BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fifa 2009

I have to say that some of the players in this league are far better than any other league I've been in, Brettlin gave me a very good game, he was passing the ball around at the back when he was 2 - 1 up so I couldn't get it, though I managed to force a mistake to get the equaliser.

As you said hughesy, if I find space then I can usually find the right pass, my main problem is shooting though, I've missed so many opportunities only to lose a goal from a break away at the other end. Once I get to know the best mix of power and accuracy, I should be able to win games easier. In a lot of games against the public I'll have had 5 - 10 shots hitting the post keeper etc and they'll have had 2 - 3 scoring at least once.

I did the same in our 2nd game too last night. Kept it tight and then my keeper went and gave it to your attacker in about the 44th minute, just as I was contemplating a 0-0 half time! What a plank :lol: Also last night my strikers were poor, just could not score, kept blazing them over!

Think you will take some stopping to win this league - hopefully some of the guys on here will do better against you.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My results for tonight:

Rover95 (AS Roma) 0 - 0 Lindop (Rovers)

Rover95 (AS Roma) 0 - 6 Lindop (Rovers)

The first game really frustrated me - to the point that my control pad was very nearly launched at the cat. I dont know what tatics Rover95 was using but I could not get the ball past his midfield.

:brfc::rover:

Could only get on late but today i was on fire - why aint more of you online right now. Amended my tactics abit and also playing slightly different.

Blueblood 8 v brettlin_90 0

Blueblood 12 v Dwagzy 0 (He gave up abit towards the end and the last 3 were due to that probably)

Blueblood 5 v robwells 2

Blueblood 2 v robwells 1

Other results tonight are just them 2 of lindops and also a 0-0 draw with mubuse & dwagzy

I had a basketball match last night so luckily Hughesy, I escaped your hot streak by the sounds of it. Probably for the best because i were playing yesterday morning, ranked matches and i were awful, i mean i couldn't string a pass together at all. I think i had about 2/3 shots in 2 games, thats how bad i were playing.

My results for tonight:

Rover95 (AS Roma) 0 - 0 Lindop (Rovers)

Rover95 (AS Roma) 0 - 6 Lindop (Rovers)

The first game really frustrated me - to the point that my control pad was very nearly launched at the cat. I don't know what tactics Rover95 was using but I could not get the ball past his midfield.

:brfc::rover:

Ha Ha, Brilliant. I had turned off all the computer help before I played our first match and then played a few other people online - as it turned out I was still rubbish so the conclusion is it must be me that cant play :lol:

Anyway, given my awfulness I figured that there was no point in having a defence because I cant tackle so I stuck 5 in midfield and 2 up front. I thought that most of the play is in the middle so I guessed that if I cant tackle that running into my players might do the trick - obviously it didn't help me score but also it didn't let you kill me.

Game 2

Given game one I thought I had got the hang of things so changed it all round. By the time the third goal went in I couldn't be bothered changing tactics and decided to have a little cry again.

Could only get on late but today i was on fire - why aint more of you online right now. Amended my tactics abit and also playing slightly different.

Blueblood 8 v brettlin_90 0

Blueblood 12 v Dwagzy 0 (He gave up abit towards the end and the last 3 were due to that probably)

Blueblood 5 v robwells 2

Blueblood 2 v robwells 1

Other results tonight are just them 2 of lindops and also a 0-0 draw with mubuse & dwagzy

Following on from this, both Dwagzy & robwells are not happy with their teams. Dwagzy wants to quit, however robwells is happy to continue I think. What do people suggest for those that want to quit? I dont think its really fair on the people who have played them as I have beaten Dwagzy twice with an aggregate score of 18-2.

Following on from this, both Dwagzy & robwells are not happy with their teams. Dwagzy wants to quit, however robwells is happy to continue I think. What do people suggest for those that want to quit? I dont think its really fair on the people who have played them as I have beaten Dwagzy twice with an aggregate score of 18-2.

But if people want to quit and are not alowed they might not play their games any more so the league will die anyway

I don't mind - if they quit there isn't really much we can do about it. The results should be nulled though really - so everyone plays the same ampunt of games.

