BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fifa 2009

Dont think Fifa matches up to our league, but looking at the results iv posted on here the league seems right, but fifa wrong!?

Who is not matching up? I can't see FIFA being wrong (even if it is made by EA)

I,ve checked mine and it matches with FIFA 8wins, 2 draws and two losses.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How are people managing to hold my defenders off when running? I can't do it for some reason. Its only a matter of time before Lindop takes top spot in the league.

Guest Kamy100

If you look on the FIFA forums there are lots of people complaining that the tables within FIFA are often wrong, that is why quite a lot of people use sites like League Republic to record results.

How are people managing to hold my defenders off when running?

Never give away my secrets :P:D

I think it would be a good idea if we implemented a minimum two games a week just to keep the bottom end of the table ticking over. Obviously excluding any people on holiday etc...

3!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::P

Dont worry I have it right on the league, just typed it wrong on here.

Who is not matching up? I can't see FIFA being wrong (even if it is made by EA)

I,ve checked mine and it matches with FIFA 8wins, 2 draws and two losses.

Brfc1987 isnt matching to fifa, but our league matches to all those iv posted on here

If you look on the FIFA forums there are lots of people complaining that the tables within FIFA are often wrong, that is why quite a lot of people use sites like League Republic to record results.

Correct Kamy - we will stick with our league

Lost again to redgengis 3-1, hes very good. My money goes on him inning the league.

He plays 5 in the centre of the pitch - sweeper, ctr defender, defensive midfielder, ctr mid & ctr attacking mid - its very effective and I found myself playing a different way to try and beat him

Another humiliating night for me again :(

There are just some things I cant get to grips with:-

1. Their player turns my defender and I cant catch them

2. My player turns my defender - they catch me no problem.

3. Sometimes when the ball is played forward my defender suddenly stops even though I am still running towards the ball and they are through.

4. Sometimes I make 3 tackles winning the ball and they still come away with it.

Not to over exaggerate but after about the 6th heavy loss last night I felt as if something had been stolen from me.

If anyone wants me I will be over with the developers of Fight Night who have asked if they can use me a punch bag

Cocker – have a look at your tactics – are your defenders getting too close to attackers? Hence why they are being turned so easy? I had a similar problem but iv learned to back off abit and also iv adjusted my tactics so they don’t put too much pressure on.

Also sounds like your having a problem with not having full control over your players – maybe best trying new things with your controls, turn off or on some of the assisted functions & maybe test them in unranked games to see what works best for you.

Id be happy to finish 3rd in this league now I think!

Latest League Table

Cocker – have a look at your tactics – are your defenders getting too close to attackers? Hence why they are being turned so easy? I had a similar problem but iv learned to back off abit and also iv adjusted my tactics so they don’t put too much pressure on.

Also sounds like your having a problem with not having full control over your players – maybe best trying new things with your controls, turn off or on some of the assisted functions & maybe test them in unranked games to see what works best for you.

Cheers for that. Think I will have a go at turning ALL the assists off and go from there.

As for the tactics could someone tell me if you can save and load a previous setting? What I see is that you can go in and make changes. When you come out it asks you if you want to save the changes but doesn't give you the option to load up the old one - even though its in the list. I just find it annoying that you have to keep going in making changes. It seems to make a massive difference if you do though.

Yeah you make your changes, it then asks if you want to save in one of the slots, which you do.

Then in future when you want to load those tactics, simply go into tactics, press x on default tactics and then select yours from the list you have previously saved.

Yeah you make your changes, it then asks if you want to save in one of the slots, which you do.

Then in future when you want to load those tactics, simply go into tactics, press x on default tactics and then select yours from the list you have previously saved.

Ah ok. Well this might help things then.

Cheers

Ah ok. Well this might help things then.

Cheers

My thoughts on Defending:

Firstly one of the best options to change, I feel, is the player selection. Change this from assisted to manual or semi assisted. This gives you much greater control of defenders who are not on the ball.

Secondly when defending try not to hold x to press the attacking player as this just allows the likes of Torres and Adebayor to turn your defender quickly. Back of then go in for the kill.

Thirdly you can also hold o when defending and it gets a computer controlled teammate to help you out. This works very well however be carefull not to leave too big a gap in your defence.

I found that this helped my defending a lot because as you know Blackburn's defenders are quite shocking in this game.

Il be interested to see how you lot do against redgengis - Brettlin got a draw from him, but I was terrible against his style of play.

I too always use the pressure from another player whilst defending with the gamer controlled player too. It works quite well, but if they are quick at passing then that becomes useless!

Il be interested to see how you lot do against redgengis - Brettlin got a draw from him, but I was terrible against his style of play.

I too always use the pressure from another player whilst defending with the gamer controlled player too. It works quite well, but if they are quick at passing then that becomes useless!

I've p[layed one match against him a few weeks ago and lost 2-1.

Ok if the ones who have only played 0 or 1 games dont play anymore by sunday night, then il be kicking them out as they are only slowing the rest of us down (except maybe ADB). That sound fair? Otherwise people will start to loose interest in the league.

Ok if the ones who have only played 0 or 1 games dont play anymore by sunday night, then il be kicking them out as they are only slowing the rest of us down (except maybe ADB). That sound fair? Otherwise people will start to loose interest in the league.

Sounds fair to me mate.

Just hope a patch comes out to get rid of the 'sidestepping' glitch. It frustrates the hell out of me!

I have to say that some of the players in this league are far better than any other league I've been in, Brettlin gave me a very good game, he was passing the ball around at the back when he was 2 - 1 up so I couldn't get it, though I managed to force a mistake to get the equaliser.

As you said hughesy, if I find space then I can usually find the right pass, my main problem is shooting though, I've missed so many opportunities only to lose a goal from a break away at the other end. Once I get to know the best mix of power and accuracy, I should be able to win games easier. In a lot of games against the public I'll have had 5 - 10 shots hitting the post keeper etc and they'll have had 2 - 3 scoring at least once.

That sidestepping glitch is driving me crazy as well especially when it costs you a goal in a close match. I feel bad scoring against someone when it happens to them just because i know how angry it makes me when its me on the receiving end of it.

Sounds good to me mate, hopefully that'll prompt some people in to playing. As I say, I think ADB has plans to stay involved, he seems sound enough so I'm sure he will.

That sidestepping glitch is driving me crazy as well especially when it costs you a goal in a close match. I feel bad scoring against someone when it happens to them just because i know how angry it makes me when its me on the receiving end of it.

What glitch?

What glitch?

For example you will play a 40 yard through ball to your attacker, he sprints to meet the ball, then when he gets within 5 metres of controlling the ball he starts side stepping really slowly enabling the opposition to catch you up.

It drives me absolutley bonkers!!

Archived