BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Do You Approve Of The New Manager?

den

Paul Ince.  

580 members have voted

1. 1. Your views on the Paul Ince appointment?

• Devastated
    • Completely underwhelmed
    • Not sure, but initial feeling is disappointment
    • Prepared to wait and see
    • Might be good
    • Should work out OK
    • Very optimistic
    • Top man

1. Boolox. If physical appearence is an issue the mods would be on overtime re: references to Fat, short, ginger, bald etc etc.

How has fat, bald etc...got anything to do with your racist comments?

You're confusing adjectives with gratuitous ethnic insults.

Bald is a simple description that could apply to anyone; so too could fat/thin etc...

Your description of Shinawatra was a racial slur.

Your state of high dudgeon at Creosote's implication is frankly hypocritical.

You started it by implying that I am a racist. You're like one of those whingeing foreign footballers waving imaginary cards in the refs face in order to get an opponent booked.

Grow up, wise up... or shut up.

Unlike our fine upstanding English gentlemen that take the field at 3.00pm?

'Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel'..........

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this weekend will be very important for Ince.

A win/draw at West Ham and he remains undefeated. Nobody questions him or his signings.

Lose and suddenly people are thinking the Everton result was more to do with them being very poor than Rovers being great. Questions will start.

Losing before an International break is a real minging situation.

Maybe if he and his chums gained the necessary coaching qualifications straight and above board he'd gain a bit more credibility. The way this issue has developed implies possible learning difficulties.

Personally Gordon I'd give a lot more credibility to results and performances on the pitch than a couple of fairly meaningless badges.

The wally with the brolly has all his proper coaching badges doesn't he?

Anyhow what do you mean by "The way this issue has developed." The way it has developed is that Paul Ince has agreed as a term of his contract to complete the relevant courses? Is it not?

Your description of Shinawatra was a racial slur.

How do we know what this "slur" was if it was edited ?

Did the Drog call him a corrupt , murdering , human rights abusing , lying , two faced ba$tard ?

Or did he say something far worse ....like pointing out a couple of physical characteristics ? :o

Political Correctness is the last resort of the stupid -_-

Did the Drog call him a corrupt , murdering , human rights abusing , lying , two faced ba$tard ?

Or did he say something far worse ....like pointing out a couple of physical characteristics ? :o

I actually read the quote before it was edited.

Also the reason stated for it being edited (I think by Flopsy) was that it contained a racist comment.

Had he made the same comments verbally in public, he would quite rightly be facing arrest and a lengthy period in prison if he used the 'political correctness gone mad' line of defence.

It doesn't take a great leap of the imagination to empathise with Mr. Creosote's assertion that Theno just might therefore be motivated by underlying issues if racism against Ince with the continual 'mealy-mouthed', almost irrational smearing of Ince and the questioninbg of his IQ level and innate laziness........well I think its plain to see which way that argument is heading.

Why don't you just come out and say it Gordon?

I don't think it's political correctness to challenge Theno on an issue that he himself has raised negatively in the past; i.e. Ince's skin colour and the implication that the club's decision to appoint him was motivated by political correctness (there we go again) and that it was somehow doing him a favour.

I'm not politically correct at all. The irony is obviously lost on you, in claiming that I am motivated by political correctness; and then you repeat the tired mantra of 'human rights' abuses as a label against Shinawatra. Do you have proof that he's a murderer for example? Would you repeat that allegation in public and put your name to it?

Human rights abuses? Shinawatra took on armed drugs gangs and Moslem extremists from the south of the country. He was also elected, with a mandate by the Thai people, mainly the poor rural farmers from the east of Thailand, who have been neglected by the vested interests connected with Thai monarchy.. Good luck to him

I'm actually from the libertarian Gert Wilders school of thought; i.e. you should only judge people on how they act and what they say, not by their skin colour.

Thenodrog doesn't appear to be doing that in regard to Ince. That's all.

Dunno. Have Southgate and Roeder completed the course requirements since?

Stirring sod! You started it by implying that I am a racist. You're like one of those whingeing foreign footballers waving imaginary cards in the refs face in order to get an opponent booked.

Grow up, wise up... or shut up.

My point is that you said that Ince may have learning difficulties because he has not completed the course, I have cited three other managers who did not have the qualifications at the time of their appointment, do they have learning difficulties too or are the insults reserved for Ince? Simple enough question.

:lol:

Please tell me you meant that.

My attempt at subtle humour :P

Two days until the window closes and we're playing someone out of position at full back and we don't have an adequate right winger. Plus it looks like we're never going to be able to keep clean sheets.

