BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Do You Approve Of The New Manager?

den

Paul Ince.  

580 members have voted

1. 1. Your views on the Paul Ince appointment?

• Devastated
    • Completely underwhelmed
    • Not sure, but initial feeling is disappointment
    • Prepared to wait and see
    • Might be good
    • Should work out OK
    • Very optimistic
    • Top man

Some interesting comments on Talksport yesterday, reference was made to the dog's abuse Paul Ince is likely to get at Upton Park tomorrow.

Most of the presenters (who aren't normally in the least bit complimentary about anything Blackburn related) seemed to be of the view that it's very childish, it was 20 years ago, he was an outstanding player for his country, and he is THE outstanding young English manager destined for much greater things.

I couldn't help thinking how that perception from outside differed so markedly from that of many of our own fans.

I didn't see it but Harry Redknapp apparently also wrote something similar in the Sun yesterday praising Ince and pointing at that he was prepared to drop down to Macclesfield and MK Dons on as little as 50k p.a. in order to prove himself.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some interesting comments on Talksport yesterday, reference was made to the dog's abuse Paul Ince is likely to get at Upton Park tomorrow.

Most of the presenters (who aren't normally in the least bit complimentary about anything Blackburn related) seemed to be of the view that it's very childish, it was 20 years ago, he was an outstanding player for his country, and he is THE outstanding young English manager destined for much greater things.

I couldn't help thinking how that perception from outside differed so markedly from that of many of our own fans.

I didn't see it but Harry Redknapp apparently also wrote something similar in the Sun yesterday praising Ince and pointing at that he was prepared to drop down to Macclesfield and MK Dons on as little as 50k p.a. in order to prove himself.

Makes me wonder whether people would have a different view of Ince if he had just finished playing and we were his first club,or if he had played for Rovers sometime in his career?

Makes me wonder whether people would have a different view of Ince if he had just finished playing and we were his first club,or if he had played for Rovers sometime in his career?

Maybe if he and his chums gained the necessary coaching qualifications straight and above board he'd gain a bit more credibility. The way this issue has developed implies possible learning difficulties.

Clutching at straws now Gord.

The new bloke has forgotten more about football in the last 20 minutes than you'll ever know.

And all education ever did for you was make you very repetative and predictable. Surely Grammar School didn't just text book clone you?

Maybe if he and his chums gained the necessary coaching qualifications straight and above board he'd gain a bit more credibility. The way this issue has developed implies possible learning difficulties.

Have Gareth Southgate got learning difficulties, Roeder and Grant?

Ince will get the qualifications, it is a requirement of his contract. "straight and above board"? Ince is not a criminal as far as I am aware and has not done anything illegal, you may know different.

I have not insulted you Gord, I have simply asked if the other managers like Grant, Roeder etc had learning difficulties too as they went through the exact same thing as Ince, otherwise it could be seen as a cheap insult with no foundation.

I have not insulted you Gord, I have simply asked if the other managers like Grant, Roeder etc had learning difficulties too as they went through the exact same thing as Ince, otherwise it could be seen as a cheap insult with no foundation.

No sorry imy but shillitoe was.

However

1. Roeder may well have developed some. He was undergoing treatment for a brain tumour for two years preceding his appointment.

2. England had just nicked Boro's manager, so I imagine whilst compensation was being didcussed that Steve Gibsons request to fast track Southgate was heard very sympathetically. (btw Still early days but I've a strong feeling that Southgate will do very well in management.)

Reverting to insulting me will not serve your purpose guys, nor will it get Ince through his exams.

Rem... No one can defend the indefensible.

What is "indefensible" about Ince? What evidence is there that he has "learning difficulties"?

The guy was born to an immigrant family in a deprived area of London. I would not be surprised if his education was not the best. Many of his contemporaries may well be in prison or dead. Ince has gone on to represent his country in his chosen field, work abroad and become a very rich, successfull individual. He is now the manager of one of the top football clubs in the country. All of which render your prepostrous ascertions ridiculous.

I may well be warned/banned for this but I simply believe that Paul Ince is from the wrong background and is the wrong colour for you.

However

1. Roeder may well have developed some. He was undergoing treatment for a brain tumour for two years preceding his appointment.

2. England had just nicked Boro's manager, so I imagine whilst compensation was being didcussed that Steve Gibsons request to fast track Southgate was heard very sympathetically. (btw Still early days but I've a strong feeling that Southgate will do very well in management.)

I come back after 5 weeks holidays and you're still banging on about your dislike of Ince. Get over it or go and play golf as you said you would until we change managers. Ince may not be the brightest intellectually but I'll bet he gets through his coaching badges. Don't think they're qualifications you're meant to fail. Never heard of anyone who wanted/needed to pass failing it certainly.

What is "indefensible" about Ince? What evidence is there that he has "learning difficulties"?

HE IS NOT HELPING HIMSELF. IT IS A BIG ISSUE AND HE HAS TO FULFILL THE TERMS OF HIS CONTRACT.

The guy was born to an immigrant family in a deprived area of London. SFW?

I would not be surprised if his education was not the best. SFW?

Many of his contemporaries may well be in prison or dead. SFW?

Ince has gone on to represent his country in his chosen field, work abroad and become a very rich, successfull individual. SFW?

He is now the manager of one of the top football clubs in the country. All of which render your prepostrous ascertions ridiculous. WHY?

I may well be warned/banned for this but I simply believe that Paul Ince is from the wrong background and is the wrong colour for you.

