BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fowler Out Now !

JAL

Fowler had a contract at Cardiff if he wanted it.

I am sure a lot of clubs are put off by the fact that he has been injured since October with a career threatening injury.

He does not need the money so why is he here? He wants to prove that he can cut it in the PL, he is hungry, will cost us next to nothing and his goal scoring record cannot be argued with so what is the issue?

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Frankly I don't give a chuff one way or the other. It is the square root of diddly squat in EPL money terms.

There are far more worrying concerns about the Rovers at the moment.

Now come on Gunner Graham............. You dissed John for doing that this morning. SAo c'mon whats sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. Elaborate please.

Now come on Gunner ............. You dissed John for doing that this morning. SAo c'mon whats sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. Elaborate please.

Well you have obviously not been reading my posts then have you?

PS My alter ego is on loan at Motherwell

This is Fowler's record in the last 3 seasons where he has been at poorest:

2005/6: Man City& Liverpool: 20 games 9 goals

2006/7: Liverpool: 20 games 7 goals

2007/8: Cardiff: 16 games 6 goals

That in total for the last three seasons has been:

56 games 22 goals, why is there this level of hatred for the guy? He has been injured for large portions of last season but look at the goals, before that his record was 1 in 2, why can this guy not come off the bench and score goals for us?

Can I ask where you got those stats? This profile doesn't reflect anywhere near as favourably.

05/06: 6 goals in 20 games

06/07: 5 goals in 20 games

The Cardiff site backs up 6 in 16 for last season, but that's hardly a record we should be signing him on, is it?

In fact, from that, the only half decent season he had was 04-05 when he scored 10 in 31 for Man City. You have to go all the way back to 01-02 to find his next decent season.

There's also the very valuable point that he offers nothing else on the pitch; he's slow, he's lazy, he's generally unfit, he's small, he's weak, he tries stupid little tricks which never come off...

Can I ask where you got those stats? This profile doesn't reflect anywhere near as favourably.

The Cardiff site backs up 6 in 16 for last season, but that's hardly a record we should be signing him on, is it?

In fact, from that, the only half decent season he had was 04-05 when he scored 10 in 31 for Man City. You have to go all the way back to 01-02 to find his next decent season.

There's also the very valuable point that he offers nothing else on the pitch; he's slow, he's lazy, he's generally unfit, he's small, he's weak, he tries stupid little tricks which never come off...

Cheers for the stats LeChuck, I think all of the professional footballing world are wondering what the hell is Ince doing having Fowler here.

Big mistake for Paul Ince if he is to take this route which hes seems determined to do, hes better off waiting till xmas and then looking at a slimmer, fitter, model.

Apps againast goals, thats what I've got:

Cruz App 96 GL 30 Ratio 1 in 3.2

Benni App 137 GL 53 Ratio 1 in 2.5

Matt App 75 GL 24 Ratio 1 in 3.1

Roberts App 143 GL 45 Ratio 1 in 3.1

Fowler App 56 GL 22 Ratio 1 in 2.5

Apperances againast Goals for the last 4 years for all our strikers, I have not taken playing time into consideration. Given that Fowler and Derb's have mainly been subs over the last 4 years, I can probaly lower that ratio but I won't. At the end of the day, it does not matter what they did in the past if it did we would probably have never signed RSC his record at Bayern was shocking, but he came to us found a new lease of life and look what happened. Getting Fowler fit after a hip injury (one he's carried for a while now) will take longer than a month, 2 possibly a little bit more. I remember Hughes trying to sign him a couple of years ago, did you kick and scream then, did you call for his head, but most important of all did you call him a clown, based on one desicion? I'd like to think not! Hughes also tried to sign an even older has been in sheringham, what was your reaction then? I could go on Nelsen an MLS nobody, Samba a mid table german reserve at best. I take it at the time you went down the fancy dress shop hired a clown suit and paraded youself round Ewood screaming I'm Mark Hughes, come on. You gave him the benefit of the doubt and judged them on what you saw I'll wager do the same with Robbie and Ince.

Cheers for the stats LeChuck, I think all of the professional footballing world are wondering what the hell is Ince doing having Fowler here.

Big mistake for Paul Ince if he is to take this route which hes seems determined to do, hes better off waiting till xmas and then looking at a slimmer, fitter, model.

