BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fifa 2009

WOW!

Many new features to play with - still very new so bear with me.

Online game play, you have the same old lobby are but split into "Game Modes, Match-ups, Skill Level, Lounges & Geography", but you have a choice of the normal 'my country', 'Europe' etc.

Game modes - You can select like head to head, team play.

Matchups - you can set up a match - say Rovers v Bolton - and wait for an oppenent to take you on with whichever team you choose.

Skill levels - You can select like All levels, Trainee, Ssubs, 1st team regular etc (basically they are banded based on your level, i.e. Legend is Level 60-99.

Lounges - Same old as last game, i.e. My country, Europe etc.

Geography - Is based on where players are from.

Next up, a new feature 'Fifa 09 Clubs' - This looks exciting, you basically build your own team, invite the best online players or friends from around the online world and build up your club. You play against other clubs in ranked matches.

As people know there is a be a pro season which lasts for 4 seasons. Also if good enough you can get called up for your national tea,

Then there is the online 10 v 10 game play.

There is now also a fifa interactive worldcup which online players can qualify for to test yourself against the best in globe.

Also with the Adidas Live season, with your game you get a code for 1 free league updates, but its only a trial - not sure how long. It already looks abit daft though, because in terms of the form teams Newcastle are currently 1 place above Rovers

One gripe, is the players faces. As usual very poor effort on the likes of us, yet the big teams players look exactly right.

WOW!!! - Where Rovers play their games on here, looks so much more like ewood too. Double tiers alround, then single tier for riverside, complete with its poles. Big screen also, eventhough it is between the darwen end and jack walker on here. Actually in game play iv just noticed Darwen end is also only 1 tier, so obviously now fully designed on ewood

Now time to finally play it!

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tesco are apparently selling this for £30(from midnight), so if you haven't already got it or getting it delivered tomorrow pop down :-) I believe Asda have it cheap too. I'm still waiting for my Game order, pre=ordered it month ago too :-(

I really hope the proper game is better than the demo. I rarely ever loose on the hardest level. Winning is not very often either though. Either I draw 0 - 0 or win 1 -0.

Its the same flaws as in 08 only it looks better.

Its frustrating when fifa regulate difficulty via making opponent players faster, stronger etc. and player controlled players slower, weaker etc.

In the demo fx running with the ball controlling ronaldinho, pato, malouda etc. your outrun by the slowest of defenders.

Also when mediocre defenders get whitin touching distance they slow you down or by some strange way just jumps in frint of you controlloing the balle perfectly. No hassle.

When you run onto a chipped throughball its like the player you are controlling are inslow motion.

or is it just me? - these things where recognised flaws in 08 on most messagge boards and it seems to me they are still very much there....

Q: are anyone having luck with crosses on the hardest level

Q: anyone found a usefull way to create chances?

Q: is it just me gets caught out by petr C. from chelski every tim. Even though its from 10 yards out

Levels are set by the same start up where you select your level. Im sure if you pick your team (Rovers) then you wont beat the best teams easily. However you can go into options and change the level manually to legend if you wish!!?

As for crosses - yes I have got that one working, score some cracking goals from cross passes.

My 1st game was against Bolton - It took me until extra time to win it 3-1.

Tip for gamers - throw the ball full pelt when your keeper catches it from a corner and you may catch the opposition out. Well I did anyway and Roque ran from the half way line and Chipped the keeper.

Chances - yep can create alot of good ones, different ways - but no tips given on that.

Cech is easy to beat if you work out his soft spot

Guest Kamy100
Levels are set by the same start up where you select your level. Im sure if you pick your team (Rovers) then you wont beat the best teams easily. However you can go into options and change the level manually to legend if you wish!!?

As for crosses - yes I have got that one working, score some cracking goals from cross passes.

Tip for gamers - throw the ball full pelt when your keeper catches it from a corner and you may catch the opposition out. Well I did anyway and Roque ran from the half way line and Chipped the keeper.

Chances - yep can create alot of good ones, different ways - but no tips given on that.

Agree that it is a superb game. My only gripe thus far is that it is to easy to score online, having lots of high scoring games online, I don't like this as what I really enjoyed about FIFA 08 online was that you had to work for all of your goals. Maybe I have played poor players, will have a better indication tomorrow once my friends get this game.

Other than that really liking it.

£29.99 at Argos and you get a free size 5 Leather footy

Agree that it is a superb game. My only gripe thus far is that it is to easy to score online, having lots of high scoring games online, I don't like this as what I really enjoyed about FIFA 08 online was that you had to work for all of your goals. Maybe I have played poor players, will have a better indication tomorrow once my friends get this game.

