BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fowler Out Now !

JAL

Don't be such a smart arse, of course I know Derbyshire is different to our other strikers but by your logic we should sign any old codger who used to be good because he might teach on of our players something.

If Fowler wants to be a coach he should get lost and get his coaching badges and then be employed as a COACH. It's an embarrassment that we are signing him as a player...

I'm the smart ass well thank you, I take that as a compliment.

I am talking about Fowler as is quite clear in my post, not some old codger I suggest you wipe the drool of your face so you can read the screen properly. With every day that goes by it gets harder and harder to believe you are a Rover and too take you seriously.

You are here to provoke a reaction nothing more as I have said before, and I do believe you have admitted this publicly on this forum.

Its very interesting to know that prior to your suddenly decline into hysteria and childlike comments, that you on more than one occasion said that Ince would be a good choice. All it took however was for you to was his relegation quip in his first interview, what happened bish did the wind change?? You obviously make decisions based on your gut, as opposed to giving anything rational thought, it is probably beyond you.

What am sick of is your constant name calling and bully tactics, I take it you treat everyone like this, have you ever heard of Victor Meldrew?.

Your previous post stated that Derb's could learn off BM and RSC, but yet in your very next one you admit that neither is an off the shoulder striker, so you change your tune, as you have done with Ince, you must have strong principles and convictions well done.

Tomorrow you will be looking to cause further issues on this forum perhaps your spell checker will even have found a new word for you besides Moron, Muppet and Loser. Heres an idea for you, you should watch a new Vicky Pollard episode, she may help you develop your vocabulary.

Anyway Bish time to go back to answering phone calls or Emails or whatever mundane job you do that drives you into such misery, have fun.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyway Bish time to go back to answering phone calls or Emails or whatever mundane job you do that drives you into such misery, have fun.

I don't need to tell you what job I do but it certainly isn't "answering emails and telephones". Are you still at University? Your out of order speculating about other people's jobs. I thought Ince might be a good choice when Hughes left on the provision that he would not be bringing his 4th Division staff with him (I had assumed that he would have better contacts than he has proved to have because he did play for Utd, Inter and Liverpool) and on the assumption that he had bothered to get his coaching qualifications (as everybody else in Europe has to).

I had doubts when I learned about the lack of coaching badges and am pretty sure I posted about my concerns re Matthias on the day we confirmed the appointment of Ince. I assumed we would then at least go for a young, highly rated coach but we went for Knox and the inexperienced (and again unqualified Nigel Winterburn).

I have every right to have doubts about the quality of Ince's staff and their lack of qualifications. You may argue qualifications are not important but I am assuming you are still at University so it's not really an argument you can make.

What has happened since has only made things worse. There can be no doubt that Ince brought Fowler in because he is mates with him. We have rejected Castillo and Annan after only a few days yet let this guy stay here for weeks. Surely that is wrong? We don't even need a striker and if we do we need one with pace.

Friedel has left and that may or may not be down to Ince but I have serious doubts about Paul Robinson. He is not agile and poor at commanding his area, I worry he is going to cost goals and an already leaky defence will not have much confidence in him.

You may dismiss the rumours about our better players wanting out and I don't like to use the term "there is no smoke without fire" but I'm sorry, there is an awful lot of smoke. We don't have much money and we need to maximise the performance of our players as much as possible. I have concerns that this coaching team will not be able to do that.

The clubs image has taken a massive slide over the summer and the manager does not appear to be in control, he appears overwhelmed and the media and other clubs are smelling blood. I think it's obvious that people within football know things are going wrong at our club and Ince has not got a handle on things. His media appearances are mostly incoherent, unconfident and embarrassing.

On the plus side, Villanueva could be good. Ince also needs to replace Bentley well and really strengthen the centre of the park. If we sell BM for 9 million and replace him with good pace it would also be a positive move. There aren't many signs of many quality players coming in though are there?

If these signings are made then things could be looking up but he needs to work fast and bring in true quality, however I think whatever happens we are likely to see Ince and his mates took this job too soon and are out of their depth. Let's hope I'm wrong because if we get relegated then we will have massive problems won't we?