Just for you Jal, I will repeat myself.

Just for you Jal, I will repeat myself.

There are a lot of words majiball that seem to support a lot of inaction and if by some miracle the frequency of this inaction is going to change into action.

Dream on, i'd love to share your belief but experience tells me otherwise. ;)

It's absolutely sickening to have had to listen to Ince preparing us for the Fowler signing every other day whilst the guy has performed miserably over the whole pre season. His contract will be sold to us mugs as "pay as you play" but I imagine he is on at least 10k per week + a very large playing bonus.

The only thing Ince has been saying with any kind of confidence over the last few weeks is how great his mate Fowler is, the problem is most people with any sense know the guy is a waste of space at our level and no use to us.

A shocking signing and a shocking start to life as a Premiership manager by Paul Ince...

If Fowler scores one goal all season and that's the difference betweem a draw and a defeat, then its been worth it. Those two points could be the difference between lets say 7th or 6th, who knows, we'll wait and see.

As I've said before you really need to understand the injury he has carried, It ruined his career. Th operation he underwent should correct this at great personal expense later in life. As always in my life I am willing to give him a chance to prove everyone wrong, he is no where near full fitness at present, he needs longer. As I said before we will wait and see.

If Fowler scores one goal all season and that's the difference betweem a draw and a defeat, then its been worth it. Those two points could be the difference between lets say 7th or 6th, who knows, we'll wait and see.

As I've said before you really need to understand the injury he has carried, It ruined his career. Th operation he underwent should correct this at great personal expense later in life. As always in my life I am willing to give him a chance to prove everyone wrong, he is no where near full fitness at present, he needs longer. As I said before we will wait and see.

I know you are trying to argue from another viewpoint but to argue that if a striker you have just signed scores one goal all season then he has been worth it is taking it too far. If we need to bring him on to change a game then I think we can rest assured that it won't be to get from 7th to 6th. More likely trying to get out of the relegation zone. We'd have to be absolutely desperate.

I understand he's been injured a lot and that only strengthens the argument that he's past it. He's old, fat and crocked (although he was amazing years ago). I suppose we have to give him a chance now but just remember he will be getting paid a bomb whilst we wait for him to try (and probably fail) to recapture his glory years. I seriously doubt he will get NOTHING if he doesn't play. We owe this pleasure to the fact Fowler is mates with our new manager.

Why, when someone younger more able could score that goal?

Rovers need players who add pace and height to the team and have a longer shelf life than what Robbie Fowler has.

Agree the injury has ruined his career, and now its time for Ince to move on drop Fowler and look for soemeone who has the potential to excite the Blackburn end.

In Football or any sport the decision making should be quick and decisive not drag on and on and on.

Le chucks statistics back up the logical conclusion to this scenario which is, times up Fowler has to go, Now!

I just think that selling Bentley and bringing in Fowler somehow smacks of a lack of ambition. I remember how excited we were when John Radford signed all those years ago. He had been a legend at Highbury and an England centre-forward who would score goals galore at Blackburn - he didn't!

We have moved on from the days when a former great player could land at Ewood and earn a couple of years of easy money before drawing the curtain down on their career - or at least I thought we had.

I think the addition of Fowler to the squad simply underlines the fact that there is no warchest available and I suspect that Mark Hughes knew this and hence his decision to leave.

I just think that selling Bentley and bringing in Fowler somehow smacks of a lack of ambition. I remember how excited we were when John Radford signed all those years ago. He had been a legend at Highbury and an England centre-forward who would score goals galore at Blackburn - he didn't!

We have moved on from the days when a former great player could land at Ewood and earn a couple of years of easy money before drawing the curtain down on their career - or at least I thought we had.

I think the addition of Fowler to the squad simply underlines the fact that there is no warchest available and I suspect that Mark Hughes knew this and hence his decision to leave.

True.

As a young lad on the riverside I wondered what all the hype was about John Radford and John Aston along with Keith Birchenall if that was his name from Leicester City, ageing donkeys they were, seem to compliment Fowler well.

If Fowler scores one goal all season and that's the difference betweem a draw and a defeat, then its been worth it.

No it hasn't! Unless he only plays one game.

