BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Don't Sell Friedel!

I feel this deserves its own thread, I can't understand at all why he might be sold. He's one of the most important members of the team and has shown no signs of losing his superpowers. I'll be gutted if he goes, always thought he'd finish his career with us, the guys a true legend.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I feel this deserves its own thread, I can't understand at all why he might be sold. He's one of the most important members of the team and has shown no signs of losing his superpowers. I'll be gutted if he goes, always thought he'd finish his career with us, the guys a true legend.

Were you watching the same Freidel as I was last season. Tremendous keeper by all means but he was more error prone last season than ever before, signs were there that Rovers needed a replacement soon, from the looks of it it seems sooner rather than later.

Great keeper and I still think even though with some errors last season he was up there with the best keepers. Really hope he stays!

Were you watching the same Freidel as I was last season. Tremendous keeper by all means but he was more error prone last season than ever before, signs were there that Rovers needed a replacement soon, from the looks of it it seems sooner rather than later.

Great keeper and I still think even though with some errors last season he was up there with the best keepers. Really hope he stays!

I can remember him nearly cocking up a clearance away to Pompey, and of course Brum away was a shocker for the team all around but in general I thought last year was his best year out of the past few. (Utd at home for example but he was great all year).

How on earth David James beat him to the keepers spot in the PFA team of the year I have no idea but there were no other contenders apart from Brad and the vote backs up the notion that all footballers are stupid.

I can remember him nearly cocking up a clearance away to Pompey, and of course Brum away was a shocker for the team all around but in general I thought last year was his best year out of the past few. (Utd at home for example but he was great all year).

How on earth David James beat him to the keepers spot in the PFA team of the year I have no idea but there were no other contenders apart from Brad and the vote backs up the notion that all footballers are stupid.

Quite a few games Brad nearly made a cock up with his clearences, Coventry City and many other times he did not clear the ball but he was often very lucky that the ball did not fall to the opposition. I noticed it and im pretty sure most other Rovers fans noticed it but just turned a blind eye to it. He will ALWAYS be a legend at Ewood if he leaves or not.

And how many MOTM awards did big Brad get on here last season.....the man was immense!

And how many MOTM awards did big Brad get on here last season.....the man was immense!

Yes he did pick up a lot of MOTM awards but all i'm saying is that he did look more error prone than previous seasons. His kicking is not as convincing as before and a few judgement errors were made by Friedel aswell last season. Top quality keeper don't get me wrong and I wont be happy to see him go but there were signs of losing a bit of the old magic.

Bloody hell thats well harsh! Only one major cock up imo and he saved it for the last match of the season. And anyway who doesn't make the occasional rick? Witness Petr Cech's major cock up in Euro 08 when his error led to the elimination of the Czech Rep, Lehman, Robinson, James, Given, and Reina have all dropped more bolax than Freidal last season too if my memory is serving me well. Oh and Enckleman cocked up the FA Cup Final too.

He's never been good with his feet but more than makes up for it with his shot stopping ability.

Tell me blue n wite rover who in your opinion should we go for to replace him?

so he did'nt hoof the ball into the oppo half a few times and joined the entire team and manager in taking a day off against brum! Wow!!! He is, always hasbeen and has a few more years of being world class. If he donated both kidneys to orphans and gave all his money to charity it still would'nt change his standing in my book as the man is already held in the highest esteem.....I wanted ince as manager but i'd sack him in an instant and give brad the job before i let this happen!

Brad is and always will be a legend at ewood. But I am of the opinion that if we can get good money we should take it. Brad's been poor on crosses for a while. His work at free kicks has left a lot to be desired. I will always have Brad as one of my top players but sometimes you have to move on and brave decisions have to be made.

Astonishing, the player that on so many occasions kept us in so many matches and even won them for us, the only thing some fans can remember are the occasional mistakes he made. If he chooses to move then I can only wish him all the best Brad. But I hope he chooses to stay with us untill He decideds He can no longer cope with the demands of the Premiership...

Astonishing, the player that on so many occasions kept us in so many matches and even won them for us, the only thing some fans can remember are the occasional mistakes he made. If he chooses to move then I can only wish him all the best Brad. But I hope he chooses to stay with us untill He decideds He can no longer cope with the demands of the Premiership...

Im not trying to say hes a Sh!t keeper or anything like that. Yes I do remember all the games he kept us in and the amount of matches he won us a kept us in.

