BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fowler Out Now !

JAL

Theres are a whole host of improvement needed in other departments of the team, the team as it stands just isnt strong enough to carry Robbie Fowler if it was I wouldnt be shouting so loud about Fowler.

Whole host of improvements - they seem like they're being addresses IMO

Robbie Fowler will never start a game for us but could be very handy coming off the bench.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

some people on here are going way over the top regarding Fowler. If Ince decides to sign Fowler on a longer contract, then i don't seem the harm it is going to have on the club. Ok Fowler is not the same player as he was at Liverpool and Leeds and even City, but he still is one of England's best finisher i have ever seen. Even he does not make the 1st team every week he will still be a very handy sub to have on the bench especially now that this year we can choose 7 subs. His coaching to the other Forwards at the club will also help them in the long run.

So stop the moaning and get behined Ince FFS

Sheringham was always a very fit lad, always playing - big difference to Fowler, 56 appearances over four years says it all thanks for the info majiball.

Its a no brainer majiball, the hiring of Fowler free or not is simply not good enough maybe four years ago i'd be saying completly the opposite as there would have been an excellent case for hiring Robbie Fowler but not now.

If Ince carries on down this path then the immediate future of Blackburn Rovers looks very bleak.

Couple this with the garbage coming out of Inces mouth about Tugay still having a major role to play, Dunny as vice captain, the future looks very very bleak for Blackburn Rovers.The standard if we are to maintain our premiership status HAS TO BE HIGHER THAN WHAT THESE INDIVIDUALS CAN DELIVER IN FUTURE.

If you or anyone else cant see this then i see it as my repsonsibility to point these things out.

Thank you JAL.

Lancshire Evening Telegraph

Top News Story

JAL wins Euro Millions

Young JAL a Blackburn Rovers supporter last night discovered he'd won the Euro Millions Lottery, banking a total of 10 Million big fat pounds, would be enough to brighten even the darkest of lives. We managed to catch up with young JAL as he left the Bank, here's what he had to say "Frack it, I wanted a rollover leave me alone, I wanted a bloody rollover its not enough"

Come on pal, cheer up!!

If Fowler comes on pay as you play and bags even 5 goals, then great! he'll be a sub at most we need a 5th choice so we can always have two on the bench in case one gets crooked.

Lancshire Evening Telegraph

Top News Story

JAL wins Euro Millions

Young JAL a Blackburn Rovers supporter last night discovered he'd won the Euro Millions Lottery, banking a total of 10 Million big fat pounds, would be enough to brighten even the darkest of lives. We managed to catch up with young JAL as he left the Bank, here's what he had to say "Frack it, I wanted a rollover leave me alone, I wanted a bloody rollover its not enough"

Come on pal, cheer up!!

If Fowler comes on pay as you play and bags even 5 goals, then great! he'll be a sub at most we need a 5th choice so we can always have two on the bench in case one gets crooked.

We can but dream but reality for me doesnt see it that way. Give me the star of tomorrow like Bentley was not yesteryear.

Bring back Simon Garner if we are to continue down this route.

Fowler is useless now, but not useless enough to warrant all of this.

Did he ignore you or something? If he gets a contact we can all be mad later, relax for now.

He isn't putting on the best trial now is he?

Interpreting Inces comments it seems as if hes signed him, and after reading the Times on comings and goings at each premier club they printed that we had already signed him - hopefully this is untrue, but many fans have put some good valid points forward as to the non signature of Robbie Fowler.

Hopefully commonsense will prevail and Fowler does one.

Interpreting Inces comments it seems as if hes signed him, and after reading the Times on comings and goings at each premier club they printed that we had already signed him - hopefully this is untrue, but many fans have put some good valid points forward as to the non signature of Robbie Fowler.

Hopefully commonsense will prevail and Fowler does one.

So are you going to chill out on Fowler?

I mean it doesn't need mentioning that it must be horribly demoralizing knowing you can not hack it anymore.

I dont think there is a case to bring Fowler to Ewood Park.

I cannot think of any positives other than his experience of finishing being of use to the likes of Derbyshire and prompting the likes of Roberts to come good in the finishing stakes.

On the negative side, he is old, his legs are gone, he has no real heart in football with earnings circa £40 outside of football, he has had some serious injuries that ensured he couldnt hack the championship and he didnt score many with Cardiff who are one of the more attractive sides in the Championship as well as being a drain on wages.

Rovers would be better off working with a young and upcoming striker of their own.

some people on here are going way over the top regarding Fowler. If Ince decides to sign Fowler on a longer contract, then i don't seem the harm it is going to have on the club. Ok Fowler is not the same player as he was at Liverpool and Leeds and even City, but he still is one of England's best finisher i have ever seen. Even he does not make the 1st team every week he will still be a very handy sub to have on the bench especially now that this year we can choose 7 subs. His coaching to the other Forwards at the club will also help them in the long run.

So stop the moaning and get behined Ince FFS

was! He onlt warmed his arse at Cardiff rem!. :rolleyes:

btw coaching??? Not that it matters at Ewood it seems but he's no bloody badges for that either! :rolleyes:

At themoment it looks like he could be Benni's replacement.

I think the biggest problem with the whole Fowler situation is that his role, when he signs, is not clear.

I was against the whole Fowler thing to start with, but I'm warming to the idea. If, and it's a big IF, he has the correct role.

The biggest problem is that Ince hasn't clarified what Fowler will be good for. The sooner he does that the better.

I think the biggest problem with the whole Fowler situation is that his role, when he signs, is not clear.

I was against the whole Fowler thing to start with, but I'm warming to the idea. If, and it's a big IF, he has the correct role.

The biggest problem is that Ince hasn't clarified what Fowler will be good for. The sooner he does that the better.

White line monitor of course!

Fowler is a very poor mans Benni McCarthy these days.

I take it that 'these days' you mean present time.

Not from what I've seen.

Fowler puts in more effort, looks far keener and is even slimmer.

Where does Benni want driving to, Sunderland?

What an embarrassment watching Robbie Howler playing for the last twenty minutes or so against a very ordinary Breda side about as effective as a chocolate fire guard.

If Ince doesnt offload his pal by the end of the month then its time for Ince to pack in.

What an embarrassment watching Robbie Howler playing for the last twenty minutes or so against a very ordinary Breda side about as effective as a chocolate fire guard.

If Ince doesnt offload his pal by the end of the month then its time for Ince to pack in.

Agreed we are a fine premiership club, Fowler WAS a good player but now not good enough for us! If Ince can't see this he isn't fit to manage us either!!!

apologies for the fine display of english displayed above.

Yes it is Ince who has to say no.

I remember when I could no longer hack it, even at my level, the guys and manager wanted me to give it one more season.

My heart said yes, my desire was still there, but you know yourself when your body just can't put in the performance.

So Robbie, take the decision away from Ince.

Do the rite thing for you and BRFC.

Say good bye, and thanks for the laughs on the MB.

PS I have a few properties I want to off load, if your interested, should help with the pension fund :P

Agreed on this one. He just isn't good enough for the Prem anymore.

Is anybody likely to even register a modicum of suprise about that? A player in his mid 30's who has been bit-part at best for a number of seriously let-down clubs for the past half dozen years should be put out to grass and not offered a place in any decent squad. Common bloody sense and whoever cannot see that should never ever be allowed near the managers office at Ewood.

Archived