BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fowler Out Now !

JAL

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As I've said before you really need to understand the injury he has carried, It ruined his career. Th operation he underwent should correct this at great personal expense later in life. As always in my life I am willing to give him a chance to prove everyone wrong, he is no where near full fitness at present, he needs longer. As I said before we will wait and see.

So thats why he could'nt turn to his left last week? The prems no place for players who cannot turn quickly.

i've not been keen on fowler at all, but after watching benni's 10min cameo today, it's hard to imagine that fowler would have done worse... what did benni do?? although that big smile when ooijer scored was nice to see, given that he did look sulky when he was coming on.

i've not been keen on fowler at all, but after watching benni's 10min cameo today, it's hard to imagine that fowler would have done worse... what did benni do?? although that big smile when ooijer scored was nice to see, given that he did look sulky when he was coming on.

The crazy thing is that if Fowler was on we probably would have seen him run more than Benni!

We should put them up front together I think as a daytime program on ITV, 'Can't run, Won't Run'

SSN saying Fowler possibly signing.

Fowlers probbaly signed weeks ago but they couldnt reveal it becuase of the back lash it would cause form the Blackburn lads, now One good result on and the club are about to sign him.

What a wast of wages.

Sack the board !!!!!!

SSN saying Fowler possibly signing.

Fowlers probbaly signed weeks ago but they couldnt reveal it becuase of the back lash it would cause form the Blackburn lads, now One good result on and the club are about to sign him.

What a wast of wages.

Sack the board !!!!!!

It's the managers decision.

I for one can't quite understand it either. But Ince knows a good deal more about football than you do so I willing to see how it pans out. Cpmparatively in terms of outlay it will be a cheap deal and with Rigters going out on loan we are just bringing ourselves to the same number of strikers as last year without spending much.

If we do sign Fowler as seems likely, its reminiscent of Hughes signing Francis Jeffers last season, and - to a lesser extent - Youri Djorkaeff the season before. Both were Scrapheap Challenge fodder and I couldnt see why a Premiership club would bother. The best that can happen with Fowler is that we get one, maybe 2, seasons out of him as a 4th or 5th choice striker. But if this is going to be considered a main signing then God help us (no pun on Fowler's Liverpool nickname intended).

The only time in recent memory where we've taken a striker at the end of their career and got a good return was a bloke called Hughes who popped up in midfield, battled like a warrior, and won us the Worthington Cup. Wonder what happened to him?

It's the managers decision.

I for one can't quite understand it either. But Ince knows a good deal more about football than you do so I willing to see how it pans out. Cpmparatively in terms of outlay it will be a cheap deal and with Rigters going out on loan we are just bringing ourselves to the same number of strikers as last year without spending much.

I wonder if JW has got involved here and watered down the deal that Fowler was offered.

If he is purely here on a 6 month, performance related deal to help the strikers and give us another option off the 7 man bench, then I can live with it. I worry that Ince sees him as more than that, with his "World Class striker" comments. It will be interesting to see if he starts against Hull, considering the incumbents did well against Everton. It's probably fair to assume he'll see action against Grimsby at the latest.

If this is true, its rather cheaky of Fowler... If he thinks he can get a fulltime contract at another Premier League club, i say let him: http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport...rn_Rovers_deal/

I think he is after his final payday with a Premier League club personally. All those years of the playboy lifestyle splashing money like its going out of fashion has come back to bite him on the ass! :lol:

If this is true, its rather cheaky of Fowler... If he thinks he can get a fulltime contract at another Premier League club, i say let him: http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport...rn_Rovers_deal/

I think he is after his final payday with a Premier League club personally. All those years of the playboy lifestyle splashing money like its going out of fashion has come back to bite him on the ass! :lol:

Dont think he needs the cash, he has a port follio of around 300 properties

I think you can add Sutton to that list as genuine top class Premier League forwards.

Sutton was certainly top class, but I think Cole, Yorke, Fowler and Shearer are on that small list of strikers that everyone would list if you asked them to name premiership greats.

Sutton was certainly top class, but I think Cole, Yorke, Fowler and Shearer are on that small list of strikers that everyone would list if you asked them to name premiership greats.

Michael Owen and Thierry Henry would probably complete the list...not much chance of those happening though. :)

You been living in a cave?

I doubt this about money for Roberto.

He's finished at this level, mind. He'll still show the odd flash of brilliance and be a good influence in the changies, but his legs have gone.

Archived