo he is definitely NOT a 'homer'.

you mean Yaphet Koto, Nah, he looks more like his henchman in the same film with the metal arm, Tee-Hee! (that's not me laughing, that was the name of the character - played by Julius Harris I think)

the Derby fans at Ewood on Saturday were a great credit to their club and were by far the best supporters i have seen at ewood from a premier league team this season

Agreed. I'm sure last Saturday was a release for them and they enjoyed it.

I have to say when the Derby players arrived on the coach there was large crowd of Derby fans cheering each player off the coach - to be honest I think many of the players looked embarrassed.

Good support; awful, awful team.

I hope for Savage, Todd and Jay they bounce back.

Agreed. I'm sure last Saturday was a release for them and they enjoyed it.

I have to say when the Derby players arrived on the coach there was large crowd of Derby fans cheering each player off the coach - to be honest I think many of the players looked embarrassed.

Good support; awful, awful team.

I hope for Savage, Todd and Jay they bounce back.

They were ok. Still couldn't resist the "you're support is f*****g s***" garbage though could they? I hate that moronic schoolyard aspect of football fan behaviour. (our lot are as bad)

I reckon WBA fans are about the best. Generally only interested in supporting their team (although I am prepared to be corrected!)

They were ok. Still couldn't resist the "you're support is f*****g s***" garbage though could they? I hate that moronic schoolyard aspect of football fan behaviour. (our lot are as bad)

I reckon WBA fans are about the best. Generally only interested in supporting their team (although I am prepared to be corrected!)

They gave us tons of sh...grief last time at the Hawthorns ("Man Utd must be sh it" being a favourite of theirs - it was the Saturday after we beat ManUre 4-3).

They gave us tons of sh...grief last time at the Hawthorns ("Man Utd must be sh it" being a favourite of theirs - it was the Saturday after we beat ManUre 4-3).

Fair enough. I havn't been to The Hawthorns since they knocked us out of the cup in the early 80's. When they come to Ewood they usually bring a big, boisterous support who concentrate on The Baggies and leave the na,na,na,na,na b******s alone.

Fair enough. I havn't been to The Hawthorns since they knocked us out of the cup in the early 80's. When they come to Ewood they usually bring a big, boisterous support who concentrate on The Baggies and leave the na,na,na,na,na b******s alone.

Mind you we did ask for it - we were dreadful that afternoon :)

It would seem a now favourite chant of the 'Clone Island' chavs......have to say though it riles me even more when Rovers fans sit in near silence and dont give them some stick back <_<

For some time now, and I have started this on my own at certain away trips, after a liquid lunch :unsure: , I have thought if the Rovers fans, home or away sang Our Support is xxxxxxx xxxx first it would be great.

the Derby fans at Ewood on Saturday were a great credit to their club and were by far the best supporters i have seen at ewood from a premier league team this season

Outside the ground,you may have changed your opinion. The behavior of the Derby fans around the Fernhurst and then walking to the ground was pretty poor. The moronic chanting of what they thought of Lancashire was certainly not a credit to any club

Archived