BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fifa 2009

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No in the last fifa they allowed more than 1 of each team, but not this one.

Cocker - up to you mate but as he supports birmingham, if he does join again then I wouldnt give him any advantage.

14 Teams in now - Still awaiting Anti Dingle, American, maybe T4E?

OK mate I'm in. I've been trying to work through my frustrations with the game before joining up but sod it, I'll give it a go.

I've also got a mate who'll join if thats acceptable?

EDIT: Oh yeah, my tag. It's neilt4e - send us an invite please buddy.

His ID is conormont.

Not so much anything specific, I'm just not very good and I'm a very bad loser! I was hoping to iron that out before joining because I don't want to subject you all to my unsportsmanlike ways :D So far I've played 10 online games, won 4 and lost 6. Aside from the first game where I was mullered, I only tend to lose by the odd goal, but I haven't been creating much chance wise. I'm just hoping there's no relegation factored in to this thing......

It’s just a case of practice. Play people online in unranked games until you start playing well. The key to online is finding teams you are good with or teams you can beat specific teams with. Another way to improve is to play as weaker teams. Usually if someone picks Man United against me then il go for Galatasary (4 star) or Santos in Brazil and usually I can beat them.

Best way to create is to keep the ball moving as much as possible, quick passing, quick 1-2’s and bits of skill here and there. Use the wings, but don’t always take the obvious route. Try to outwit your opponent - I love penalty shoot outs, I really try to play games with my oppositions mind and try to work him out when it comes to penalties.

Anti Dingle, T4E & Your mate, Tim sent you all an email. If you can just send me a friend adding thing and then it will allow me to invite you to the league. Its daft as the only way to invite people is to be friends or of played them recently.

Once you send that - il accept and invite you to the league. It will then be in your hub to accept that message. To invite one particular league member, simply go into the league, select the user and then select 'invite to league game'.

Once you 4 are in that will be us up to 17, with American soon to follow.

Had a cracking run tonight. Currently my online streak is 10 straight wins.

Highlight of run so far beating Sunderland with Villa 9-3 - completely battered them! Been Villa all night and they are perfect for my style of play on here.

Current online record is 36 wins, 19 losses, with 14 cleansheets and im currently up to level 5.

Apologies from myself and on behalf of mate. I neglected to tell him that 5 star teams were not allowed and he's gone for Italy. Spoke to him this morning, please could you kick him and reinvite and he'll chose an appropriate team?

Whilst we're on the subject, are International teams allowed? I assumed not when I was choosing.....

Ok il kick him later and then re-invite.

Are the international teams not rated differently though? Im not sure, maybe worth checking the overall stats of the team to see how they compare with a 4 1/2 star team.

Either way im happy - what do the rest think?

Bah,

lost my first league game last night after 4 matches. Went down 2-1 to Valencia (I think it was Valencia)

I've got no problem with International teams being used as long as it's 4 1/2 star or under.

Finding myself using LA Galaxy a lot latley they are only rated two stars but the forwards and Beckham combione well. It's alwys good to beat Barca and Man U with LA you get a hell of a lot of points too!!

Try playing as Villa on a 4-4-2 - they are quality. Battered Sunderland 9-3, beat some guy with Liverpool 4-0. Beat Arsenal 4-1. They have so much pace on the game and the midfielders can score some cracking long range efforts.

Internationals - I still think we would be best sticking to club teams, as everyone so far in the league have selected those. But im not bothered either way.

T4E - im sure your mate joined last night as Atlanta, not Italy? I may be wrong, il check later.

Try playing as Villa on a 4-4-2 - they are quality. Battered Sunderland 9-3, beat some guy with Liverpool 4-0. Beat Arsenal 4-1. They have so much pace on the game and the midfielders can score some cracking long range efforts.

Internationals - I still think we would be best sticking to club teams, as everyone so far in the league have selected those. But im not bothered either way.

T4E - im sure your mate joined last night as Atlanta, not Italy? I may be wrong, il check later.

Was a good game against you last night - looking forward to the next one.

Think I might have to start fiddling a little more with the custom tatics though and play a deeper defensive line. Samba and Nelsen just cannot deal with the high through ball, especially against the pacy players like Walcott, Ronaldo, Rooney Ect.

Yeah was a good game dopper, was abit gutted I threw away my lead though & then lost a man - though I had blown it totally! Be careful dropping your players back as it will create more space infront of them so players can get long shots in.

I kind of wish I picked Villa now. Oh well, im sure il survive. Im currently in 6 seperate leagues - Do you get trophies added to your profile if you win the leagues?

Hughesy - just spoke to my mate - he left it up to his son to choose him a team and it looks like he's meant to choose Italy but chosen Atalanta. Neither of us have had a chance to check that though so I'm just going on what you've said before. Can you kick him and re-add regardless please? I've told him now no 5 star and no national sides.

EDIT: One more thing I've been meaning to ask game wise. I'm sick to death of getting fouled, playing on, having the ref wave advantage, then getting pulled back despite advancing and still having the ball. It's stopped me when I've been through on goal a couple of times. Does anyone else get this, and do you know how to turn it off/down?

I think the advantage depends on who is infront of you and if you have full control of the ball. If you have it under full control and you are away then it usually allows me to continue.

It does my head in when it comes back to book a player for a previous tackle after playing advantage. Last night when the ball went out, 3 of my players got booked in a row - Maybe im just dirty!

Ok il sort your mates invite out after work. Probably between 6-7.00pm again.

Best emailing someone prior to invite as they may be in a game. And im not sure you get the invite if your in there.

If your not in a game then it does flash up on the botom of your screen. If someone invites you from the league then you have to go to the main menu I think to accept the invite.

Archived