BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dressing Rooms

I came back from london a few hours ago, and while i was there i went over to Stamford bridge to take a look and join the stadium tour.

first of all it was not really a tour. we just walk around the seats, into the press room, and then into the dressing rooms. not very special compared to what rovers could offer when i took their tour a few years ago...

weill the dressing rooms. i just found it weird and got a tiny bit angry when i saw the contrast of the home, and the away rooms. the room for visitors was nothing really. just a regular room with a bench around the walls and two home-made-looking beds for massage. a tiny tiny board for illustrating tactics, behind the door!

then the room for chelsea - 5 premium beds and a kitchen. HUGE changing room with nice lockers, tv and a whole lot of drinks available. also there was a mega room with a big screen, internet connection and nice seats, for tactics and all the preparation you could ever need.

basically it all looked a bit silly. not really fair play i would say, and if i was the director of chelsea i would not feel comfortable with what i offered our visitors <_<

is this normal for premieship teams??

I came back from london a few hours ago, and while i was there i went over to Stamford bridge to take a look and join the stadium tour.

first of all it was not really a tour. we just walk around the seats, into the press room, and then into the dressing rooms. not very special compared to what rovers could offer when i took their tour a few years ago...

weill the dressing rooms. i just found it weird and got a tiny bit angry when i saw the contrast of the home, and the away rooms. the room for visitors was nothing really. just a regular room with a bench around the walls and two home-made-looking beds for massage. a tiny tiny board for illustrating tactics, behind the door!

then the room for chelsea - 5 premium beds and a kitchen. HUGE changing room with nice lockers, tv and a whole lot of drinks available. also there was a mega room with a big screen, internet connection and nice seats, for tactics and all the preparation you could ever need.

basically it all looked a bit silly. not really fair play i would say, and if i was the director of chelsea i would not feel comfortable with what i offered our visitors <_<

is this normal for premieship teams??

I seem to rem that home and away are identical at BRFC except that we do not provide visitors with a tactics board.

I seem to rem that home and away are identical at BRFC except that we do not provide visitors with a tactics board.

Correct.

I suspect the ones at Chelsea are the exception rather than the rule, when we went on the tour of the Bernabau, the away dressing room was a magnificent effort resplendent with jacuzzis etc.

You forgot the really important one. there are no hairdryers in the away dressing room at Ewood. (Cue Man U and Ferguson jokes)

Guess it's the other side of sports psychology.

Bit like trying to disrupt the mentality of the players, and team preparations.

Suppose it could have the reverse affect though.

Rite we''ll show um we don't need there heated bog seats.

Wow,u guys in england are lucky.lol.in south africa,the home teams have their dressing rooms,but the away team uses the bus to change or just changes on the side of the field.its all a bit silly,as there are a home an away change room,its just that away teams claim the other team use something called mooti(black magic)

When I was at uni I worked as a steward at Lincoln City FC (League Two - @#/?). Their dressing rooms left a lot to be desired. The home ones were ok, hardly luxurious as you'd expect for that level but the away ones had paint coming off the walls, a manky bench and I seem to remember they were decorated pink...

What's wrong with not providing state of the art luxuries for your opponent?

I'm not saying make them freeze or deal without basic necessities (shelter, electricity, and the like) But why would we want to pay for the other team to run a jacuzzi or those types of luxuries.

*5 home, 3* away sounds right to me. Our players get the comforts of home, the away side get a fully function "no-frills" room to prepare, but are clearly aware that they aren't being coddled.

We should go for the old Cambridge approach and take the light bulbs out, remove any source of heat and fill the changing room with large spiders.

Spot on Mr C.

IMO a cold showers and a roofless Portakabin outside the JW should do away teams nicely.

What's wrong with not providing state of the art luxuries for your opponent?

I'm not saying make them freeze or deal without basic necessities (shelter, electricity, and the like) But why would we want to pay for the other team to run a jacuzzi or those types of luxuries.

*5 home, 3* away sounds right to me. Our players get the comforts of home, the away side get a fully function "no-frills" room to prepare, but are clearly aware that they aren't being coddled.

i'll provide pictures soon :)

i think its unfair. especially by the big clubs. they should welcome the opponent, not stuff them away.

maybe i just got a little moody because of the guide, who could not stop talking about how chelsea never ever lose a match at home. haha.

On reflection perhaps you are right:

Spot on Mr C.

IMO a cold showers and a roofless Portakabin outside the JW should do away teams nicely.

NO NO NO

We don't want an eyesore outside the JW. Site it down behind the Indoor Centre :D

Other differences at Ewood include, that the freezer is about a third of the size in the away dressing room and the fridge is only switched on once the visitors get to the ground!

At another ground possibly Boro they paint the away dressing room purple and green which makes you feel dizzy and sick apparantly!!

Other differences at Ewood include, that the freezer is about a third of the size in the away dressing room and the fridge is only switched on once the visitors get to the ground!

At another ground possibly Boro they paint the away dressing room purple and green which makes you feel dizzy and sick apparantly!!

Thought that story was Newcastle.

Guess it's the other side of sports psychology.

Bit like trying to disrupt the mentality of the players, and team preparations.

Suppose it could have the reverse affect though.

Rite we''ll show um we don't need there heated bog seats.

Part of todays game sadly.

I toured the Amsterdam Arena last year and in the media room where the manager does all the press conferences,the very nice looking tour guide told us how the Ajax manager sits in quite a large leather chair at the centre of the table,whilst the away manager gets a much smaller chair right at the end of the table.

Hence whenever the Ajax manager referred to the away teams manager,the camera would always show the Ajax manager towering over him!

Archived