BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Do You Approve Of The New Manager?

den

Paul Ince.  

580 members have voted

1. 1. Your views on the Paul Ince appointment?

• Devastated
    • Completely underwhelmed
    • Not sure, but initial feeling is disappointment
    • Prepared to wait and see
    • Might be good
    • Should work out OK
    • Very optimistic
    • Top man

4. Personally I have written on here that I am more upset about losing Hughes the businessman and talent scout than Hughes the manager. For once in my entire life BRFC was run by a manager as it should be and as I suspect as Jack Walker would have wished as a superb business model. Succesful and self financing and I still cannot see that continuing. I still don't like Ince's big headed 'guvnor' personality and I never shall just as I don't forget his attitude to BRFC either. He does not command my respect one bit and is replacing a man who did exactly that from the off.

5. Remember all that 'One swallow does not a summer make.'

Well theno, considering Hughes had no managerial experience when he came to the Rovers, don't you think some credit should go to John Williams for assisting in making it easy for Hughes to manage the team?

I see no reason for the running of the club to change, given that Ince will look after the footballing side and Williams the administration side.

I'm constantly amazed that no other club has come in for JW, as it's increasingly obvious that he is having a massive influence in the successful running of the Rovers, one that many clubs must be envious of.

As for your point 5; couldn't agree more. You're only as good as the next game you're about to play.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ahem....... I thought that acclaim was mine Tris (memo to self..must try harder). ^_^

BUT whilst all the in fighting is going on it's timely to remind all that

1. We are all BRFC fans and most have been for many years and ALL want BRFC to be as successful as possible. Maybe thats connected to the tensions running so high.

2. There is an old saying that 'football is all about opinions'.

3. We may have won our opening game (which appears to have suprised the 'Fors' just as much as the 'againsts' but since the end of last season we have all had one sh1t summer, with ever worse news following bad news.

4. Personally I have written on here that I am more upset about losing Hughes the businessman and talent scout than Hughes the manager. For once in my entire life BRFC was run by a manager as it should be and as I suspect as Jack Walker would have wished as a superb business model. Succesful and self financing and I still cannot see that continuing. I still don't like Ince's big headed 'guvnor' personality and I never shall just as I don't forget his attitude to BRFC either. He does not command my respect one bit and is replacing a man who did exactly that from the off.

So far in Inces rein as manager at blackburn I have swung from for to against so many times its daft..

I know its only one game so far, but I do have a feeling that Ince know how to get the best out of what he has, look at his acheivements at his former clubs Macc where as good as relegated and he turned the existing team around to the point that their form at the end of the season was top 4 standard.. MK Dons he made some wise investments spending little money and won the league for them and their cup...

I was really against the players that he was looking at (or rumoured to be looking at), he is new to the top level so it is going to take a little time for him to build up the knowledge of what is available, prices etc.. this flaw should of been addressed prior to him arriving but was not..

As for Fowler, he apparently has been offered a 6month pay as you play deal.. if you reckon he wont get many games which most of us believe then how is it going to cost us much.. can you think of a cheaper option that would add some experience to our backup this season (players on loan still have to be paid even if not playing and often come with a loan fee)?

We all doubt the Andrews signing.. but thats down to Ince and maybe Andrews is great playing a certain way and isnt adaptable.. but hey I would not mind him turning into another Bullard.

We are still short a few players (RM, Def Mid and stiker if we loose Benni) but there is still time yet to bring them in.. there is always a last minute flury of transfer activity and we still have the cash to splash.

For many of us the biggest problem is how long these dodgy transfers have taken, the whole Andrews and Fowler thing has taken since Ince started and still isnt resolved one way or another, lets just sit back and hope that he has been waiting for the Glory signing to sneak these guys in.

As for Hughes well he was an international manager.. as such he already had a view of the top end of the market, you can hardly blame Ince for his slow start in the transfer market, it's his first time managing at the top level, but he has brought in a decent team (barry certainly had a good rep as a scout) and he has not thrown money at the first available option. To me that is pretty good business, as for spotting talent we are yet to see what Ince comes up with for the money he has, so far he has stuck to cheap options and conserved the cash (Great business for someone starting out)... they all make mistakes, lets see what the rest of the seasons brings us.