Other than that really liking it.

All depends on your opposition Kamy mate. Just played my 1st online game, won 3-0. Dont think he found it easy to score! ha ha

OK, I've picked this up today and have a few questions:

Is it possible to somehow save your starting 11 so that when you go online you dont have to keep changing players? Everytime I log into ranked quick match it keeps downloading the latest squad update? Wtf?

Great game, much better than the PES09 demo IMO.

Gotta laugh at Peders though he is so overrated in this game and fast as hell lol

Fancy a match??

psn LINDOP

Dopper il probably play if your online later on?

Not sure if you can save your team, never tried to be honest. Il have a look for you. I know you can save your tactics so maybe?

Also with the downloading of latest squad, you should be able to save that data and then it wont ask for it until a newer version has been uploaded.

As someone said earlier - Note to self: dont play Hughesy!

Dopper il probably play if your online later on?

Not sure if you can save your team, never tried to be honest. Il have a look for you. I know you can save your tactics so maybe?

Also with the downloading of latest squad, you should be able to save that data and then it wont ask for it until a newer version has been uploaded.

Yeah OK, I should be on around 10pm

Query re- setting up and saving your team selection.

Yep you set it up in the manage teams> team management > Then pick your team and your tactics etc.

Then go to my fifa - save and squads.

That will then keep your changes for that team. It has done for me.

Query re- setting up and saving your team selection.

Yep you set it up in the manage teams> team management > Then pick your team and your tactics etc.

Then go to my fifa - save and squads.

That will then keep your changes for that team. It has done for me.

Excellent, no need to waste 10 minutes every match bringing Mccarthy and villanueava on now.

Thanks

I've tried to save my team selection, however each time I enter an online match it keeps going back to default IE 442 with Reid and Dunn in centre.

I want 4411 to accomodate Villanueva without the ballache of setting it up at the start of each online quick match.

My saved team selection works fine in offline modes just not online. I'm either missing something here or FIFA havnt included this function???

No sure about the online play, let me check.

Just been out for a meal, so only just getting on the game now!

Just checked, im in an unranked, but online game and it has saved my changes still?!

Thanks for that Hughsey I've sussed it out now.

Basically you can't have a saved formation and squad list in ranked play (which is what I usually play) but you can in unranked matches.

Love this new FIFA but I'm annoyed they got rid of edit squad numbers in management mode as it was hardly anything too hard to program , just abut annoying when u sign someone they take number 2 squad number.

If anyone wants to set up a league ok 360 or fancies a game my gamertag us robin dog

Thanks for that Hughsey I've sussed it out now.

Basically you can't have a saved formation and squad list in ranked play (which is what I usually play) but you can in unranked matches.

Your tactics work though in ranked play, not sure on formation as i havnt changed that. There must be a way surely!

OK iv set up the PS3 league.

League name & Abbrv - BRFCS

Password - BRFC

Remember guys and gals, rules:

- No 5 star teams

- Must play at least 2 or 3 games a week to keep the league going.

- No disconnections or quiting

I'll join up in a minute

I have signed up for the league, brfc1987 is my PSN.

Also i have played about 15-20matches online in the last two days, yet in about 8 of them i have either won the game and then been given a loss because in the post match celebrations, the connection has supposadly been lost :( . I had just beat Brazil 5-0 as well away in the last one. I've lost 21 of 38 games and a lot of them have been due to the connection supposadly dropping and it always seems to be when i am in the lead, is there some way people have been able to cheat from losing positions like this? I am using a stable high speed connection as well so i do not understand why this happening. It used to happen on Euro 2008 as well.

I am going to apologise in advance if this happens in the league.

Spent the whole morning playing this and absolutely loving it - so much so that I am now thinking of leaving pro evo alone.

Been playing Be a Pro season mode. Made me as a player and stuck myself in the rovers team. Was surprised when the season started that it stuck me in the reserves and I must graft my way up - which is really good. Playing it this way I am appreciating being in position more and watching my passes and tackles. Loving little details really. I jumped for a header (my stats are rubbish at the moment and my bod isnt very strong) and the other guy caught me and my guy went down on his knees and held his head while play continued - very nice. Also like the way players put their hand up when they want the ball.

There is nothing I am not enjoying about this so far - its great.

Dont think I will commit to the league invite just yet as I want to crack on with the Be a Pro season.

Archived