Very, very worried. I really hope Ince has a couple of things lined up before the window shuts.

Ince having a decent start as a team manager regardless of today's result but he scares me in the transfer market.

Decent start :

V an Everton side in dissary had to have no one with any experience on the bench oldest a 19yearold ( that last gasp winner papering over the Ince cracks ) got hammered at home today by Pompey

V Hull couldnt break them down today they were broke down 5 times by Wigan ffs

V West Ham 4-1 shambolic defending v another club in dissary Curbishley under pressure after behind the scenes problems and being taken to the wire with macclesfield in midweek.

Decent start ???????????????????????

My point is that you said that Ince may have learning difficulties because he has not completed the course, I have cited three other managers who did not have the qualifications at the time of their appointment, do they have learning difficulties too or are the insults reserved for Ince? Simple enough question.

I've answered you once. Sorry but I can't be bothered doing it again.

I've answered you once. Sorry but I can't be bothered doing it again.

Sorry you did:

"1. Roeder may well have developed some. He was undergoing treatment for a brain tumour for two years preceding his appointment.

2. England had just nicked Boro's manager, so I imagine whilst compensation was being didcussed that Steve Gibsons request to fast track Southgate was heard very sympathetically. (btw Still early days but I've a strong feeling that Southgate will do very well in management.)"

Great argument, Roeder suffered a brain tumour TWO years AFTER he managed West Ham and Southgate.... well you did not comment on his learning difficulties.

Your answer was eloquent, my apologies. :rolleyes:

Agreed Phil; seems a majority of the people that bandy such cliches around are either stupid, ignorant or just as guilty of discrimination as whoever they're accusing.

You lot are becoming like Spurs fans.

Game against Everton, Ince is a top man!

Few weeks later, Ince out, Ince out!

Give the man a chance. We're not going down, theres easily 5 worse teams than us in this league.

QUOTE (J*B @ Aug 30 2008, 21:07 ) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You lot are becoming like Spurs fans.

Game against Everton, Ince is a top man!

Few weeks later, Ince out, Ince out!

Give the man a chance. We're not going down, theres easily 5 worse teams than us in this league.

Doesn't matter how many worse teams there are if they get results. What we need is at least 3 teams who get worse results. (Not a criticism of Ince who I'm still very hopeful of.)

Hang on , this is the second time in a month TND has used racist language on this site. He needs to grow up.

TBH, not read through the thread to check every post, context etc, going off what's been quoted I think there's a touch of over-sensitivity at play here. 'racism' is already a term used too readily, after all.

Too many yoghurt-eating, sandal-wearers around these days it seems, wish people could grow up and be as truly liberal as the people they seem to decry. If folks were less prepared to be 'offended' the world will be a better place IMO, it just seems to bring about so much stress to no avail.

Back to Incey - think today was a good character building day for him. Hughes would have just trotted out his 'bad day at the office' line again. There were positives, and negatives, it wasn't just the bad decisions but we capitulated too easily at the end. The Welsh goblin was always going to score though... (apologies in advance to goblins that may be offended)

Think we all agree Hughes was a very good manager for us, although some of the games were atrocious (especially last season at home).. compare Hughes first 4/5 games v Ince's start..

Keep the faith guys, we are forming a new team right now, agree bad result today; but it so easily could have been otherwise, we played very well against Everton, ok against Hull and very well against Grimsby.

Last season almost everything came through Bentley and / or teh long ball - iv been pleased with the WAY we have played so far, not all the time granted but I believe we will be better for it!

TBH, not read through the thread to check every post, context etc, going off what's been quoted I think there's a touch of over-sensitivity at play here. 'racism' is already a term used too readily, after all.

Too many yoghurt-eating, sandal-wearers around these days it seems, wish people could grow up and be as truly liberal as the people they seem to decry. If folks were less prepared to be 'offended' the world will be a better place IMO, it just seems to bring about so much stress to no avail.

Back to Incey - think today was a good character building day for him. Hughes would have just trotted out his 'bad day at the office' line again. There were positives, and negatives, it wasn't just the bad decisions but we capitulated too easily at the end. The Welsh goblin was always going to score though... (apologies in advance to goblins that may be offended)

So calling Ince 'negroid' is Ok then?

I don't know what has happened to our defence, but either Winterburn should come and sort it out, or go away!

Warnock is playing like a tosser who possibly may want away, but more petulantly may feel he deserves a pay rise .

Zurab, Ooijer looks the business with possibly Keith Treacy as left back.

Archived