Ahem....... I thought that acclaim was mine Tris (memo to self..must try harder). ^_^

BUT whilst all the in fighting is going on it's timely to remind all that

1. We are all BRFC fans and most have been for many years and ALL want BRFC to be as successful as possible. Maybe thats connected to the tensions running so high.

2. There is an old saying that 'football is all about opinions'.

3. We may have won our opening game (which appears to have suprised the 'Fors' just as much as the 'againsts' but since the end of last season we have all had one sh1t summer, with ever worse news following bad news.

Remember all that 'One swallow does not a summer make.'

Correct. Of course, on the other hand, you wouldn't have been on here at 4.45 Saturday afternoon saying "told you so" and urging the board to bring in Allardyce if the score had been reveresed at Goodison.

Would you?

"I still don't like Ince's big headed 'guvnor' personality and I never shall just as I don't forget his attitude to BRFC either. He does not command my respect one bit and is replacing a man who did exactly that from the off."

That has changed over the last couple of years in management though has it not?

His attitude to Rovers was as a player and that was how many years ago?

He does not command your respect? Well I am sure he will be upset to hear that but if the truth beknown he has the respect of the players and potential signings because of what he has achieved in his career both as a player and a manager.

I listened to Ince being interviewed after the Everton game, on the way to Hull match. He was relaxed and subsequently he came across a lot better than we've seen him up to now.

That is encouraging.

I think we have got ourselves a jeckyll and hyde character-

He seems to be winning the dressing room

The early indications on fitness levels excepting Benni Big Mac are encouraging

The early indications on attractive attacking football are encouraging

BUT

The early indications of transfer market ability are not

Gunner don't believe all you read. You obviously do not go to matches at Ewood so imo we should have signed Hull City's fitness coach during the summer. TV coverage frequently gives skewed impressions. Hull were getting stronger as the game wore on as we were fading, and imo if the match had gone to extra time they would have been most likely winners.

Gunner don't believe all you read. You obviously do not go to matches at Ewood so imo we should have signed Hull City's fitness coach during the summer. TV coverage frequently gives skewed impressions. Hull were getting stronger as the game wore on as we were fading, and imo if the match had gone to extra time they would have been most likely winners.

Don't forget I'm in Motherwell.

Roque seems to disagree with you:

“We are working, thinking and doing things better than last season. That’s what ambition is all about - to become better year after year.”

Link: http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport...ackburn_Rovers/

Roque seems to disagree with you:

“We are working, thinking and doing things better than last season. That’s what ambition is all about - to become better year after year.”

Link: http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport...ackburn_Rovers/

The picture in that article, it looks like JW is saying to Roque "Right you! You're f***in' staying at Rovers!" :lol:

That is encouraging.

I think we have got ourselves a jeckyll and hyde character-

He seems to be winning the dressing room

The early indications on attractive attacking football are encouraging

BUT

The early indications of transfer market ability are not

Lets hope he doesnt make the silly, stupid mistake of bringing his friends into the club via the payroll B)

Just for the purpose of balance, wasn't Hughes a 'work in progress' during his time with us? He improved - as we did - the longer he stayed. Shame he went, perhaps inevitable - but they've all got a shelf-life. The key is knowing when it is - a la Souness.

If Ince can be judged by the criticism on here declining - he's done superbly. Equally, he's bound to make some mistakes - he will have his Ritgers & Bruno Berners for sure - but it's the overall result surely that's important?

Anyone that seriously thinks/suggests Ince is here on some sort of charity work for his mates needs to start wearing one of these

anti-Paul Ince helmet (all the Ince fans are wrong, help me keep my sanity!)

Equally, he's bound to make some mistakes - he will have his Ritgers & Bruno Berners for sure - but it's the overall result surely that's important?

But Hughes was a success because, more often than not, he got it spot on in the transfer market. Rigters and Berner were very much exceptions, because on the whole Hughes got it spectacularly right; Bentley, Santa Cruz, Bellamy, Samba, Nelsen, Warnock...it's an impressive list.

If Ince can't get it right in the transfer market then we'll be screwed, there are no two-ways about it. He's got to prove he can adequately replace our most creative force, and at the moment there is no signing of that happening. It's a very worrying time in my opinion, and if Ince doesn't get it right in this window then we could undo all the good work done under Hughes very quickly.

Archived