BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fowler Out Now !

JAL

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Please, can we stop defending Ince? Mr Williams, pull the f****** plug on this muppet now!

i wish someone could pull a f****** plug on you u numpty, give ince a chance for FFS, if he signs then Fowler then so be it. The guy is not just signing to help improve the squad overall, but he will also be passing on very good experience to the younger forwards at the club. I take it you did not see the Matty Derbyshire inteview the other day?

Fowler and Ince are obviously big buddies. No other explanation.

I am wondering if Ince has backed himself into a bit of a corner on this one.

Fowler supposedly gave up a new deal with Cardiff for one final crack at Premiership football, so Ince might be somewhat embarassed about the prospect of leaving his mate completely high and dry.

That said, if Fowler could pass on a fraction of his knowhow to players like Derbyshire and Gallagher, it would be a worthwhile exercise.

If I think it's only fair we offer Les Ferdinand, Faustino Asprilla, Chris Sutton, Eric Cantona and Mick Quinn similar deals. How about trying Ince as Player -Manager on the right wing?

**EDIT** - This post is a joke and not a slur on anyone's decisions

Looks like an odd mishmash of old quotes to me, but personally wouldn't be in favour of offering him any sort of deal.

Then again, if he were to be offered a "pay as you play" deal we haven't lost anything really if he doesn't feature.

Pay as you play usually means 10k a week and another 10k if you play. It's hardly paper round pay. Plus we have the embarrassment of having that has been at our club.

Other fans are pissing themselves at our club at the moment...

Pay as you play usually means 10k a week and another 10k if you play. It's hardly paper round pay. Plus we have the embarrassment of having that has been at our club.

Other fans are pissing themselves at our club at the moment...

why don't you just give Fowler and Ince a chance before jumping in head 1st, if you don't like what is happening at Rovers, why don't you trotter of somewere else, because at this time the club needs the fans to fully support Ince and give him all the backing we can give him. END OFF

Fowler supposedly gave up a new deal with Cardiff for one final crack at Premiership football, so Ince might be somewhat embarassed about the prospect of leaving his mate completely high and dry.

That said, if Fowler could pass on a fraction of his knowhow to players like Derbyshire and Gallagher, it would be a worthwhile exercise.

I suspect you are right about the reason for Fowler still being here. After his performances against Northwich, Wolves and Breda there can be no other reason other than Ince doesn't want to let his mate down. In terms of performance there is no way that Fowler has earned a contract. Seems strange that others have been shown the door after a couple of days but a mate of the manager has hung around for weeks and from what Ince has said in the LT today is likely to get a contract if the manager gets his way.

why don't you just give Fowler and Ince a chance before jumping in head 1st, if you don't like what is happening at Rovers, why don't you trotter of somewere else, because at this time the club needs the fans to fully support Ince and give him all the backing we can give him. END OFF

You spelt "of" wrong mate...

This very likely is the situation. RB, you support PI yet are writing this theory. Surely that doesn't make sense because the situation scams the club, the other players and the fans no?

You spelt "of" wrong mate...

This very likely is the situation. RB, you support PI yet are writing this theory. Surely that doesn't make sense because the situation scams the club, the other players and the fans no?

another good response from Bish, so what if i made a spelling mistake, you knew what i ment, now do us all a favour and stop posting nonesense on this forum!!!

That article from the telegraph is just a rehas of the same quotes Ince said over a week ago, no hint in there - just the telegraph short of something to write.

Just seen that thing on there about Darwen Vale being used for all north west prem clubs today, can someone go down and kick Phil Neville and make sure he isnt playing saturday too - Thanks!

Link here - Prem Stars in Darwen

Seven subs next year don't forget, and I am guessing that will include at least two strikers. Therefore if Fowler gets deal, it means Ince has brought in an experienced pro as part of the squad, whilst not taking anything away from the exisiting transfer budget. I am sure that if any of the youth strikers start showing signs of being capable of making the step up, Ince will give them a go, I think he has already shown his willingness to do that with the kids...

