BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fowler Out Now !

JAL

I didn't go last night but to accept a 'pay as you play' deal I guess Ince had to guarantee a certain number of games on a handshake with Fowler. League and FA cups being the obvious games and I wonder if we progress further at what stage the club will come before the individual in this case?

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I didn't go last night but to accept a 'pay as you play' deal I guess Ince had to guarantee a certain number of games on a handshake with Fowler. League and FA cups being the obvious games and I wonder if we progress further at what stage the club will come before the individual in this case?

Pure speculation on your part.

In any case, on last night's evidence, Fowler has moved above Benni Mac in the pecking order. And if Rovers stick with the slick passing to feet and moving the ball which was so excellent last night - rather than lump it long to Santa Cruz and Roberts - then Roberts is going to lose his place too, because he simply doesn't have the touch or the skill to play that way.

Santa himself hasn't scored since the opening day, and 1 in 6 is disappointing by last seasons standards, but he adds so much more to the team so I'd expect him and Matty to start on Saturday, with Fowler and Roberts in contention to come off the bench.

Good performance considering his fitness i think, although i havent seen the whole game im putting bits together. I think we can let him get match fit and then judge...at the end of the day were not losing anything.Its Performance related pay and i fully trust Ince to use him when he can be useful for us...like last night.

Pure speculation on your part.

In any case, on last night's evidence, Fowler has moved above Benni Mac in the pecking order.

We'll see. Fowler was reported to be unhappy with the pay as you play terms so I'm sure a bit of horse trading took place around the deal.

But.... I think both you and I are currently above BM Tris.... And I havent even seen you play! :rover:

Good performance considering his fitness i think, although i havent seen the whole game im putting bits together. I think we can let him get match fit and

Rum do isn't it? Professional athletes who have trained together for almost 3 months are'nt fit. Imo those who let us and themselves down should only be allowed a 14 day close season next May.

I rem the old Shankly / Paisley training regime at Lpool in the 60's and 70's when all the squad were given a target weight and weighed 10.00 am every Monday morning. Any playerv who was overweight then had to do extra training with a plastic dry cleaning bag under their training top. It wasn't to punish them as much as to put the responsibility for personal fitness onto the individual. Lpool then were generally regarded as just about the fittest team around.

Rum do isn't it? Professional athletes who have trained together for almost 3 months are'nt fit. Imo those who let us and themselves down should only be allowed a 14 day close season next May.

I rem the old Shankly / Paisley training regime at Lpool in the 60's and 70's when all the squad were given a target weight and weighed 10.00 am every Monday morning. Any playerv who was overweight then had to do extra training with a plastic dry cleaning bag under their training top. It wasn't to punish them as much as to put the responsibility for personal fitness onto the individual. Lpool then were generally regarded as just about the fittest team around.

There is a difference between being fit and match fit. Considering Fowler hasn't played hardly any competitive football for ages he was sharp and his first touch was superb. He looked a class act.

There is a difference between being fit and match fit. Considering Fowler hasn't played hardly any competitive football for ages he was sharp and his first touch was superb. He looked a class act.

I wouldn't say he looked sharp. He'll never lose the class, but his ability to get around a football field on a regular basis, is still up for discussion IMO.

A potent probability of only.... 25%... we need a lot higher somewhere in the 80- 90% region SURELY, thats the type of player we need, not one that comes off the bench but one that starts the game and finishes it ....victorious in a blue and white jersey.

There can be no doubt that Ince brought Fowler in because he is mates with him. We have rejected Castillo and Annan after only a few days yet let this guy stay here for weeks. Surely that is wrong?

:rolleyes:

These two must be on holiday together.

Fowler was average last night. Not as bad as I thought but certainly he will struggle week in week out. Missed a couple of glaring chances but was at least in the postion to miss them suggesting he has something to offer albeit not the clinical finishing he was once well known for.

I'm happy with the deal he has at Rovers and extremley pleased with the performance he put in last night (as it was above my expectations), don't think he had the full 90 in him but it will have done him good.

So moving from cynical and scathing to 'I'll give him a chance' after last night.

As one who was aghast at Fowler joining us I have to say was pleasantly surprised with his performance last night. He looked reasonably trim and his touch and passing was Tugayesque in what appeared to be quite a deep role for a striker.

His legendary finishing was a little dissapointing but I was encouraged by his all round contribution and with him coming on a free as well as a pay-as-you-play deal his aquisition now looks like good business.

Fowler played ok last night but as more of a link up player than a striker. As such he was no real threat and didn't really trouble the Everton defence in key areas.

Some of his one touch lay offs were very classy but as a goal threat I'm not so sure now.

Fowler played ok last night but as more of a link up player than a striker. As such he was no real threat and didn't really trouble the Everton defence in key areas.

Some of his one touch lay offs were very classy but as a goal threat I'm not so sure now.

didnt seem to still have it as a striker but as you say his one touch lay offs hes still got

Sweetest touch imaginable for Olsson's goal- that had to be absolutely perfect given where the defenders were.

Thats rubbish Gunner! Fowler over hit it and left Olsen with a hell of a lot more to do than he should have needed to do. You need to view it again.

I think your (predictable) posts would be more appreciated here

They might resonate more.....

Yes yes very good bucky. I'll have a good laugh about that.... later on when I've a bit more time on my hands perhaps.

Obviously though

a. You have not seen the goal.

b. You have never kicked a ball in anger in all your born days.

• 3 weeks later...
was shocked at his inept performance,think its time to release him.Its sad to see him getting picked ahead of matty and gally .

Absolutely correct Abbey. I cannot believe that Fowler can ever wear a Rovers shirt again. Get rid Ince he is doing your reputation no good at all.

They didn't work together thats all, Roberts hardly set the world on fire. By both of your's logic we should put him in the stocks for a week. Ooijer had a stinker as a first game lets get rid of him too, Grella can join him along with treacy. One game does constitute a reasonable assessment but given the boo's I heard when he went off reasonable is a word not best associated with some of our supporters.

they didnt work together thats all?

c'mon be real,he WAS a good player not IS.He was off the pace and never got in position to trouble the goalie.

Asked to play a different role IE link up player. I have never seen Fowler play this role before in his career, Ince felt he could do a job it didn't work. He tried some flicks and dummy's and his partner was anticipating something else they didn't work together. You judge him on one game and thats it he's crap and has nothing to offer, I hope you never have an off day.

Archived