I don't need to tell you what job I do but it certainly isn't "answering emails and telephones". Are you still at University? Your out of order speculating about other people's jobs. I thought Ince might be a good choice when Hughes left on the provision that he would not be bringing his 4th Division staff with him (I had assumed that he would have better contacts than he has proved to have because he did play for Utd, Inter and Liverpool) and on the assumption that he had bothered to get his coaching qualifications (as everybody else in Europe has to).

I had doubts when I learned about the lack of coaching badges and am pretty sure I posted about my concerns re Matthias on the day we confirmed the appointment of Ince. I assumed we would then at least go for a young, highly rated coach but we went for Knox and the inexperienced (and again unqualified Nigel Winterburn).

I have every right to have doubts about the quality of Ince's staff and their lack of qualifications. You may argue qualifications are not important but I am assuming you are still at University so it's not really an argument you can make.

What has happened since has only made things worse. There can be no doubt that Ince brought Fowler in because he is mates with him. We have rejected Castillo and Annan after only a few days yet let this guy stay here for weeks. Surely that is wrong? We don't even need a striker and if we do we need one with pace.

Friedel has left and that may or may not be down to Ince but I have serious doubts about Paul Robinson. He is not agile and poor at commanding his area, I worry he is going to cost goals and an already leaky defence will not have much confidence in him.

You may dismiss the rumours about our better players wanting out and I don't like to use the term "there is no smoke without fire" but I'm sorry, there is an awful lot of smoke. We don't have much money and we need to maximise the performance of our players as much as possible. I have concerns that this coaching team will not be able to do that.

The clubs image has taken a massive slide over the summer and the manager does not appear to be in control, he appears overwhelmed and the media and other clubs are smelling blood. I think it's obvious that people within football know things are going wrong at our club and Ince has not got a handle on things. His media appearances are mostly incoherent, unconfident and embarrassing.

On the plus side, Villanueva could be good. Ince also needs to replace Bentley well and really strengthen the centre of the park. If we sell BM for 9 million and replace him with good pace it would also be a positive move. There aren't many signs of many quality players coming in though are there?

If these signings are made then things could be looking up but he needs to work fast and bring in true quality, however I think whatever happens we are likely to see Ince and his mates took this job too soon and are out of their depth. Let's hope I'm wrong because if we get relegated then we will have massive problems won't we?

Can anyone edit this, I fell asleep halfway in! It's like reading every other one of his posts - Ince/fowler/world against me...fill in the gaps!

Don't be such a smart arse, of course I know Derbyshire is different to our other strikers but by your logic we should ...

By your logic (repeated ad nauseam day after day after day) we should all top ourselves.

Bish bash bosh - BYE!!

Is this o.k?

Done a quick edit. This seems to say it all really.

Friedel has left and that may or may not be down to Ince but I have serious doubts about Paul Robinson. He is not agile and poor at commanding his area, I worry he is going to cost goals and an already leaky defence will not have much confidence on him.

On the plus side, Villanueva could be good. Ince also needs to replace Bentley well and really strengthen the centre of the park. If we sell BM for 9 million and replace him with good pace it would also be a positive move. There aren't many signs of this happening though are there?

First Off well done, at last a constructive and reasoned post, keep it up!

Yes I maybe out of order speculating on what you do for a living but it has been no worse than your remarks about Ince and Mathias, which were below the belt. I also notice you have assumed I'm a student, now whats assumption?? You do not show respect on here to other posters, and staff at the club, if you want me/others to show you respect then show some and so will I. Do unto others as you would have done to yourself.

You should check my posts all I have ever said is that they deserve an opportunity, nothing more. I have voiced concerns and tried to give a different viewpoint to the constant Doom Mongering that has plagued this site in recent weeks.

You have every right to post your viewpoint, but there is a manner and context in which it should be done.

Perhaps you'd care to see what I posted in reference to our new coaching staff, you maybe surprised. With Reference to Robinson, he is not Brad no-one will argue that, but at the same time who else was there, don't forget a foreign GK would probably not have a mastery of the English language (I consider that essential if he has to go straight in), Carson god no. Mimms has done wonders with Wolves lets hope he can do the same with Robbo. Robbo is here, he is number one, lets hope he can get back to his form before his fall.