If one of the kids was ready I am sure we would have seen them in action...so unless anyone is naive enough to think that none of our strikers will get injured or suspended this year I think it is an ok move under the circumstances...not better than what we have but then again neither are the likes of Bobby Zamora etc who are being signed for millions...who would you rather have?

I'm supporting Paul Ince, it doesn't follow he will never, ever make a mistake. He'll be the first manager ever not to, if that's the case.

However it's not definite either that Fowler will be given a deal, it may just be that the reason RF is getting more time is because of their previous relationship - but still be potted when he fails to come up to scratch.

That article from the telegraph is just a rehas of the same quotes Ince said over a week ago, no hint in there - just the telegraph short of something to write.

Just seen that thing on there about Darwen Vale being used for all north west prem clubs today, can someone go down and kick Phil Neville and make sure he isnt playing saturday too - Thanks!

Link here - Prem Stars in Darwen

Its being shown live on SSN or SkySports 1 at 4pm if anyone is interested in watching it.

Signing Fowler would be no better than when Hughes signed Jeffers IMO. If he does sign, then hopefully it'll be on a pay-as-you-play deal. But if Derbyshire says he can learn a thing or two from Fowler then at least it'll be benficial in some way at least.

The people who have said that Ince has backed himself into a corner over Fowler are right - but that's what he wanted.

He always wanted to sign Fowler. The trial is a pretext (don't tell me that Fowler must've been extraordinary in training, popping them in from everywhere, even from branches of nearby trees...).

However, it's a bad move. Ince is comparing Fowler to veteran Sheringham, which is foolish. Sheringham's strength, primarily, was his vision and this compensated for his lack of mobility all his career.

Fowler has no vision. He is a poacher - by definition, someone who must be mobile if not fast. Fowler has lost his mobility, therefore, he can be of little use to us. We have Derbs as a sharp shooter, what does Fowler bring to the table? Nothing but his age. And as we all know, the football fraternity love experience but in Fowler's case, with little rationality.

Ince is making a bad decision here. It won't be costly but still a bad decision with an opportunity cost.

Agree with you Rev that Ince has backed himself into a corner, I'd also like to add though (no truth in it) but I think Fowler has already been signed and the fans are being fobbed off with this story about being on trial, for once I dont believe what the club are saying and doing on this situation and I've never felt any need to mistrust the club but I do now, which isnt a very good feeling.

The young lads will learn more from Santa Cruz, thats the role model to follow not someone who cant run but earns a shed load of money and can brag about life outside of football.

Fowler must go as Ince needs to look to the future good of Blackburn Rovers football club.

Signing Fowler would be no better than when Hughes signed Jeffers IMO. If he does sign, then hopefully it'll be on a pay-as-you-play deal. But if Derbyshire says he can learn a thing or two from Fowler then at least it'll be benficial in some way at least.

Fowler's different to Jeffers IMO. Franny had potential, Fowler's just past it.

I'm not keen on Fowler one bit but if he becomes Ince's biggest mistake in stepping up to Premier League management then that's not so bad at all.

Agree with you Rev that Ince has backed himself into a corner, I'd also like to add though (no truth in it) but I think Fowler has already been signed and the fans are being fobbed off with this story about being on trial, for once I dont believe what the club are saying and doing on this situation and I've never felt any need to mistrust the club but I do now, which isnt a very good feeling.

The young lads will learn more from Santa Cruz, thats the role model to follow not someone who cant run but earns a shed load of money and can brag about life outside of football.

Fowler must go as Ince needs to look to the future good of Blackburn Rovers football club.

Good post - it sends a terrible message to the other players too. Be fat, be lazy, be past it, never mind be my mate - you're in. Annan must have seen this before he stuck 2 fingers up and walked.

Strong comments there for Paul Ince can he show the maturity required and do the decent thing, we all await his decision hes had long enough.

Is Ince a ditherer?

:lol:

No games?

You made more sense when you were talking about Dunn.

Unintentionally hilarious post though, I'll give you that.

Archived