BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fowler Out Now !

JAL

"He's a World Class striker"

Catch the (Please don't use that word again) on Incey.

Ince need to stop hyping Fowler up.

If he was World Class he wouldn't have been at Cardiff and we'd be fighting clubs for his signature.

If Ince carries on like he has done we won't believe a word he says.

Especially after the 'Brad is staying so why do I want Paul Robinson?' quote?

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ince need to stop hyping Fowler up.

If he was World Class he wouldn't have been at Cardiff and we'd be fighting clubs for his signature.

If Ince carries on like he has done we won't believe a word he says.

Especially after the 'Brad is staying so why do I want Paul Robinson?' quote?

So you want him to come out and say derogatory things about a player, I wonder what would happen then?

Have you ever seen Fergie or Wenger slate there players in public even when they make mistakes that cost them dear, no they defend them to the hilt, you have to you are there manager. What do you expect him to say "well I need a 5th choice you all think he's rubbish, but I think its worth it, he'll be happy in the role so I'm gonna sign him", come on, whats Fowler going to think.

What Ince said was "while I have Brad why would I need Paul Robinson" twist it how you like, but once Brad leaves, we need Paul Robinson. Its all about tactics bargaining positions etc.

When Stam left United what reason did Fergie give, he'd lost a yard of pace. Should he have instead said the lad wrote a book saying we had tapped him up, it seriously ###### me off, so I'm selling him for making the club and me look like we poach players. What about Wenger with Henry, I always wanted to play for Barca. Should he have said Henry's becoming a bad influence, he screams at the younger players when they make a mistake and its not good for the team.

Its a horrible position to be in, say one wrong word, one and the whole footballing world will jump on it. Oh and you doing it on the spot.

So the question I would like to ask you is this what would you say instead??

He still hasn't signed yet has he? So I presume he can't be considered for tomorrow.

If he does eventually, It's Rigters out on loan, Fowler in.

Can't see that as being anything but an improvement once Fowler has built his fitness levels up further.

He still hasn't signed yet has he? So I presume he can't be considered for tomorrow.

Can't see that as being anything but an improvement once Fowler has built his fitness levels up further.

I had hoped that having watched Fowler struggle in the pre-season friendlies that the manager might have opted to look elsewhere. Clearly that is not the case and the old pals act is alive and well and flourishing at Ewood Park. Personally, I would have preferred us giving Jamie Clarke an opportunity in place of Rigters.

Sadly, I think the signing of Fowler merely underlines the lack of ambition that has been shown during this transfer window. Clearly the money is being used for other things - hopefully to reduce the debt.

As long as Fowler gets the same amount of time on the pitch that Rigters got then we'll be fine.

It sounds like Ince wants to play him though, in which case we're going to be in a relegation fight.

Personally, I would have preferred us giving Jamie Clarke an opportunity in place of Rigters.

Maybe when he comes back from Accy on loan he might get a chance. I think Clarke is a really good player, hopefully he will make it.

As long as Fowler gets the same amount of time on the pitch that Rigters got then we'll be fine.

It sounds like Ince wants to play him though, in which case we're going to be in a relegation fight.

This is the most worrying thing about it. Many people on here are making comments like "he'll only get a short term deal", "he'll be good for the bench now we can have 7 subs" and similar. The thing is, Ince seems to think Fowler is capable of much more than this. If you genuinely believed you had a "World Class" striker, would you sign him to a short term contract and leave him to get splinters in his arse?

I don't give a toss, if PI gives RF a contract.

Even if Ince want's him, he still has to convince JW over the financial side of things.

What was Tugs offered as pay as you play, surely it will be around the same, if not less. 10-15k maybe :unsure:

The only time he will start is on merit, and in that case Ince will have been justified in his decision.

If he happens to score a couple of important goals, in the last five minutes of games it will do for me. :D

Could be useful for the cup runs we are going to have. :lol:

Sadly, I think the signing of Fowler merely underlines the lack of ambition that has been shown during this transfer window. Clearly the money is being used for other things - hopefully to reduce the debt.

Whats the point in reducing debt this season and end up playing in the championship next season?

Our level of debt is tiny: compared to clubs of a similar stature within the premiership.

I don't give a toss, if PI gives RF a contract.

Even if Ince want's him, he still has to convince JW over the financial side of things.

What was Tugs offered as pay as you play, surely it will be around the same, if not less. 10-15k maybe :unsure:

The only time he will start is on merit, and in that case Ince will have been justified in his decision.