Derby, Sunderland, Man City, United, Liverpool, Chelsea, Newcastle etc and thats only this season. He is a class act no two ways about it but i'm just saying he did make a few errors last year and maybe Ince has taken note of that and may decide to sell him for £2.5million. Maybe we can improve in that department and find a better keeper than Friedel, yes it will be hard, but we dont see Brad everyday in training and we don't know what he has said to Ince.

Whatever Ince does i'll back him and whether that means selling Brad or not, the same way I had faith in Sparky I have the same faith in Paul Ince. We questioned a few of Sparkys decisions in the transfer market but how did that turn out. I said earlier, a bench warmer from Bayern, bench warmer from Hertha Berlin, bench warmer from Liverpool and an Arsenal Reject didnt turn out to bad for us did it?

Whatever Ince does i'll back him and whether that means selling Brad or not, the same way I had faith in Sparky I have the same faith in Paul Ince. We questioned a few of Sparkys decisions in the transfer market but how did that turn out. I said earlier, a bench warmer from Bayern, bench warmer from Hertha Berlin, bench warmer from Liverpool and an Arsenal Reject didnt turn out to bad for us did it?

Ince isn't Sparky.

We never sold someone who was easily the top 3 in the league for his position and ended up better for it, did we?

Ince isn't Sparky.

We never sold someone who was easily the top 3 in the league for his position and ended up better for it, did we?

Craig Bellamy?

Lucas Neill?

Easily could have been a consistent 20 goals a season player but the Clause was put in and we lost him. Lucas Neill was sold, one of the best Right backs in the Prem.

gamst said right before the end of the season that he had only seen friedel do one mistake since Morten arrived. and i thnk almost every newspaper over here had friedel as the keeper of the year, so its no way he have lost his ability.... YET

he is super. no doubt. but he WILL be less great the coming seasons, and probably retire in a couple. what then?

we have the opportunity to cash in 2.5 million on him now, and spend on a new one. some member said we need at least 5 million to replace brad, well now he can pay half of that himself. not bad for a club without any money.

regarding the drop in league pos if he leaves. that may well be, but it will happen within lets say three years anyway. i would concider the offer, but i would not sell unless there was a good replacement at hand. who knows, maybe brown is good?

Craig Bellamy?

Lucas Neill?

Easily could have been a consistent 20 goals a season player but the Clause was put in and we lost him. Lucas Neill was sold, one of the best Right backs in the Prem.

Bellamy wasn't in the top 3 strikers in the league. And his form since then seems to suggest that was an excellent season for him. Friedel has been top 3 over the last five or six seasons or so.

And Lucash? One of the best right backs in the Premier League? You sure? He seemed awfully keen to give away penalties. I wasn't remotely disappointed when he left.

You cannot even mention those two in the same breath as Brad.

This is all so bizare. In my mind, the only better keeper in the Premier League right now is Cech. David James and Robert Green have had fantastic spells in recent years, but are far too erratic and error prone. Van Der Sar has the worst kicking I've ever seen, which puts him behind Friedel. Last season he made a couple of mistakes, one or two more than in a regular season. At 37, he doesn't seem to be showing any signs of declining in terms of fitness nor in his all-round game. Making one or two mistakes is not him losing his magic. In fact, I'd go as far as to say that I reckon he could go for another two or three season yet, should he wish to.

Even if he didn't want to continue after next season, selling him now would be a huge mistake, unless Ince had a VERY good replacement already lined up, which I doubt he does. £2.5m isn't good money for Friedel, he'd be worth taht for his impact next season alone. He's loyal and genuinely seems to love the club. We shouldn't be looking at forcing him to move on.

Right now, the only keeper available who is even fit to clean Friedel's boots is Antti Niemi at Fulham. But he's in his 30's now as wel and hardly a long term replacement.

Sorry, but of a disjointed rambling, but it sums up my feelings in light of just finding out that Friedel might be on his way out!

Of course you would. They aren't right backs. You're hardly painting Lucas in gold with that comparision.

Bacary Sagna and the new boy at Chelsea Boswinga, are the only two I can think of that are better than Lucas, maybe Glenn Johnson. Better than the likes of Pascal "always wears his gloves" Chimbonda,Wes Brown, Belletti, Arbeloa, P Neville and the other right backs in the premiership.

Bacary Sagna and the new boy at Chelsea Boswinga, are the only two I can think of that are better than Lucas, maybe Glenn Johnson. Better than the likes of Pascal "always wears his gloves" Chimbonda,Wes Brown, Belletti, Arbeloa, P Neville and the other right backs in the premiership.

He's really not. I'd say most of those players you've listed are better than Lucash.

And with Lucash we could switch our team round to accommodate his depature. We can hardly do that with Friedel.

Archived