BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fowler Out Now !

JAL

Someone is holding back on the Fowler contract. I'm convinced Ince would give him a 12 month contract at least. When did rovers ever give anyone a three month contract? I could partly understand this if it was to allow Fowler to prove his fitness, but he's been with us for months now.

Someone isn't backing Ince's judgement on this one, IMO.

Good

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Someone is holding back on the Fowler contract. I'm convinced Ince would give him a 12 month contract at least. When did rovers ever give anyone a three month contract? I could partly understand this if it was to allow Fowler to prove his fitness, but he's been with us for months now.

Someone isn't backing Ince's judgement on this one, IMO.

I sort of agree.

Plus, usually, after Hughes made a signing, JW always came out and made some positive comments. Not seen any champagne corks popping at Ewood following the Fowler/Andrews signings!

Just reading between the lines.

Hope I am wrong, but with some of the baffling things going on, I really hope I am eating a massive slice of humble pie come Xmas time.

Plus, usually, after Hughes made a signing, JW always came out and made some positive comments. Not seen any champagne corks popping at Ewood following the Fowler/Andrews signings!

Hope I am wrong, but with some of the baffling things going on, I really hope I am eating a massive slice of humble pie come Xmas time.

Thats a good point John, were was the unvailing to the local press of these players all i've seen is Fowler promoting himself in the telewag with a little bit on Andrews.

Probably more like the voice of the common sense majority.

Isn't it funny how we all fondly imagine that our own particular point of view is always the voice of the common sense majority. Probably the same for the Flat Earthists, or the "moon is made of green cheese" protagonists. :rolleyes:

Isn't it funny how we all fondly imagine that our own particular point of view is always the voice of the common sense majority. Probably the same for the Flat Earthists, or the "moon is made of green cheese" protagonists. :rolleyes:

I agree with you :D

Remind me how long the contract was for Mark Hughes first signing? (and yes I know this isnt Mr Ince's first signing).

It was for an ex World Cup winner, who also had a spell at Bolton Wanderers.

He also got a 3 month contract i believe.

Not to mention a vastly different player to Fowler.

If Fowler ever had what Djorkaeff had, I'd be happy with this signing. The ability that Djorkaeff had was something that wouldn't be completely wiped out by age. Unlike Fowler.

Not to mention a vastly different player to Fowler.

If Fowler ever had what Djorkaeff had, I'd be happy with this signing. The ability that Djorkaeff had was something that wouldn't be completely wiped out by age. Unlike Fowler.

YEah I mean Youri did wonders for us didnt he?!

How do you lose the ability to put a ball in the back of the net?

I am 100% certain that if presented with a chance in the box, Robbie Fowler will score a goal. The issue is that will he be fit enough to play a game and get into that position.

I wonder if the fans at LFC where he is still viewed as the "Messiah" would have Fowler back?

Hey now there's a thing! if we can get him to score 10 goals before Christmas, we could maybe get 'Pool to offer £5m plus Benayoun for him. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
What did happen with Djorkaeff?

I remember him having a half decent game against Villa @ Ewood then not featuring again.

he decided he didnt want to be in the premiership anymore and offered to walk away from his contract as oppose to taking his money whilst not interested - i personally repected him for this

I sort of agree.

100% with you on this one.

Good start by Fowler last night.

I didn't think he did very much, really.

He looked overweight and slow.

When the ball was bobbling around in the box he was still chugging along trying to get in there.

The one chance he got he fluffed badly.

A couple of decent flicks, but I expect a bit more, really.

YEah I mean Youri did wonders for us didnt he?!

Wonderful job of completely ignoring the point I made and trying to pick a hole elsewhere. Are you disagreeing with my post? If so, address atleast part of it. If not, don't quote it!

Archived