AHA! THE RACE CARD! NOWADAYS IT APPEARS TO HAVE BECOME THE ALL TOO FREQUENT FIRST REFUGE OF THE INTELLECTUALLY DERELICT. CHUCK ENOUGH MUD TACTIC EH CREOSOTE?

Hey guys, he reels you in every time!

Did you read the sick he gave me because I didn't want Allardyce and went on about it for a few days when it looked likely he would come? Don't know how many weeks he's been going on about Ince now but it's about time it stopped.

I come back after 5 weeks holidays and you're still banging on about your dislike of Ince. Get over it or go and play golf as you said you would until we change managers. Ince may not be the brightest intellectually but I'll bet he gets through his coaching badges. Don't think they're qualifications you're meant to fail. Never heard of anyone who wanted/needed to pass failing it certainly.

Eh? What are you on gumboot? Which part of the post you quoted suggested that I don't like Ince? My comments were solely about Southgate and Roeder. Are you just jumping on Creosotes shiny new racist bandwagon? :huh:

BUT

Inadvertantly Gumboots you have supported my argument. Thanks. ^_^ As you suggest the course is a bloody 'gimme' by all accounts, so any no show soon must be put down to either a real learning difficulty or an attitude issue. But hey... why have a go at me? I didn't make the rules you know.

AHA! THE RACE CARD! NOWADAYS IT APPEARS TO HAVE BECOME THE ALL TOO FREQUENT FIRST REFUGE OF THE INTELLECTUALLY DERELICT. CHUCK ENOUGH MUD TACTIC EH CREOSOTE?

Creosote at least has a point.

Even you must accept some of your posts are racist in content? Your derogatory reference to Shinawatra's generic appearance is but one example that springs to mind. That post was edited for racist content wasn't it?

You have often made references related to Ince's colour, even implying at one stage that this may have had some bearing on his appointment.

It's understandable therefore that readers would infer an underlying current of racism with your constant slurs and questioning of his intellectual ability.

You do seem to have 'issues'.

Did you read the sick he gave me because I didn't want Allardyce and went on about it for a few days when it looked likely he would come? Don't know how many weeks he's been going on about Ince now but it's about time it stopped.

Your objections to Allardyce was irrational by your own admission, this coaching issue is tangible, and will remain so until it is resolved either by Ince (et al) gaining his qualifications or being relieved of his duties.

Yeah......I know but in my opinion, it's better not to give his deliberately provocative posts any credibility by responding. It's how he gets his kicks I reckon.

However

I dont understand the argument, Roeder managed West Ham for TWO years before his tumour was discovered- he still got the Newcastle job and was given dispensation, Southgate got the job and he had no qualifications, do these guys have learning difficulties because they did not have the qualifications or is this reserved for Ince only?

Creosote at least has a point.

Even you must accept some of your posts are racist in content? Your derogatory reference to Shinawatra's generic appearance is but one example that springs to mind. That post was edited for racist content wasn't it?

You have often made references related to Ince's colour, even implying at one stage that this may have had some bearing on his appointment.

It's understandable therefore that readers would infer an underlying current of racism with your constant slurs and questioning of his intellectual ability.

You do seem to have 'issues'.

1. Boolox. If physical appearence is an issue the mods would be on overtime re: references to Fat, short, ginger, bald etc etc.

2. Every bloody press and media source referred to Ince's colour you buffoon! We were all heartily sick and tired of hearing those completely innacurate 6 words over and over again..... "The Premier ?

'issues' eh? Say what you mean you mealy mouthed git! Or you can just follow gumboots onto the Creosote bandwagon too.

Your objections to Allardyce was irrational by your own admission, this coaching issue is tangible, and will remain so until it is resolved either by Ince (et al) gaining his qualifications or being relieved of his duties.

Alardyce is still out of a job. Wonder why? Perhaps some of our Geordie guests could enlighten us.

1. Boolox. If physical appearence is an issue the mods would be on overtime re: references to Fat, short, ginger, bald etc etc.

2. Every bloody press and media source referred to Ince's colour you buffoon! We were all heartily sick and tired of hearing those completely innacurate 6 words over and over again..... "The Premier ?

'issues' eh? Say what you mean you mealy mouthed git! Or you can just follow gumboots onto the Creosote bandwagon too.

Personal abuse. What does this individual have to do to be issued with a ban? Time for him to go imo.

I dont understand the argument, Roeder managed West Ham for TWO years before his tumour was discovered- he still got the Newcastle job and was given dispensation, Southgate got the job and he had no qualifications, do these guys have learning difficulties because they did not have the qualifications or is this reserved for Ince only?

Dunno. Have Southgate and Roeder completed the course requirements since?

Personal abuse. What does this individual have to do to be issued with a ban? Time for him to go imo.

Stirring sod! You started it by implying that I am a racist. You're like one of those whingeing foreign footballers waving imaginary cards in the refs face in order to get an opponent booked.

Grow up, wise up... or shut up.

I'll just quote your earlier post of today, to illustrate your hypocrisy.

'Reverting to insulting me will not serve your purpose'.

Stirring sod! You started it by implying that I am a racist. You're like one of those whingeing foreign footballers waving imaginary cards in the refs face in order to get an opponent booked.

Tut tut Gordon.........

Absolutely hilarious!!!! You've waved one or two!! Dementia setting in!!

Sweet, sweet irony!

:lol::lol::lol:

Archived