All the time he spends on the pitch failing could have been spent on McCarthy/Roberts/Derbyshire (whichever one misses out) and I'm sure any one of them would provide a bigger threat.

Le Chuck's stats are league goals only, the stats I gave included European goals, league cup and FA Cup goals too.

Right. So...you've added the goals, but not the appearances? I mean, we both have 20 appearances down for each season, so where are the extra goals coming from?

And the stats I supplied have included European goals, although it's blindly obvious this isn't your strong point so I'll forgive that mistake.

So you don't care that every football supporter in the land is taking the p1ss out of BRFC supporters over this summers goings on?

Is that where it's at??! I always marked you down as being the type of bloke I'd want to be fighting on my side when leaving the protection of the trenches. You've gone all lily-livered. Get a grip. Fight back. Support the team. Show those nasty p1ss taking Burnley fans where you are NAILING YOUR COLOURS.

So you don't care that every football supporter in the land is taking the p1ss out of BRFC supporters over this summers goings on?

I couldn't give a toss, I don't support Blackburn to get kind words said about me over other football supporters, they can worry about their own team. If other supporters are bothered about us then it doesn't worry me at all, I'm worried about what happens on the pitch not what some Man City, Newcastle or Villa fan thinks of what's going on at our club.

No it hasn't! Unless he only plays one game.

All the time he spends on the pitch failing could have been spent on McCarthy/Roberts/Derbyshire (whichever one misses out) and I'm sure any one of them would provide a bigger threat.

They are not going to miss out, Fowler is not going to be first choice for us, other than perhaps a league cup game I'll be surprised if he even starts a game unless we have injuries.

If McCarthy/Roberts/Derbyshire are all on the bench while he plays Fowler ahead of them I'll give you your point and admit that you are right, until then I am fine with him being our FIFTH choice striker.

I honestly don't understand the whole Fowler thing, I mean that literally, it's as though people are thinking we've signed him to be the front line of our attack.

If McCarthy/Roberts/Derbyshire are all on the bench while he plays Fowler ahead of them I'll give you your point and admit that you are right, until then I am fine with him being our FIFTH choice striker.

I completely agree re the fifth choice thing. Ince's comments about him being 'world class' etc. (he seems to bring out one about Fowler every few days) make me incredibly nervous though, it just doesn't sound like Ince has that role in mind for him.

I completely agree re the fifth choice thing. Ince's comments about him being 'world class' etc. (he seems to bring out one about Fowler every few days) make me incredibly nervous though, it just doesn't sound like Ince has that role in mind for him.

I agree with you there, Robbie was excellent in his prime but I'm not sure if he was ever quite in the 'world class' category. Hopefully its just a case of trying to give a bit of confidence, you don't exactly slate a new signing. I honestly think though he is going to play a small part in our season and will only be used when needed, unless he does somehow manage to recapture some of his old form and prove to be a decent backup player.

He was nobody's dream signing but he is now/about to be a Blackburn player so lets just see how he does when given a chance.

I have read your site and the information is inaccurate, evidence?

It states that Fowler scored 1 goal in 4 games for Man City in the season 05/06 that is wrong, wikki states that he scored 4 goals in 5 games, now view the following Robbie Fowler site where you can view EVERY goal he has ever scored, it states quite clearly he scored a hatrick on January 7th 2006 in the FA cup 3rd round.

Also in 06/07 Robbie scored a goal vs reading in league Cup and Arsenal in Quarter finals, these are 2 goals missed from your site, view all the data below (good goals too)

http://www.robbiefowler.fcpages.com/stats.html

So to sum up:

2005/6: Man City& Liverpool: 20 games 9 goals

2006/7: Liverpool: 20 games 7 goals

2007/8: Cardiff: 16 games 6 goals

These are his worst seasons and still he manages 1 goal in 2.5!

I have read your site and the information is inaccurate, evidence?

It states that Fowler scored 1 goal in 4 games for Man City in the season 05/06 that is wrong, wikki states

I can't believe you're using Wikipedia to disprove the link I posted! The 'Robbie Fowler' page looks like it's been made by a 12 year old in Microsoft Publisher or something as well, hardly reliable. You still didn't explain why your stats have more goals but an equal number of games. If yours include cup matches then surely the number of games should rise accordingly.

Archived