BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fowler Out Now !

JAL

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Delighted personally. Dont see how he helps in any sense...

Although from the link it doesnt even imply that if you read the quotes!

C'mon, BG.. look for the positives ;)

"These things do take time, especially when the agent gets involved." - He wants a secured contract and obviously more money (positive for not signing, as I dont think we will improve on the current offer)

"I'm not unsure about Robbie, I'm just unsure as to when it will get done." - Ince is now unsure whether this will go through.. although he did mention a caveat, Fowler is a free agent..

EDIT: and he is not playing tonight against Grimsby :tu: On another point, do you think he will get an EPL game with Rovers in the next 3-4 games?

I would be utterly disgusted if I was Benni, or Derbs and Fowler got a game ahead of me and I wasnt even injured! So I cant see how he will ever sneak into the team unless there is some favoritism, or sentiment at play from Ince...

Agreed, as would I, but now we are getting further into this new season, I cant see him getting any game time. The Grimsby game was probably his last chance to prove something to management and as soon as he realised that he hadn't made the squad, he has turned his nose up on the deal.

My thinking on the PI/RF friendship matter, is Ince has helped Fowler out for 2 reasons only

1. Get him personally fit and thus, put him in better contention with other potential clubs, that are willing to take a chance on him

2. Offer him a 'take it or leave it', pay-as-you-play offer for Rovers.

Ince on the whole has given him the best shot (as a mate) to get back in the EPL PREMIER LEAGUE (the guy has had over 5-6 weeks to impress).

Lets hope Nicko confirms the news soon

EDIT: Happy now Jim? :P

Btw - Other websites seem to be picking up the Fowler story now..

I would be utterly disgusted if I was Benni, or Derbs and Fowler got a game ahead of me and I wasnt even injured! So I cant see how he will ever sneak into the team unless there is some favoritism, or sentiment at play from Ince...

Not convinced Benni could have any complaints at the moment. Its time to set Derb's loose tonight.

Agreed, as would I, but now we are getting further into this new season, I cant see him getting any game time. The Grimsby game was probably his last chance to prove something to management and as soon as he realised that he hadn't made the squad, he has turned his nose up on the deal.

My thinking on the PI/RF friendship matter, is Ince has helped Fowler out for 2 reasons only

1. Get him personally fit and thus, put him in better contention with other potential clubs, that are willing to take a chance on him

2. Offer him a 'take it or leave it', pay-as-you-play offer for Rovers.

Ince on the whole has given him the best shot (as a mate) to get back in the EPL PREMIER LEAGUE (the guy has had over 5-6 weeks to impress).

Lets hope Nicko confirms the news soon

EDIT: Happy now Jim? :P

Btw - Other websites seem to be picking up the Fowler story now..

He could not play againast Grimsby, he has no contract. As I've said before he will need more than double 5-6 weeks to regain full fitness. We will go back with a one year offer of pay as you play, similiar to tugay's.

I found it comical that Fowler was in the club photo, in the match programme, on Saturday and it seems even more amusing now! Especially from the Hull fans who were giving us some stick in the pub beforehand for signing him and Andrews. I did point out that we haven't actually signed either, at least not yet anyway!

I dont see why were signing Robbie Fowler granted amazing player in his time but not now i dont see him doing much in games not really good fuel for Roque Santa Cruz either. In personal opinion i feel Ince should look at bringing in another striker as Benni McCarthy also isnt exactly playing like his self i will say what i always said keep Jason Roberts in the starting eleven prooves everytime. =]

Guest Kamy100

The Lancashire Telegraph reports today that Robbie Fowler is closing in on signing for Rovers, talks are ongoing and deal is expected to be sign in the near future.

Reading the article, it seems it's Ince or bust until Jan at least. :huh:

We should play hard ball with him, the contract offer wasn't good enough for him last time, now it seems like he's no other options, we should tear it up & offer a revised one. Business is business. Would folks think better of Ince if he did that? Doubt it.

Just shows that Ince/JW offered what they thought he was worth - so at least they were objective about it. Still wish they'd flogged Benedict though.

How many goals is it Fowler needs to score in the Prem to become the third highest scorer ever? Less than ten I think; anyone think he will do it?

The Lancashire Telegraph reports today that Robbie Fowler is closing in on signing for Rovers, talks are ongoing and deal is expected to be sign in the near future.

Am I right in thinking he turned down the contract on the basis of it being pay as you play, instead wanting a permanent deal?

Archived