BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fowler Out Now !

JAL

I'm totally against the idea of Fowler. I can't see him being motivated enough, plain and simple. The only thing I will say in his defence is that:

a) its better than that Recoba fella, who had De Pedro written all over him.

B) he takes a decent penalty, does he not?

I seriously hope that all the fans who have slated him and don't want him at our club will refuse to cheer when he scores goals for us.

I don't think that'll be much of an issue.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know why people think if Fowler can't make it as a player he'll be a great coach. Great players don't necessarily equate to great coaches. It takes more than your natural ability to hone and develop the skills of footballers.

I seriously hope that all the fans who have slated him and don't want him at our club will refuse to cheer when he scores goals for us.

At the end of the day despite whatever viewpoint evryone has on the matter this signing has definitely devided us fans would you not say, I know theres alot of unhappy bunnies in Blackburn over this which cant be good for the club.

I don't know why people think if Fowler can't make it as a player he'll be a great coach. Great players don't necessarily equate to great coaches. It takes more than your natural ability to hone and develop the skills of footballers.

There was that article where Derbyshire said he liked having Fowler around and that he helped him

At the end of the day despite whatever viewpoint evryone has on the matter this signing has definitely devided us fans would you not say, I know theres alot of unhappy bunnies in Blackburn over this which cant be good for the club.

The important thing is that Fowler fits in with the team. Going by the reports we've seen in the news, he has fitted in really well with the lads and his experience can only be a good thing especially for the likes of youngsters like Derbs, Judge etc.

We might be divided but IF he makes his debut, i'm sure the Blackburn fans present at the games will get behind him. He's one of us now so we might as well support him and try everything to get the best out of him. He might not have the legs but he's got the ability and the awareness to get into valuable positions to be a threat.

The important thing is that Fowler fits in with the team. Going by the reports we've seen in the news, he has fitted in really well with the lads and his experience can only be a good thing especially for the likes of youngsters like Derbs, Judge etc.

We might be divided but IF he makes his debut, i'm sure the Blackburn fans present at the games will get behind him. He's one of us now so we might as well support him and try everything to get the best out of him. He might not have the legs but he's got the ability and the awareness to get into valuable positions to be a threat.

Hope your right Tim, we wait and see though it isnt inspiring having a known hasbeen on the books when there are young eager men out there ready to make a name for themselves and take the next journey and progress the club further.

With Santa Cruz, Roberts, Derbs & Benni all ahead of him for the 2 strikers' places, maybe there's something to be said for playing Fowler just behind them. I've no idea how he'd play in that role but if Dunn is out injured and Reid is his usual crap self it might be worth a look. Hughes dropped back into midfield at the end of his playing days and wasnt bad. Just a thought...

With Santa Cruz, Roberts, Derbs & Benni all ahead of him for the 2 strikers' places, maybe there's something to be said for playing Fowler just behind them. I've no idea how he'd play in that role but if Dunn is out injured and Reid is his usual crap self it might be worth a look. Hughes dropped back into midfield at the end of his playing days and wasnt bad. Just a thought...

Fowler was a prolific goal poacher who came alive in the box whilst Hughes was a strong forceful player who could get involved in build up play. Cannot see Fowler being able to play in midfield

If Fowler is able to contribute anything then its got to be converting the sort of chance Roberts had in the 8th minute of the West Ham game.

RSC had destroyed their left back chasing down, disposessing him and then driving into the box along the by-line delivering an inch perfect firm pass to Roberts centre of goal on the 6 yard line.

By the time Jason had controlled it, got it out of his feet and shot, he had been completely closed down and it was a dead easy block.

If Fowler is able to contribute anything then its got to be converting the sort of chance Roberts had in the 8th minute of the West Ham game.

RSC had destroyed their left back chasing down, disposessing him and then driving into the box along the by-line delivering an inch perfect firm pass to Roberts centre of goal on the 6 yard line.

By the time Jason had controlled it, got it out of his feet and shot, he had been completely closed down and it was a dead easy block.

Yes, but Jason mobilised his body to get himself into that goalscoring position could Robbie do likewise?

Hope your right Tim, we wait and see though it isnt inspiring having a known hasbeen on the books when there are young eager men out there ready to make a name for themselves and take the next journey and progress the club further.

Don't worry Jal - I'm sure he will be more of a success than the MF room :lol:

By that token Fowler would never have scored the goal that Roberts got. So what are you trying to say?

So he is now officially a Blackburn player, I'm going to get behind him and give him a chance, he can't be any worse than McCarthy has been so far this season and we all know he can put the ball in the back of the net if given a chance. Now it's up to the team to create some chances for him if he gets on the pitch, hopefully Fowler will be keen to work hard and try and recapture some of his old fitness and form.

Fowler: I'll be bargain of the season

Pretty much sums it up perfectly. He is on a pay as you play deal, if he bags a load of goals he'll be an absolute bargain, if not, do we lose out? No.

From that article:

“Even if I did stop playing I would still want to be involved in the game as a coach.

After Derbyshire's comments about learning from him maybe this would be a more likely option in the long run for us?

Can't say I'm massively enthused about this but as it's a pay as you play I guess there really can't be too much harm in it - don't suppose he'll be used a time waster sub for the last 2 minites of a game very often!

I really don't see how he can force his way in ahead of the other strikers we have available though. Despite Ince's protestations, it really does smack of an old pals act, or at the very least sticking with what you know (even when it's obvious that Fowler is no longer the player he once knew).

Oh by the way, hello again everyone.

Someone is holding back on the Fowler contract. I'm convinced Ince would give him a 12 month contract at least. When did rovers ever give anyone a three month contract? I could partly understand this if it was to allow Fowler to prove his fitness, but he's been with us for months now.

Someone isn't backing Ince's judgement on this one, IMO.

Archived