What happened when Capello took over England, he installed people he knew and trusted. What happened when Hughes went to city, the same. Its fairly standard in the game, they are a team, they know how each other works and trust each other, Ince was always going to bring staff from MK Dons, to believe otherwise is naive. Winterburn may not have qualifications but the defence he was part of was legendary, it could just as well be good. I hold great stock in qualifications but at the same time am experienced enough to realise that qualifications are not the be all and end all.

With 7 subs now we need a 5th striker, we will have two on the bench if one of Derb's, Roberts, RSC, BM gets injured we have someone who can step in, and be happy in the role of 5th choice (how many players would seriously be happy in that role??). Regardless of your personal feelings over Fowler, and the image it creates in your opinion, you have to back Ince's judgment. I have posted a couple of possible explanations over why Fowler could be of benefit, but in the same vein have never said its my choice, I am not Ince, I am not fully aware of the situation, I like you can only speculate nothing more. Derb's has said he feels he can learn from him, so if he signs at minimal cost and helps him develop then that can only be a good thing.

Several of our players have publicly stated that all is fine in the camp at Rovers, there maybe more going on behind the scenes than we know, but until it comes out if it ever does it is nothing more than talk. There maybe no smoke with out fire, but in the same breath constantly stoking the fire only adds more smoke. If our players are so fed-up with the new regime they should act, submit a request and go, no-one has.

With reference to our massive slide, I will wait until the season actually starts. If you or I started a new job would you or I be happy if we were judged based on our first impression, no. You and I would want to chance to impress, the time to settle in and find your feet. You yourself said that by appointing Ince we may need to take two steps back to make strides forward, is this not the scenario you stated would happen??

Very few people are comfortable in front of the camera's I would like to see you do it. Especially in the knowledge that his every word will be picked on twisted and perverted as it is being done. I could not care less how he portraits himself on the camera, it could be worse he could talk like Maclaren. So long as we get results on the pitch, which will only be proven over time, something it would seem you do not feel he deserves.

The Window closes on the 1st September, if we still have no new arrivals then I too will have some concerns but as its only the 15th of August, I am prepared to reserve judgment till then. Rovers have always been masters of keeping our real targets out of the press, I am prepared to wait because I have faith that this is going on.

As I have said many times my jury is out I will judge him on results, its all that matters.

Welcome to the Club Robbie, here's hoping your hips sorted, and you can bang in a few for us!!!

Benetiz said the same T4E, just he lacked a bit of pace.

He's signing he's a rover lets judge him when he gets on.

As if i couldn't be any more against this, you tell me that Benitez rates him?! Brilliant.....

First Off well done, at last a constructive and reasoned post, keep it up!

Yes I maybe out of order speculating on what you do for a living but it has been no worse than your remarks about Ince and Mathias, which were below the belt. I also notice you have assumed I'm a student, now whats assumption?? You do not show respect on here to other posters, and staff at the club, if you want me/others to show you respect then show some and so will I. Do unto others as you would have done to yourself.

You should check my posts all I have ever said is that they deserve an opportunity, nothing more. I have voiced concerns and tried to give a different viewpoint to the constant Doom Mongering that has plagued this site in recent weeks.

You have every right to post your viewpoint, but there is a manner and context in which it should be done.

Perhaps you'd care to see what I posted in reference to our new coaching staff, you maybe surprised. With Reference to Robinson, he is not Brad no-one will argue that, but at the same time who else was there, don't forget a foreign GK would probably not have a mastery of the English language (I consider that essential if he has to go straight in), Carson god no. Mimms has done wonders with Wolves lets hope he can do the same with Robbo. Robbo is here, he is number one, lets hope he can get back to his form before his fall.

What happened when Capello took over England, he installed people he knew and trusted. What happened when Hughes went to city, the same. Its fairly standard in the game, they are a team, they know how each other works and trust each other, Ince was always going to bring staff from MK Dons, to believe otherwise is naive. Winterburn may not have qualifications but the defence he was part of was legendary, it could just as well be good. I hold great stock in qualifications but at the same time am experienced enough to realise that qualifications are not the be all and end all.

