BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fifa 2009

So the room with the Ps3 just lost internet. Crap.

Edit:Ah just got your PM, hope you dont think I pulled the plug. We were down 1-0 yes, but you had about 17 yellows, so I think we'll call it even :P

Connection also dies once our next game has just finished eh??? :rolleyes:

6-0 still registered anyway mate - call it even, although it should of been 10 :P

Also lost to Lindop 1-0 earlier - think god was on his side :D

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also lost to Lindop 1-0 earlier - think god was on his side :D

Think you must be developing 'Wenger vision' mate. Could have been a few more goals if Santa didnt keep striking the bar :DB)

Any chance of the league being updated please. Im not sure where I am?

You cant ban all teams with fast players. Villa are another.

So have i to let the 3-0 stand then american?

Just played kingmullsy 3-3 (was 3-0 up and then he came back).

2nd match v kingmullsy Lost it 3-2

Also just kicked out we-are-stoke & norts2k as neither have played a single game. Il amend the league later on and also sort out the latest games - not that many people have been playing!

Well what we doing about this new league? We going to get it set up or not? Do we want less in this new league (i.e. exclude the likes of shaneyEv, gidster, robwells - all 3 I invited and none of them have played much)

Iv played alot of my games, played all 3 of my games against quite a few of you guys now.

Im happy to set up the new league whenever given the go ahead - How about no 4 1/2 or 5 star teams and just let people pick their own team? Alot more 4 star teams to pick from on there.

Count me in Hughesy. I'll be on more tonight i think if anyone wants to get a few games out of the way. I've played all my matches with Cocker and Hughesy i think. I've played about 2 with a fair few of you, so we need to get the rest wrapped up.

I think we'd be better off with less in the new league. Go with the ones that have played a lot in this league IMO, but its upto you Hughesy.

Either less in the new league that will play plenty of games or IF anyone has met any good online players who will play alot of games? Do we want to play each other more too? Say maybe 5 games V opposition?

Im not bothered on the format of teams (4, 41/2 - whatever) but I would prefer to pick my own team - thoughts please.....? Think if we pick, il pick a brazilian team.

Hughesy - has there been more than 10 regularly active members of the league? Ie people that have played off their own back without having to be prompted? I think the new league should be built around the 10/12 most reliable players, then we will all be able to get more out of it.

Guys,

I wont be joining the next league as my gaming time is limited and over the next couple of month there will be a bunch of other new games that I will be picking up so fifa may be dropping down the pecking order for a while.

Some may say though that I am not joining because its making me cry loosing so much - I will leave you to decide :P

Count me in Hughesy. I'll be on more tonight i think if anyone wants to get a few games out of the way. I've played all my matches with Cocker and Hughesy i think. I've played about 2 with a fair few of you, so we need to get the rest wrapped up.

I think we'd be better off with less in the new league. Go with the ones that have played a lot in this league IMO, but its upto you Hughesy.

Have we played our three games ITHD??

All this talk of new leagues we havnt finished this one yet. I say boot the people who have only played a few games (not my brother) and lets get this one done with first.

Think Hughsey is worried that he might not win this one any more.

:D

Ha, not at all Lindop/ Dopper – it’s the taking part that counts for me. I couldn’t care about winning, It would be nice but I much rather have good opponents than win a league easy. Hence why in the new league il be a weaker team. Think im already in about 6 leagues, and to be fair, this is the only league that has actually worked (to a point) and there are good players in. You will win the league im sure (no pressure!).

Ok we can limit the league abit more then so that the league doesn’t fail due to non-players.

So who do we have?

Dwagzy (if he can be City only)

Blueblood

Lindop

T4E

T4E your mate Conormont?

Ihtd

Brettlin?

ADB if he has time?

Egg, American12 & Redgengis have also played a few without being prompted.

Anyone else? Anyone met any online players who could be trusted to play their games?

I were thinking of picking LA Galaxy in the new league, i've beat a few people who've played as Barca, Real, Man Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea online with them, probably because they were crap players but i think i might take the risk against the better players on here as them, probably get beat about 15-0 v Dopper though :D

So 4 star and under then?

Think i will do some scouting for a new team this weekend then - see what is about for four stars. Might even be Blackburn again :brfc:

The league games do not take into account the Adidas live season data though do they? So any team picked should not fluctuate for league matches?

Think I will be going Brazilian or Spanish. Flamingo and Boca are both very good teams. As for LA Galaxy i have used them a lot and its a disgrace that they are only rated two star - should be three IMO. I think that FIFA put them in as a 'bogey' team along with Leeds, who are also good and two star rated.

I assume that International teams wil be allowed - I wonder what Rating Nigeria are??

There should be a lot of good teams at four star and below and it will filter out the four and a half star teams taht are touching five stars also.

B)

So 4 star and under then?

The league games do not take into account the Adidas live season data though do they? So any team picked should not fluctuate for league matches?

B)

Good point – they shouldn’t change. Yeah I think 4 and lower would be good and remove any of the “they should be 5 star” claims.

Can’t believe how effective LA Galaxy are on the game. Only played 1 guy who was them online and I just could not stop L Donovan – think he bagged 3 in about 30 minutes against me. I also played a guy the other night who was Forrest and they played very well against me.

I found a new team last night that Ive never even heard of much in the past and they surprised me when I tried them out. Il still be having a scout for other teams however as they weren’t perfect.

Some handy 4 star teams include – Santos, Galatasary, Espanyol, Newcastle,

Yeah man, the 3-0 should stand. It was unlucky but the rules were set upon way before the first game was played. I won't joint he second league only because I think the distance with me over here makes all the games I play lag and while I'm used to it on my Uni network sucking, I don't think anyone I plays enjoys it.

My results tonight:

Bretlin_90 (Wigan) 2 - 0 Lindop (Rovers) :o just one of those games

Egg69 (Man City) 1 - 4 Lindop (Rovers)

Edit - Not an excuse but has anybody noticed a load of lag in the past couple of days. I've got bloody 16mb internet and its working on my laptop and other PS3 games a treat, but FIFA has been horrendous!!!!

I won't be playing any game anytime today, my girlfriend has gone and broken my joypad, she knocked it off the bedside table last night. So when i went to play a game this morning online, realised none of players can sprint because the R2 button doesn't work anymore and when i press the PS button, it'l go onto the menu, but i cannot control anything on it. I am not very happy right now, its my 21st birthday tommorrow, she can get me a new one with the Dual Shock i think :)

Fire her, don't tempt me, i'm disgusted that she could treat my lil' baby like that. lol :)

Think i'll be taking her GHD's hostage tonight :P

Played Hughesy last night and was beaten in both. In the first one he just kept whacking it to Vela(?) then squaring it to Adebayor and I couldn't handle it. I changed tactics for the second game and it was 1-1 til the 85th minute when he hit me with a double.

Got my first win this morning against T4E. Think God was on my side, he missed sitter after sitter. I kept missing chances at the start when he brought his keeper out but lobbed him eventually.

neilt4e (t4e) 1-3 wnxsniper (ADB)

Archived