BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread Part 3

Thought he'd already made his arrangements?

No, he's got to sort out his pay-off with Chelsea - and we all know the snag there.

At the moment he is flying back from Barbados.

Although some would tell you he was in Athens last Friday...

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just found out the meeting was in Manchester.

Doh.

Still, a nice morning for a little drive <_<

edit - whoa there - Big Sam, that's one; McClaren, two; Ince, three; TC four - number five is????

Was sams football really that bad?

or was it a case of the london press just jumping on an easy story?

Bolton STH at work was loving the new entertaining football post-BFS. Worried about relegation but enjoying the games all the same.

Similarly I saw Newcastle twice last year. Once at Ewood under Sam and once at Villa Park under Keegan. The first half at Ewood was appalling - the ball barely touched the ground. Second half we kept it down and pasted them. At Villa they outpassed the home team in the first half of a thoroughly entertaining game and couldn't defend in the second.

It's true that the press are very prone to repeat cliches about the less fashionable clubs but they're spot on about Sam's football.

Just been to the places that matter...the Northcote [no-one there], the academy [no-one there], the Dunky [including the pool - no-one there], Ewood [both ends], the Horden Car Park [shut].

No sightings.

But Whalley looks a lovely little spot.

All I can tell you is that:

McClaren IS meeting them.

There were six on the short-list but that is now five post-Shearer and will be four post-Ten Cate if he cannot make himself available by Wednesday.

Meanwhile Ince is going to a coaching course in Wales for the first time on Wednesday to WATCH...which makes his 'qualifications' look a bit moody.

Troubling times.

Nicko, what is 'troublig' is Ince's attitude. Is his failure to get badges or his 'watching' mean he as a Bryan Robson-like aversion to being taught because he thinks he knows everything? If so, we are down to three.

Going to us (Newcastle) though :P

Since our new owners came in, we've been good at keeping genuine news away from the British press, for instance the first anyone heard of one of our transfers was confirmation of the players departure on Villareal's Official Site. As such, we've found foreign sources more reliable, and the latest from Turkey and Russia is that we're the onlyplayers to make bids for Turan and Arshavin, and that our Arshavin bid has been accepted with Dennis Wise talking to him in Austria.

Where does it say a bid was accepted?

Waiting is not an alternative, when are the players due back from holidays? We certainly don't want to wait till January with signing players because the new manager is appointed too late.

At the moment things look so bleak I'd be happy with the new man simply preventing half the side from wallking out let alone signing new players.

The other thing to bear in mind is that it's all very well saying we don't want to rush the appointment etc.

but once we've installed the new manager, we then have to go about the process of identifying and appointing a new backroom staff.

Sorry, I suspect the fifth is/was Roberto Martinez.

As for McClaren, he's been and gone...from the Manchester Airport Hilton.

Whoops.

By the way, have to pass on the Horden pint for now. Work to do. Cheers.

Probably Boothroyd, his name has been mentioned.

Ince, BFS, McClaren, HTC, Boothroyd.

If that is the case then I vote for 'None of The Above'.

Change Boothroyd to Martinez then - it's still none of the above.

I am depressed.

Archived