BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fowler Out Now !

JAL

Fowler out !!!

Do you agree or disagree?

Why are Rovers wasting their time and energy on this past it footballer, for me Rovers should be looking to the future or is this the remit for Paul Ince from the board or is Ince just stuck in Fowlers golden era of the past ?

Fowler has very little to offer Rovers when weve got the lazy but highly talented and younger Benni Macarthy.

The board and the Walker trust are going to come under some pressure if Rovers continue down this route.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If (and probably when) he signs permanently then I'll agree with you.

Until then there's no harm in Ince taking a look at him in these games. Whilst I can see that this might be taking Ince's time up when he could be looking round the 'corners of the world' or whatever he's not got time to do, I do feel some people are having a bit of an over-reaction at the moment.

He's still on trial.

'No old pals act' according to Ince in tonights LET :D

Ince goes on to say, "Hes coming along nicely and is making some great runs, he'll get sharper over the next few weeks. I'll give him as much time as is possible although we have to come to a decision before the start of the season ".

Santa needed a quick, pacey striker to partner him, not a slow, past it, ageing, injury prone striker.

oh FFS,

grow up JAL.

The guy is costing us the square root of diddly squat and is a positive influence by all accounts.

For this sum the square root of diddly squat still comes out as a minus philipl, not a plus, i want to see plusses all over the squad.

oh FFS,

grow up JAL.

The guy is costing us the square root of diddly squat and is a positive influence by all accounts.

Fowler was a brilliant player in his day but that day has long since gone. The two performances that I've seen, at Northwich and Wolves, would suggest that this is an experiment that needs to end quickly. With Roque, Benni, Jason and Matt ahead of him, surely Ince should be looking at a younger player to bring in as the fifth option up front.

Fowler out !!!

Do you agree or disagree?

Why are Rovers wasting their time and energy on this past it footballer, for me Rovers should be looking to the future our is this the remit for Paul Ince from the board or is Ince just stuck in Fowlers golden era of the past ?

Fowler has very little to offer Rovers when weve got the lazy but highly talented and younger Benni Macarthy.

The board and the Walker trust are going to come under some pressure if Rovers continue down this route.

Okay JAL- what's caused this just now? Was it this last game?

I wouldn't have had him near the club at all but I know just a little more about him than I probably should. In my opinion he's an unsavoury chap and I think we need a wholesome club approach to develop youngsters into premiership players. You need positive role models and we have them - see Roque SC for one. If you're going to get value out of older players thats where it starts. Fit, trainers, no vices. I played local league with a chap who stopped in his late forties and he was no great player - but he was fit and had a super attitude to life and with younger players and I finished playing at 35. I wouldn't have done it without him as a role model!

I will wait until someone who Fowler has played with comes public and says that - 'cos it won't happen.

This will be contrary to the views of some people I respect on here but all I can say is get your noses to the ground around the North West a bit more. A club is built from the ground up with the right people at every level. Or we'll have Joey Boy as Academy coach next.

Fowler was a brilliant player in his day but that day has long since gone. The two performances that I've seen, at Northwich and Wolves, would suggest that this is an experiment that needs to end quickly. With Roque, Benni, Jason and Matt ahead of him, surely Ince should be looking at a younger player to bring in as the fifth option up front.

Cheers Parsonblue, value your opinion as you seem to be spot in your judgment of players.

Okay JAL- what's caused this just now? Was it this last game?

I wouldn't have had him near the club at all but I know just a little more about him than I probably should. In my opinion he's an unsavoury chap and I think we need a wholesome club approach to develop youngsters into premiership players. You need positive role models and we have them - see Roque SC for one. If you're going to get value out of older players thats where it starts. Fit, trainers, no vices. I played local league with a chap who stopped in his late forties and he was no great player - but he was fit and had a super attitude to life and with younger players and I finished playing at 35. I wouldn't have done it without him as a role model!

I will wait until someone who Fowler has played with comes public and says that - 'cos it won't happen.

This will be contrary to the views of some people I respect on here but all I can sapace y is get your noses to the ground around the North West a bit more. A club is built from the ground up with the right people at every level. Or we'll have Joey Boy as Academy coach next.

Just wonder were the focus of the manager is in bringing Robbie to the club at this stage of his career, when we have weaknesses in other departments especially after we've just lost our most creative player to Spurs and signed somebody off youtube, effin great.

I see this thread as a challenge to the manager and... his judgment. For me, i ask what is the manager playing at.

Archived