BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fifa 2009

How do you do a sharp turn on fifa like you can on pro evo? I can never seem to do them, my players seem to turn really slow and at a shallow angle hence I get tackled alot.

Hold L2 and tap back on the right analogue stick twice.

Anti-Dingle-Brigade Posted Today, 00:37

You can use the trick stick, there are some good tutorials on how to do tricks/celebrations and other stuff. I still can't juggle (kick ups) though!

Hold L2 and tap R1 (If you have a skill player doing it move the right analogue stick in a circle and he will perform the round the world)

The above are on the PS3 but I guess it will be the same on the 360

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use the arena to master certain moves or shots. Iv got the placed shot spot on now and its making a big difference to me in games against others when I hit a 30 yarder and it just flies into the top corner.

Iv improved a lot on this game over the last few months. My best winning streak so far is 26 games.

Shame we haven’t still got a competitive league going.

Is anyone on here part of a club that has played some games against other clubs?

I find the Arena completely different to games due to the camera angle. I was messing around with Manual shooting the other day and the camera angle right behind the player in arena, it was pretty easy to score. But during the game it couldnt hit a barn door as the camera angle was different, so I couldnt see the same angles etc.

Is there any way to change arena camera into game camera?

I find the Arena completely different to games due to the camera angle. I was messing around with Manual shooting the other day and the camera angle right behind the player in arena, it was pretty easy to score. But during the game it couldnt hit a barn door as the camera angle was different, so I couldnt see the same angles etc.

Is there any way to change arena camera into game camera?

You can not change the arena camera but you can change the in game camera to 'Be a Pro' camera and this will give you same view as the arena.

Must admit though that for practicing the tricks it would have been nice to have the camera the same as the tele cam in the arena

I dont find it to be a problem. Its the same technique involved and the same amount of power in your shots... just side ways on.

I was drawing 2-2 with one guy last night (fairly good too) with Blackburn v Celtic, went into extra time and lost a man (Givet) but then went on to win 4-2 by scoring 2 25 yarders from Benni!

How many on here still play Fifa regulary?

Because I have got rid of most of my games in preparation for the new bunch coming out Fifa has been on quite a bit lately. It is annoying me though as games just seem to hang half way through a game. Its not just me as other people seem to be reporting the same thing.

There are of course still some absolute idiots out there that quit out through the start menu - I wish these people could be given some sort of three strikes and your out warning.

What do you mean by quit from the start menu Cocker?

What games you waiting for Cocker?

From what I understand if someone is getting hammered and they pause the game and quit in that menu the game wont always mark them down as quitting out - even if it didn't do that it still upsets me. I never quit even when I am getting stuffed.

(The other games I am waiting for are talked about in the new games thread :rolleyes: )

Ah is that how they get around getting a result against them!?

Iv got about 7% DNF but thats all purely down to connection problems. I had a problem with my broadband for a few weeks where it was constantly cutting my connection to PSN and losing me games.

I think I still have a 0% DNF. Always makes me laugh when somebody picks a 2-3 star team, so I go ahead and pick Accy Stanley and then they switch to Man Utd. Someone did it yesterday and I just decided to have a go, scored in the 70th odd minute and he instantly quit.

Annoying not to get the wins registered but great seeing glory hunters losing to teams like Stanley.

I play offline at least once a week, and online for about 2-3 hours a week. Play with my friends mainly.

I just don't understand why quitting doesn't count as a win for the other person and make it worth 2/3 defeats for the quitter. With the current settings there's very little reason not to quit. My only DNF's come from connection problems.

Just been trying out manual passing. Got to say I love it. I play a posession, short passing based build up and try and play throughballs at the right time. As on manual passing the ball goes where you instruct it to rather than to a players feet on automatic, you can do some great through balls without having to use triangle. Makes your play so more creative. Only in the early stages but just won 5-1 on semi pro. Will try and get good enough to win on the top level then try online.

Think it will be difficult online due to the speed people play at and always chose barca and man u.

Anyone else play on manual?

Ah sorry - meant for PS3.

Iv set a club up with a couple of mates - but there is only 3 or 4 of us who are up for it - and to play games you need a minimum of 3 players online at any time. So we are trying to get a few more then we dont have to always arrange suitable times to play, as hopefully there will always be enough to play online.

Ah sorry - meant for PS3.

Ah well never mind. I was looking at doing something for the 360 but just haven't got round to starting a thread yet - I've no idea how the clubs thing works as the help screen is very poor - can you explain it a bit better? All I know is there are "achievements" to be had...

Great game - still playing it more than anything else - I am now an official convert from Pro Evo (RIP Evo my old friend - we had some great times :closedeyes: )

Basically you set up a club (call them what you want) and pick a team for your club to use.

It doesnt matter which team you pick as they are all equal and all players have equal stats.

You need a minimum of 3 players, but can have a squad of say 50 if you want. Now obviously only 10 can play at any one time as the keeper is always controlled by the captain of the team.

So if you have 3 online, you all go into the dressing room and then apparently from there, you can start a game against another team. The gamers who are playing then pick a player each I think and then the rest are controlled by the computer (I think this is the case anyway). And away you go.

Iv still to play a game yet, so hopefully il know more after our planned club games tomorrow night.

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you who play Xbox Live, I was on yesterday and came up against a player with the username Bfc93 (skill points over 100,000) and he then went on to select the Dingles. Therefore I had to be Rovers, and although I'm usually so so on the game I focused my efforts and absolutely battered him, was winning 5-0 with about 75 on the clock, when he quit.

It was a great feeling.

Look for him/her when you play the game.

New online add-on coming to the game in the next week or so. Ultimate team or something I think its called. Basically you make your own online team, buying up the best players if you can, based on points etc. Looks quite good.

New online add-on coming to the game in the next week or so. Ultimate team or something I think its called. Basically you make your own online team, buying up the best players if you can, based on points etc. Looks quite good.

Sound like a good idea if done properly - got a link hughesy?

There is a video/ trailer on Playstation network - not too sure about Xbox live.

Check easportsworld or whatever they call the website. There is info about it on there.

Not quite sure how it will work yet, because surely once the best players are gone once, they are gone? Or will more than 1 person be able to buy Rooney, Kaka etc? You earn points to buy the players and you also need to purchase contracts to give to your players so they dont get snapped up by others too.

Archived