My brother tells me that half of your Arsenal squad were invisible for last nights game ha ha ;)

Edit - Cocker playing the five in midfield was very effective. It was as if the pitch wasnt wide enough to accomodate all the midfileders - thats why I ended up taking Dunn off :lol:

But if people want to quit and are not alowed they might not play their games any more so the league will die anyway

True, but they shouldn't be allowed to quit just so they can come back as a better team, I'm not particularly happy with who I'm playing as but I'm not going to quit and cause aggro for the people that have already played me.

Really? Is that his excuse for the battering? Must of happened for everyone then eh! ha ha!

I think Cocker said there is something around making a sub that fixs it?

Yeah thats fine - just abit gutting for me as Iv already got the points in the bag against people like him.

Ok il let him quit then (he wants to be his beloved City), i also emailed about 7 or 8 of the members last night to see if they were going to play or wanted to be kicked out.

Well I shall be on tonight from around 7ish so Invite me to as many games as you want to play.

We should have picked the top 20 teams and just randomly assigned them to people. That would stop people from moaning.

Personally I dont think that there is a massive difference between a 3 star and 4 1/2 star team and I seem to be doing OK with Blackburn even when fielding the Axe and Roberts.

The mistake that EA (and most other footy games) keep making is allowing pace to be a deciding factor IMO. But if you know your opposition are just going to pass to Ronaldo and run down the wing it can be easily stopped with some tatical decisions.

As a side note is there any way to keep track of the top scorers in the league - I'm sure this was on FIFA 08 but I havn't seen it yet?

We should have picked the top 20 teams and just randomly assigned them to people. That would stop people from moaning.

Thats perfect. All we need to do is find 20 people, have them all nominate a team, then randomnly draw them.

Perhaps we should do that when this league finishes.

Yeah but people still cry off. + whoever gets United & Chelsea have got an unfair advantage. Where as with 4 1/2 to 3 1/2 there isnt a big difference. I think we are best sticking with a no 5 star team rule and allow people to pick teams. So for the next league - who do people want as their team?

Dwagzy wants to quit because he is only any good as City, but he actually got Villa. Now if I was him, id be more than happy with Villa. Infact they would probably be my choice now.

Yeah I think the top scorer bit is on the squad list page where you press R1 or something and it goes to that page? Im sure I saw it?

Really? Is that his excuse for the battering? Must of happened for everyone then eh! ha ha!

I think Cocker said there is something around making a sub that fixs it?

Aye, that is his excuse :D

Sometimes making a sub does get rid of this however I have played an entire game against England when Rooney and Gerrard were invisible even after making subs/half time etc...

Can we not set up a vote to determine the twenty teams that will be in the next league? Say every one lists their top 10 and the 20 with the most votes go through - something like that??

Just chipping in here as I'm trying to start the 360 league but I had an idea how you could do it....

How about you take the premiership as it stands, the person who won your last league gets the team currently at the bottom (Spurs) the runner up second bottom (Geordies) and so on and so forth. So the decent players have the Spurs through to Middlesbro and the previous no hopers now get Chelsea and Man U and er, ahem, Hull - but hey the stats are updated in real time so they should be about 4 stars now?

Might even it out a bit and make some previous walkovers a bit more interesting. :D

No our league isnt finished - ifs thats the plan, then il be losing all my remaining games! ha ha

I think we should see who people want to be (not 5 star) and see if we can accomodate everyone?

If there is a team more than 1 wants, then we will have to pick the one who gets them maybe via a playoff if both users select the same team - winner gets their choice??

So list your choice of team.

Il start it:

Dwagzy1983 - Man City

Blueblood - Not bothered (il pick after everyone has their choice)

Lindop - ?

T4E - ?

Cocker - ?

Anyone else who is interested........

But would people not lose interest if they cant be who they want to be? Like they have this time for a few.

Also who would draw them and how do we know they are being fair?

Plenty of 4 1/2 star teams.

City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Villa, Tottenham, Everton, Werder Bremen, Athletico, Seville, Valencia, Villareal, Lyon, Shalke, Fiorentina, Roma. So thats 15 4 1/2 star teams (although they can fluctuate from between 4 and 5.

Personally id prefer to pick my side - even if it didnt come from the above list.

Ok guys,

my only game tonight:

Blueblood84 (Le Arse) 0 - 1 Lindop (Rovers)

Finished all my games with Hugsey now and I have enjoyed them. I believe we drew (2-2), I lost (2-1) and won (1-0)

Very close games!

B):rover::brfc:

Edit - Can I just add that Hughsey's Le Arse are a very dirty bunch :o

Archived