BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fifa 2009

Guest Kamy100

You basically create a team through buying player cards, these can then be used to play as that team online, EA did something similar with the champions league game they released two years ago. This is a ps3 exclusive mode and will cost money to download. When I get home will post a link to video of this.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For those of you who play Xbox Live, I was on yesterday and came up against a player with the username Bfc93 (skill points over 100,000) and he then went on to select the Dingles. Therefore I had to be Rovers, and although I'm usually so so on the game I focused my efforts and absolutely battered him, was winning 5-0 with about 75 on the clock, when he quit.

It was a great feeling.

Look for him/her when you play the game.

I wish Fifa would deduct you 5,000 points for cancelling matches. At least that way they might not be ranked against you as they would drop down eventually. It has to be the most annoying thing about online gaming.

What I think should happen (and I have no idea if it would be possible) would be that if they quit out the computer would take over. You get to finish the game (which is all I care about) and you still get the points (something which I don't care about).

Your the big winner who gets to have a game of footy - simple.

Yeah its ok deducting points for cancelling but what if its genuine like a connection error?

Iv set up a new user account - Hughesy__1 as my last account was used by all my mates who are not that good. Also had some DNF from connection issues I had a few month ago. Iv decided I wanted one just for me, to see how good I am.

Iv currently played 24 ranked games and lost 1. Never played as a 5 star team either.

Yeah its ok deducting points for cancelling but what if its genuine like a connection error?

Iv set up a new user account - Hughesy__1 as my last account was used by all my mates who are not that good. Also had some DNF from connection issues I had a few month ago. Iv decided I wanted one just for me, to see how good I am.

Iv currently played 24 ranked games and lost 1. Never played as a 5 star team either.

You're right and I guess that's tricky.

A ) your opponent could turn their console off (simulate connection error)

B ) they could press start and quit

Cocker's way does solve that problem. At least that way you could finish the game. You could have an option too.

Player XXX has left the game. Do you want to continue versus AI opponents?

I've played the season mode on Fifa. My opponent was Man U and I was West Brom (Like in real life that week). He (they) scored first. I equalised and went ahead early second half. He (they) quit shortly after and I wasted 10 minutes and the lost points. You can file complaints on Xbox Live but it doesn't affect them much in the scheme of things.

Likewise, I've had to quit before because mini-RobboRover woke up. I did send them a message explaining though ;-)

Here's what I would do:

I'd take the DNF rate and reduce the teams stats by that percentage every time play a RANKED ONLINE GAME, no matter which team you pick. So if you've got a DNF of 10%, all your player stats get reduced by 10% in online games.

It would certainly make people think twice before disconnecting imo and nip it in the bud. Most of the quitters HATE LOSING.

Of course it doesn't help those who have ISP's problems (I had at the beginning and I'm still trying to claw back my DNF) but what can I say but - tough? Play an unranked game and you don't get penalised.

Fifa really need to add a more advanced game search in the next version so you can eliminate all 5 star teams - does my head in when everyone wants to be United, Barca etc.

Agreed. There is a lot more to the game when you play with lesser teams as you have to use their strengths more.

Guest Kamy100

I tend to search/play "unranked matches" and 9 times out of 10 you find that people play with none 5 star teams and more importantly hardly ever quit. Ranked Matches seem to attract people who are just interested in winning stats and therefore pick 5* teams and quit if they are losing.

They need to start punishing quitters. It's past a joke. I understand that people have connection problems sometimes, happens to be sometimes when I'm down and I feel bad about it, although it happens just as much when I'm ahead, but people who wait until the 89th minute when they are 2-0 down are clearly not having connection problems. I'd quite happily take a bit of punishment for a disconnect if it meant people would stop quitting. I don't care so much about my ranking, just want to play and finish a game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The only thing I don't like about this game is the quitters. Last night I was leading 5-10 games with seconds left and they just quit. Really does my head in. There should be some form of punishment or something for it.

You can tell the difference between quitters and people who genuinely lag out by the fact that quitters pause it before they leave.

I've got FIFA 09 on PS3 now for a few weeks, so I'm up for some online games! I tried some yesterday, but people just quit or lose connection, so thought it's probably better to play against one of you guys. After all Rovers fans have got used to losing - so we won't quit games because of that :rolleyes:

I'm new to online gaming on PS3 so not sure how to set up games with users - but my game id is pksrover - give me a shout if anyone interested!

• 4 weeks later...

For the celebrations where it says (hold) and you have to move the right analog more than once how much time needs to be spent 'holding' in that direction for the celebration to work.

I have a ps3 but I am pretty sure that the celebrations are the same buttons just different er, buttons

If anyone could help that would be fantastic

• 3 weeks later...

Archived