BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fowler Out Now !

JAL

I haven't seen any specific reason why he said no. I had assumed it was because it was only 6 months long. He should be pay as you play.

T4E, I was under the impression he wanted a permanent contract that extended beyond the end of the season.

A years pay as you play I could just about live with. 2 years would be madness at this stage - he's hardly likely to be in huge demand come March next year, and if he's doing well we can extend him then. A permanent deal with guaranteed money should not even be in the equation.

It will be interesting to see how much the club reveal as and when the deal is done.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A years pay as you play I could just about live with. 2 years would be madness at this stage - he's hardly likely to be in huge demand come March next year, and if he's doing well we can extend him then. A permanent deal with guaranteed money should not even be in the equation.

It will be interesting to see how much the club reveal as and when the deal is done.

T4E I agree 1 year no more, a year is more than ample to see if he can return after his op, TBH 6 months should be long enough IMO.

He will probably get a minimal wage and by I do mean minimal, with good bonuses based on starts, sub apperances, goals and assists. It should also be written in if he tries to snort the six yard box again he should have to give it all to charity.

We should play hard ball with him, the contract offer wasn't good enough for him last time, now it seems like he's no other options, we should tear it up & offer a revised one. Business is business. Would folks think better of Ince if he did that? Doubt it.

I'm with you on that DB, but with the bit 'offer a revised one' taken out.

I find it funny that we've had numerous players for different positions in on trial this summer, yet, to the best of my knowledge, none for the right sided position that we desperately need to fill.

I'm with you on that DB, but with the bit 'offer a revised one' taken out.

I find it funny that we've had numerous players for different positions in on trial this summer, yet, to the best of my knowledge, none for the right sided position that we desperately need to fill.

You got me on that LD, was just being mischievous ;) I'm sure the contract will be as it was, and Mr F would gladly take it up given the paucity of people knocking at his door. Bottom line is he's been offered what Ince thinks he is worth, and he's the fella in the hotseat after all.

Must admit, did think it strange we trialled goalkeepers, right backs, midfielders but no RWs - maybe they're just temperamental types? Hope you didn't mean funny (ha ha); it's no laughing matter :lol:

Maybe we should've spent Fowler's potential wage to bump up the wages we were prepared to pay Pennant (or another right winger).

Also Fowler doesn't need the money so if he's stalling over signing a pay as you play deal we should get rid, he obviously isn't overly bothered about playing for the Rovers. He's lucky we offered him anything, I doubt Burnley would take him.

Maybe we should've spent Fowler's potential wage to bump up the wages we were prepared to pay Pennant (or another right winger).

Also Fowler doesn't need the money so if he's stalling over signing a pay as you play deal we should get rid, he obviously isn't overly bothered about playing for the Rovers. He's lucky we offered him anything, I doubt Burnley would take him.

I'm sure they would. They have a long tradition of signing useless has beens to sell a few shirts. (Gazza, Wright)

And give Pennant parity with Roque Santa Cruz???

Can you understand why we didn't?

Most people I speak to about our "plight" in Yorkshire think we have done well. The only people who think we have made a mistake are Man Utd fans, it's not like them to hold a grudge.

Before Bentley we didn't even have a right winger, calm yourselves down. It's sad

If Ince signs Fowler then maybe he is just 'a fat eddie murphy' afterall, what positives can you take from a past it footballer being added to the pay roll when other areas are seriously weak.

Just cant believe the idiocy of Rovers if this decision is to be taken.

If Ince signs Fowler then maybe he is just 'a fat eddie murphy' afterall, what positives can you take from a past it footballer being added to the pay roll when other areas are seriously weak.

Just cant believe the idiocy of Rovers if this decision is to be taken.

Why does it get up you nose so much?

Willing to see how it turns out. Ince seemd to know what he wass doing with Andrews so we shall see. I am a bit suspicious but the money is small and we do look like we need another forward - although Fowler doesn't really seem the type.

If he does get a contract I will be amased if he gets more than a couple of games unless we have an injury crisis.

The Fowler deal is something to get hysterical about - the Andrews one wasn't.

Fowler is past-it, has no pace, in fact, no redeeming feature. He will occupy a place on the bench and be a deadweight in the squad.

If he signs, it will be further confirmation of the virulent prejudice in football that favours mediocre experienced players at nearly all costs. Arsene Wenger has been the most efficient manager in the transfer market, in terms of returns per pound spent. Ince would be wise to recall the last time Wenger signed a wholly declined emeritus to back up his squad.

And give Pennant parity with Roque Santa Cruz???

Most people I speak to about our "plight" in Yorkshire think we have done well. The only people who think we have made a mistake are Man Utd fans, it's not like them to hold a grudge.

Thats hardly a surprise, Yorkshire is full of supporters of clubs at least a division below us and plastic Scummers. Can hardly see Rotherham and Leeds fans shedding a tear for us.

Why does it get up you nose so much?

Willing to see how it turns out. Ince seemd to know what he wass doing with Andrews so we shall see. I am a bit suspicious but the money is small and we do look like we need another forward - although Fowler doesn't really seem the type.

If he does get a contract I will be amased if he gets more than a couple of games unless we have an injury crisis.

Unbelievable !

I'm staggered at comments like this, just what does the future hold, which league do you want us to play in next season.

The Fowler deal is something to get hysterical about - the Andrews one wasn't.

Fowler is past-it, has no pace, in fact, no redeeming feature. He will occupy a place on the bench and be a deadweight in the squad.

If he signs, it will be further confirmation of the virulent prejudice in football that favours mediocre experienced players at nearly all costs. Arsene Wenger has been the most efficient manager in the transfer market, in terms of returns per pound spent. Ince would be wise to recall the last time Wenger signed a wholly declined emeritus to back up his squad.

How do we awaken our comatosed fans, will it be when they find its all too little too late.

Thats not pay as you play?

Even I'm a little miffed at that you better score goals Robbie.

What you'll probably find is thats his BASCIC wage 10k, then there will be add ons such as extra money for goals scored, extra money for a win bonus even if he only comes on for the last minute or so :lol:

All in all, a rubbish deal for the club and more importantly THE FANS of Blackburn Rovers.

Archived