BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fifa 2009

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dont be too harsh on yourself, i checked the stats after the game and it was 20 shots vs 2 shots. Did you see the crunching challenge on Bentley?? Oooooh Tasty!

Spurs aint bad on Fifa, but you just need to work out your formation and style of play. Do you use the custom tactics?

Which board member is that - own up? Did he quit or did it disconnect?

Just played Anti Dingle.

I'm not sure if it was deliberate or not, I wouldn't like to say. Either way I was disappointed not to get the win.

Just lost my 1st game to Cocker. He beat me comfortably thanks to a decent goal and a dodgy penalty. I didnt play that well, but credit to him, he played very well. Watch out boys this guy has improved! ha ha

Well it wasnt that convincing. To be honest it was a game full of problems. In the first half we both noticed the lag - which disappeared for me in the second half at least - if you still had it then thats probably the reason you didn't bag one. Also, I don't know if you noticed me pausing it and making subs in the second half? I was doing this because you had the invisible man and from what I gather when the game glitches like this you can kick the ball out and make a sub and he comes back - not sure what you do if you have used all your subs. Hopefully there will be a patch to fix this soon.

The skills video that I posted yesterday will end up being my down fall. I will end up practicing those moves and keep loosing the ball in games. Look good first and win second - I cant help it.

As for the guy that quit on T4E, if he owns up on here and says the connection just dropped - which can happen then fair enough. If he keeps quiet because he may be a dreaded quitter then he should be booted from the league. Thats what I say anyway - I just hate quitters.

Guest Kamy100

Hughesy or anyone else if you provide me a list of all the teams and the managers then I can set you up with an online league and results page. We did this in another league that I play, what happens is that people post the results in a thread and then one person updates the website, it is particularly good for occassions such as what has happened with T4E when someone has quit and he doesn't get the result, or if it is genunie disconnection you can have a rematch and the result then entered onto the table.

You you beat me & the invisible man 2-0! Oh god, I must of been bad!

Yeah the lag annoyed me and was there for most of the game. After that game against you however I improved. I lost my winning streak of 12 to a last minute fluke, but then iv since won 4 in a row. Up to skill level 6 now and smashed someones unbeaten 12 game streak at the end last night.

Sounds good Kamy. Il get you the list tonight, unless of course someone else does it prior to then.

You not going to get the PS3 game? We have about 17 users now, so the league should be quite good. Also there seems to be some good players in the league.

Guest Kamy100

Nope not yet, the problem is all my FIFA playing mates have it on the 360 so that is why I bought on there. Perversly they are all buying PES2009 on the PS3 as it is easier to edit the kits etc on that so will have PES2009 on the PS3. Hopefully my brother will get FIFA on the PS3 soon though.

No worries about doing the online league table etc.

Here is the one T4E. Maybe best getting an answer from him if he quit or not?

I'm not that bothered about it mate, don't want to be kicking up a stink. We'll have a rematch and draw a line under it.

Yeah I agree but also we dont want any quitters in our league - its annoying when people quit games. Some people somehow quit online games, and the result doesnt stand - how do they do it? Do they pull the network cable?

Last night I was playing a guy 'Tescodude' I think he's called - beat him 2-1 and stopped his 12 game winning streak, but he quit with about 20 seconds to go. Anyway think he tried to ensure his record stayed intact, but thankfully it didnt and I got the win awarded to me.

BAH! Foiled again!

Fiorentina, Werden Bremen - both 2 good teams and still available.

Dont know if anyone else has noticed but the Fifa world cup qualification has opened today. The world cup that everyone in the world can qualify for, but is based on how you do in your qualication matches. Not sure how high you will need to be ranked but its a good idea.

Iv joined up and il be spending plenty of time on this no doubt.

Lost an enjoyable game 3-1 to brfc1987 (who is last on here?) last night. Great opening goal by Alonso, and his Liverpool team just had a bit too much class for us, especially with the finishing. I'm beginning to think letting my heart rule my head and picking Rangers was a bad move, but so be it. I'll be on for a couple of games this afternoon if anyone is about?

That were me T4E. I am not very good with Liverpool to be honest, I am so much better with the Spanish National side. Robbie Keane seems to be a big let down for Liverpool on the game and the midfield seems very slow. Any team with pacy wingers should be able to beat Liverpool as Riera is around a 78/79 rating and really not that good. To get anything out of Liverpool it seems, Gerrard needs to be played on the right wing with Alonso and Javier in the middle.

Archived