BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nicko's Thread

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we stop this Beckham business and get real? It's Windy...Seriously, if Lennon's being mooted then why not SWP? Wishful thinking perhaps but Ince is apparently good friends with Ian Wright which may influence and we all know SWP needs to get his career back on track. He aint gonna figure much under Scolari.

Rather Pennant than SWP-

SWP over Pennant for me. SWP lost his way at Chelsea and would have the desire to succeed with us. Not convinced Pennant would cut the mustard and plenty of baggage to boot.

Anyway, it's probably Steve McManaman from the Incey old boys network so he and robbie can go and buy/rob some houses.

Beckham to Inces rescue.

As KK once said, "Il'd absolutly love it" if one of those numpty journos picks this up and runs with it Sunday (nicko exc.)

A rumour on the grapevine in Blackburn many weeks ago was, that the board offered Beckham as an option for Paul Ince, but Ince turned it down, the loan fee was rumoured to be somewhere in the region of £5m to bring him to Ewood.

Dont know how true it was, but I did post it at the time.

i have in fact heard roumors about it, and i believe my source. i also believe he could be interested in moving back to england because of familiar reasons, but that is just a tought tough.

Fair enough...Rumours are rumours but england is one thing, blackburn is another!

thats true, but it's no problem to live in manchester and playing for rovers. manchester a growing and becoming a good option to London. i believe he wouldn't have any problem living in a big old mansion there. i can't see him playing for one of the big four in the epl anyway.

shilito: two years older than you then.

i'm quite older than 13, and i'm not making this story up.

this is what i have heard, and i believe in it.

have to hang on to those few positive things these days.

on annan: what strikes me is that how can the scouts have overlooked alanzinho when they have been watching annan. ok, they are two widely different players, but ''alan'' dominates the games far more than annan. and you have to be far better than other players in the norwegian league to make it in bigger leagues in europe. annan is not that player.

Vaguely remember that. Was it when we came back up? Seem to remember them playing us off the park but finished 2-2.

That was right, Beckham scored an own goal, Gillespie scored with a shot right in the top corner. Short got sent off and Beckham scored from the freekick whilst Friedel was out of his goal. Grabbi played quite well that night and was unlucky to have a goal ruled out.

Vaguely remember that. Was it when we came back up? Seem to remember them playing us off the park but finished 2-2.

He scored on a set piece against us as well didn't he? Remember it quite well, Craig Short was sent off, and the free kick was taken very quickly, in fact Short wasn't off the pitch (which I think he should have been before the free kick should have been allowed to be taken?) Anyway, a right mess it was. Was it not this game that Jay McEveley had him (Beckham) in his pocket all the game?

Archived