With 7 subs now we need a 5th striker, we will have two on the bench if one of Derb's, Roberts, RSC, BM gets injured we have someone who can step in, and be happy in the role of 5th choice (how many players would seriously be happy in that role??). Regardless of your personal feelings over Fowler, and the image it creates in your opinion, you have to back Ince's judgment. I have posted a couple of possible explanations over why Fowler could be of benefit, but in the same vein have never said its my choice, I am not Ince, I am not fully aware of the situation, I like you can only speculate nothing more. Derb's has said he feels he can learn from him, so if he signs at minimal cost and helps him develop then that can only be a good thing.

Several of our players have publicly stated that all is fine in the camp at Rovers, there maybe more going on behind the scenes than we know, but until it comes out if it ever does it is nothing more than talk. There maybe no smoke with out fire, but in the same breath constantly stoking the fire only adds more smoke. If our players are so fed-up with the new regime they should act, submit a request and go, no-one has.

With reference to our massive slide, I will wait until the season actually starts. If you or I started a new job would you or I be happy if we were judged based on our first impression, no. You and I would want to chance to impress, the time to settle in and find your feet. You yourself said that by appointing Ince we may need to take two steps back to make strides forward, is this not the scenario you stated would happen??

Very few people are comfortable in front of the camera's I would like to see you do it. Especially in the knowledge that his every word will be picked on twisted and perverted as it is being done. I could not care less how he portraits himself on the camera, it could be worse he could talk like Maclaren. So long as we get results on the pitch, which will only be proven over time, something it would seem you do not feel he deserves.

The Window closes on the 1st September, if we still have no new arrivals then I too will have some concerns but as its only the 15th of August, I am prepared to reserve judgment till then. Rovers have always been masters of keeping our real targets out of the press, I am prepared to wait because I have faith that this is going on.

As I have said many times my jury is out I will judge him on results, its all that matters.

I assumed you were a student because your profile says you are from LJMU, I wasn't having a go at you for that because I graduated four years ago. I didn't call any other posters names, just Mathias and Ince. If I was getting paid 1.5 million a year like them then I'd happily take it. Especially if I was making a mess of things like they have been doing.

I did say we might have to take a couple of steps back but my impression of Ince is he is going to take us a lot further back than is comfortable. I think if the start to the season is bad and we continue to get mocked by the press then Mr Williams is going to have to take action quickly. Ince has not got the experience that warrants giving him until Christmas if we are in a mess.

Lets hope I'm wrong and the season starts well with a win tomorrow.

Welcome to the Club Robbie, here's hoping your hips sorted, and you can bang in a few for us!!!

Benetiz said the same T4E, just he lacked a bit of pace.

He's signing he's a rover lets judge him when he gets on.

We've seen Fowler preseason, hes been found guilty of not being up to the task and thus sentenced to a career as far away as is possible from Blackburn Rovers.

It's a 5th choice striker, free transfer, low wages, with 7 subs needed he'll do a job.

He's fine as a short term measure.

Come on Fowler!

Thank god your in Worcester,you need to visit Blackburn and hear what the longstanding supporters here think of Robbie Fowler and its not to appreciative of him signing.

With the number of loan players everything looks very very short term, whatever happened to long term planning at the club, it seems to have gone out of the window - it looks like we've entered an era of living on a day to day basis.

Thank god your in Worcester,you need to visit Blackburn and hear what the longstanding supporters here think of Robbie Fowler and its not to appreciative of him signing.

With the number of loan players everything looks very very short term, whatever happened to long term planning at the club, it seems to have gone out of the window - it looks like we've entered an era of living on a day to day basis.

Long term planning only ever works if you do the things in the short term correctly. We've been linked with other strikers such as Zigic and Uche, he's signing Fowler as a stop gap solution.

How is Villanueva with a permanent transfer and contract already set in place short term? The same with Robinson's 5 year contract. RSC confirming he is staying and doesn't want to leave, the same with Warnock who at the end of the season signed a long contract extension. Ince the manager signed a 4 year contract.

Doesn't seem very short term to me.

Villanueva and Simpson are both under 23 - is that not long term planning?

Also rumoured to be looking at a 24 year old striker if Benni goes

There on loan we have'nt signed them full time. Going back to the living on a day to day basis, I think you can explore a whole host of issues relating to this in,

committment from the owners,

doubts over Ince from the owners,

Ince himself not being certain.

Archived