If he happens to score a couple of important goals, in the last five minutes of games it will do for me. :D

Could be useful for the cup runs we are going to have. :lol:

Sorry but signing the has been smackhead can only send out totally the wrong signals to the outside world and more importantly to the squad.

I also believe it to be inevitable that he will be booed by the home supporters when he plays. Maybe that is the only way to convince Ince that his mates are not wanted.

This is the most worrying thing about it. Many people on here are making comments like "he'll only get a short term deal", "he'll be good for the bench now we can have 7 subs" and similar. The thing is, Ince seems to think Fowler is capable of much more than this. If you genuinely believed you had a "World Class" striker, would you sign him to a short term contract and leave him to get splinters in his arse?

After seeing Fowler on Saturday, I've gone from thinking this is interesting to this would be bad. It was like watching a top line singer doing a turn at a WMC for a packet of woodbines and missing every note.

If he does sign, the only hope if that Ince does think he's going to be a bench player who can come on and turn the game; in the same way Keown didn't in WC 2002.

What was Djorkaeff's, Henchoz's, Berner's, Enckelman's???? If he costs nothing and gets pay as you play then he costs nothing if he doesn't play.

My post above was merely to put some light onto the point that everyone has been making that he has been past it for a number of years. Perhaps citing a reason for it, and offering a slightly positive viewpoint from the normal we are a laughing stock comments because of him. If his hip is fixed, then there's a chance he could get back to something like his previous form. Why not take the chance, we lose nothing finacially. Was it not such players as Carragher, Gerrard who begged benetiz to take him back and keep him on at pool.

Even though he's had one season in the championship, a previous post that I put up showed he still has had a 1 in 2.5 goal ratio over the last four years.

You can scream all you want about how we are a joke, in the views of other fans, I personally am able to ignore others insults.

Also remember Robbie is an experienced Pro in the prem whether you like it or not he is. We lack older heads now who have been in the prem most of there lifes. Derbs has praised his pressence, that he can learn from him. He has scored more top flight goals than all our other strikers put together.

Are you seriously going to tell me he's been no worse than Benni pre-season??

By the way the op he underwent has a 5% morbidity rate, thats how seriously the man wants to play, that to me speaks volumes. At least he wants to be here can you say that about some of our other players?

It may work out it may not, but even a 10% chance that it does, its worth a try.

So you don't care that every football supporter in the land is taking the p1ss out of BRFC supporters over this summers goings on?

Why should I care what fans of others clubs are saying? haven't we always had bad press etc, we're a bunch of thugs, we bought the title and so on.

I could quite happily pick holes in all of there clubs, Ince is of the opinion that he is worth a contract so for the time being I'm prepared to reserve judgement. I understand the injury he has had to come back from, its as serious as Dunn's operation was.

I can see both positives and negatives to Fowler, you and some others have provided the negatives I and others have provided some positives.

As always in the game time will tell on Robbie.

By the way, since you brought up the "world class" quote again, it should be noted Benitez said the same.

OK top class not world class

Some players at pool berated Benitez about Robbie to get him to sign him, he's had the operation now its generally very successful, now lets see if we can reap the benefits. It may just as well not work out, but I don't do negatives till there warranted.

The thick sod Ince has said it again about Fowler..... 'He's a world class striker and will always score goals at any level.' Despite the fact that Fowler hasn't scored a single goal in any of the pre season matches.

I am sick of hearing such nonsense:

This is Fowler's record in the last 3 seasons where he has been at poorest:

2005/6: Man City& Liverpool: 20 games 9 goals

2006/7: Liverpool: 20 games 7 goals

2007/8: Cardiff: 16 games 6 goals

That in total for the last three seasons has been:

56 games 22 goals, why is there this level of hatred for the guy? He has been injured for large portions of last season but look at the goals, before that his record was 1 in 2, why can this guy not come off the bench and score goals for us?

I am sick of hearing such nonsense:

This is Fowler's record in the last 3 seasons where he has been at poorest:

2005/6: Man City& Liverpool: 20 games 9 goals

2006/7: Liverpool: 20 games 7 goals

2007/8: Cardiff: 16 games 6 goals

That in total for the last three seasons has been:

56 games 22 goals, why is there this level of hatred for the guy? He has been injured for large portions of last season but look at the goals, before that his record was 1 in 2, why can this guy not come off the bench and score goals for us?

Thenodrog sadly cannot see beyond his agenda.

Thenodrog sadly cannot see beyond his agenda.

OK brains. Please inform us all who is competing with us for Fowlers signature? He's never been signed on since he came from Cardiff so he's been a free agent yet to the best of our knowledge no other club has been in to whisk him away have they?

Archived